• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The problem I think is that she sounds almost too reasonable and level headed. In America, you have to have fire in your belly to get anyone's attention. No one listens to reasoned discourse anymore.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Democratic response is over. I thought Stacey did a great job nailing down on what is happening currently in this country and how to improve on it unlike Trump who was living in the past.

Jan 15, 2019
Overall better than the usual responses. Certainly no Marco Rubio moments. As said earlier though, would've appreciated a little more fire. This was a good response to a regular Republican, but doesn't seem to acknowledge how abnormal the Trump presidency is. But hey, she didn't leave Fox News anything to mock or obsess over so in that regard it was successful.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Abrams not talking about medicare for all, but instead about "expanding healthcare" is why Bernie's rebuttal is important. This was just the 'democratic establishment consensus'.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
8VvTNUz.gif
Lil' Donny so happy to have mommy's approval

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
god damn this response fucking blows

We need voters to choose their leaders, not politicians choosing their voters

We beat Jim Crow and Civil Rights, yet we still need to deal with Racism in this day and age

We want the president to tell the truth

LGBT is still under attack and needs to stop

The shutdown was a stunt by the president

Yeah this response was so shit....ughhhhh

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Well I expected more fire/energy in the tone, but I guess being more subtle also works by contrast.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a campaign speech but a pre written response. What do people expect? We need to cancel this reality show instead of looking for a renewal
It's not that that it was bad but it felt to me like the kind of response speech to a normal Republican president when there's nothing normal about this presidency

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I am sympathetic to people acknowledging that Trump went on so long that hearing anyone talk, especially someone who is so comparatively eloquent and speaks at a normal cadence, feels kind of exhausting and overwhelming right now.

But acting like the speech wasn't legitimately great is unreal.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
We need voters to choose their leaders, not politicians choosing their voters

We beat Jim Crow and Civil Rights, yet we still need to deal with Racism in this day and age

We want the president to tell the truth

LGBT is still under attack and needs to stop

The shutdown was a stunt by the president

Yeah this response was so shit....ughhhhh

Yeah the points she made were important.

But it's fair to criticize the delivery.

There didn't seem to be much urgency in her voice. Not much of a call to action here.

It felt, as one person mentioned, like a school report. I'm not seeing the overall passion that others have mentioned in this thread.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
People wanted Stacey to break out a big fuck you to Trump while whacking Mitch McConnell with a steel chair. I mean who cares about facts and pointing out what flaws this country currently has amirite.
Abrams is a black professional woman, she would never have gotten half as far if she was anything like these folks wanted her to be

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Speech was fine and I like Abrams, but I'm honestly fucking tired of Democrats saying "I don't want him to fail"

I want him to fail. I want him to fucking crash and burn and endure horrible agony before croaking.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The only silver lining of that fucker becoming Governor in Georgia is that Stacey is freed up to run for Senate (or more). She is amazing.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
People wanted Stacey to break out a big fuck you to Trump while whacking Mitch McConnell with a steel chair. I mean who cares about facts and pointing out what flaws this country currently has amirite.

as another Era member put it:

Seeing people say someone making great points delivered well is boring really puts into focus why someone like Trump wins. Nobody cares about policy. They want pageantry.