• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would assume the RNC response was written up before seeing her speech, but it's just so funny since she only talked about present issues while Trump gave us a full history lesson including pulling out Buzz Aldrin.

I hope there's a DNC response to the RNC response to the Democratic SoTU response to the SoTU.

Oct 26, 2017
8VvTNUz.gif

I couldn't watch.

What's she clapping about?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
that was for sure pre written when Abrams was announced as the Democratic rebuttal speaker. Didn't actually address anything she said at all.
Ironically it's only them who are "stuck in the past" by only obsessively talking about the election result while Abrams said only relevant, present info.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
And Bernie's going. Looks like those power naps during the SOTU helped, he seems reasonably energetic even if he's stumbling every now and then on delivering. Congratulated Abrams at the start, though.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Some people wanted the Democratic response to be a counter in a food fight.

Democrats can't get away with that.

More bluntly, Black Women can't get away with that.

Realize and understand the different ways society perceives different people. Abrams would not have escaped the Angry Black Woman caricature.

More to the point, and speaking personally, as a Black person...my heart was so warm, so fulfilled, at seeing this ignorant, stupid, unintelligent white man tripping over his words, so accustomed to privilege...being responded to by an intelligent and self-made Black Woman exhibiting the epitome of grace and eloquence. Stacey Abrams was in every way a contrast to the nearly two hours of mental vacancy we were just subjected to.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im still fucking pissed they keep saying she "lost"

Kemp was corruption incarnate. It wasn't a goddamn election.

I am also pissed, the Republicans had a unfair advantage in Georgia with Kemp being completely involved with the elections. Stacey did not lose, she got fucked over by the dirty tricks of the Republicans.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wait, so Trump said he doesn't want babies being ripped away from mothers but he's ok with ripping kids away from immigrant mothers? Wow

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only take away from this entire speech is Trump's threat of no legislation so long as he's being investigated.

That part was so strange and didn't fit the speech at all. It was terribly written and Hilarious that was his segue into criminal justice reform.

The whole speech was written so poorly. Steven Miller is such a racist fucking fraud.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I'd really rather not watch a third speech. Can anyone confirm if Bernie talks about anything other than income inequality?

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Some people wanted the Democratic response to be a counter in a food fight.

Democrats can't get away with that.

More bluntly, Black Women can't get away with that.

Realize and understand the different ways society perceives different people. Abrams would not have escaped the Angry Black Woman caricature.

More to the point, and speaking personally, as a Black person...my heart was so warm, so fulfilled, at seeing this ignorant, stupid, unintelligent white man tripping over his words, so accustomed to privilege...being responded to by an intelligent and self-made Black Woman exhibiting the epitome of grace and eloquence. Stacey Abrams was in every way a contrast to the nearly two hours of mental vacancy we were just subjected to.

Exactly. After listening to the dummy stumble upon his words for 90+ minutes and wanting to shoot myself...figuratively of course, it was soothing and comforting to hear Stacey discussing what transpired in the last few months and what needs to be done.

EDIT: Here's her response in case people didn't catch it the first time.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie going into talking about the investigations now too and the President not being above the law, and Trump racistly demonizing Latino immigrants

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
what do you think lmao

This is why I'm playing more Kingdom Hearts 2 instead tbh.

Life expectancy, child poverty, infrastructure, health care

I'd be genuinely interested in how he might frame his ideas about the border, if he were to bring it up. If it would be primarily economic, or also humanitarian.

It's really a much better response speech IMO

I'm not sure that I agree with the idea that talking about the same thing since 2016 can be considered a "response" to current events, but to be fair I'm not listening now. He is a talented speaker, more in line with what some people in the thread seemed to want to hear.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
I'd really rather not watch a third speech. Can anyone confirm if Bernie talks about anything other than income inequality?

Oooh, he's talking about investigations and putting his support behind them and railing against what Trump said earlier. And now he's going into immigration stuff. He started with his usual fare, but he's actually hitting him on his crimes and... he just called demonizing Latinos racist. Oh dang, he's going into the Las Vegas shooting and how Trump didn't mention it.