• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Choice #1: she goes in hard and creates clips for the oppo

Choice #2: she goes in smart and to the point, avoids any gaffes, and we are done.

There is nothing gained long term going in hard. It creates future problems

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Again: what tone of voice do you guys think a black woman who is still trying to win a position in Georgia can afford to use? How angry can she sound without ending her career? Seriously.

Abrams is a black professional woman, she would never have gotten half as far if she was anything like these folks wanted her to be

It's baffling.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Am I weird for thinking she looks really attractive?

giphy.gif

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
LOLthat nbc thumbs up/down. All the white people gave Trump a thumbs up, all the colored people gave him a thumbs down.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
It's hilarious for the RNC response to accuse the speech from the Democrats of living in the past.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
In 1 minute AOC is more forceful and on point than Abrams was in that entire speech. She nails it like every time.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Abrams has an awesome ability to speak to the heart of issues. Speaking to us, sure it might seem subdued, speaking to the broad spectrum of people it might play well. That being said, sure I would not have minded a bit more resolute terms when speaking of the crisis we are in and the depths to which we've sunk.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not that that it was bad but it felt to me like the kind of response speech to a normal Republican president when there's nothing normal about this presidency
It's Trump's night. Going in hard right after his speech doesn't help. Give it 24-48 hours, gather your facts, and then attack.

If we attack too hard tonight after the delay, it will backfire. Play the long game

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah the points she made were important.

But it's fair to criticize the delivery.

There didn't seem to be much urgency in her voice. Not much of a call to action here.

It felt, as one person mentioned, like a school report. I'm not seeing the overall passion that others have mentioned in this thread.

She's a Black Woman politician

If she coughed during the speech, people would have ripped her shit

You can't even pretend to think that she's playing at fair standards or without preconcieved notions

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
She's saying good stuff, but it sounds kind of like an infomercial.

That's the vibe I got from it to. It's going to come off like an "establishment" style speech even though she tried to make it personal.

Edit: to clarify, I thought her content was fine but something about the delivery, background, etc. Created a vibe that came off to polished, in the sense that it had a "production" quality to it.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Speech was fine and I like Abrams, but I'm honestly fucking tired of Democrats saying "I don't want him to fail"

I want him to fail. I want him to fucking crash and burn and endure horrible agony before croaking.

We need to avoid attacking the institutions. That is exactly what Trump does. If we want to win the white House back it's going to take more than the Democratic base to do so.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

You can't even pretend to think that she's playing at fair standards or without preconcieved notions
It's amazing how Trump just needs to do the bare minimum to be called presidential, as opposed to Obama especially

Thank you, someone who doesn't make me feel weird

She just looks really great for 78

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing people say someone making great points delivered well is boring really puts into focus why someone like Trump wins. Nobody cares about policy. They want pageantry.

Obama brought policy with exuberant charisma. They aren't mutually exclusive entities.

One of my biggest concerns is Trump as a general concept has opened Pandora's Box in regards to the pageantry. In that the loudest, most bombastic candidates will always get to the forefront above level-headed reasonable ones. I mean it's always been a case but Trump takes that element of modern politics to the extreme.

The President has always been someone with ThinkTank credentials that can speak to a nation. Now the President is simply a "character", a reality star.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

lol could you even imagine what would've happened to her if she was Secretary of State and pulled what Kemp did last Nov against a GOP opponent?

LAWD

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
We need to avoid attacking the institutions. That is exactly what Trump does. If we want to win the white House back it's going to take more than the Democratic base to do so.
If every Democrat voted we would win I think, I don't know how much we need to reach across the aisle as much as how much we need to just get people out to vote.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Lets be honest it would have been the same thing if Abrams cured cancer live on stage.

I would assume the RNC response was written up before seeing her speech, but it's just so funny since she only talked about present issues while Trump gave us a full history lesson including pulling out Buzz Aldrin.

Nerdyone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Exactly. If she shows too much emotion it's going to be on all media, not just Fox. Black women cannot get a break in the media

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume the RNC response was written up before seeing her speech, but it's just so funny since she only talked about present issues while Trump gave us a full history lesson including pulling out Buzz Aldrin.
Trump pulling out all the stops seem like despartion for some kinda of approval.