• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017

My dude check this out I'm gonna fuck myself. ALL ABROAD THE HYPE TRAIN.

D3AwzsPXQAAxJ0o.jpg:large

OP
OP
Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
AKP - 48,75
CHP - 48,65

4K votes in between them. 140 ballot boxes remain to be counted, so around 40K votes. This could go both ways.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Binali Yıldırım is making a press conference declaring his victory, but İmamoğlu is calling for verification, and going by wet signatures, İmamoğlu claims he is ahead 50-46%.

edit: İmamoğlu condemns Yıldırım declaring preemptive victory.

Basically, on the media, YSK (Yüksek Seçim Kurulu- Assembly For Higher Election) is thought to be always manipulating vote percentages explicitly in favor of AKP (Yıldırım).

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Binali Yıldırım is making a press conference declaring his victory, but İmamoğlu is calling for verification, and going by wet signatures, İmamoğlu claims he is ahead 50-46%.

edit: İmamoğlu condemns Yıldırım declaring preemptive victory.

Basically, on the media, YSK (Yüksek Seçim Kurulu- Assembly For Higher Election) is thought to be always manipulating vote percentages explicitly in favor of AKP (Yıldırım).
Just as I thought, AK won't wait for this. They'll just declare it.

OP
OP
Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Even if we lose Istanbul this election is such a huge blow for Erdogan. But Istanbul would be the cherry on top, obviously.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fox: rumors of 100k invalid votes

İYİ Parti's president is about to deliver a press conference

Edit: Twitter insider quoted above is saying difference is 1500 votes.

Edit: Expressing her confidence in the legitimacy of votes, İYİ Parti president Meral Akşener says that İmamoğlu (CHP) will win İstanbul.

Fox says vote difference is down to several hundred.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if this was mentioned by the way but the Turkish Communist Party won the election in Tunceli, which I'm pretty sure is a first.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point the question isn't whether İmamoğlu won IMO, it's whether AKP and the government will manage to steal that from Istanbul.

OP
OP
Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Anadolu Agency doing ALL THEY CAN to not show the last 2 percent of the votes. We already know who won it, cut the crap.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bahçeli is speaking. He's full of shit. He's claiming the election was without "any coercion or misinformation"

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
İmamoğlu is giving a press conference to call upon AA to continue releasing data.

"I know we've won, it's very clear. But I'm not making a declaration to this effect, because that's not coherent with my understanding of office."

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The SOB-in-chief (Erdoğan) is giving his famous Balcony Address. "We only bow down for (Islamist stuff)" is the first thing he's said.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING DAMAGE CONTROL

I THINK HE'S DOING DAMAGE CONTROL

OH MY GOD HE'S GASLIGHTING THE OPPOSITION I THINK WE GOT ISTANBUL

edit: "We'll hold those accountable who harmed our heartfelt relationship with the people" lol

he's also saying things like "for 4.5 years there are no more elections!!!!"

back to allahisms

edit: Broken clock. "We'll destroy terrorist organizations in the southeast so that our Syrian refugees may return home." I actually hope if he manages something, it's this.

edit 2: oh my god ahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaha he started his speech saying AKP got 56% but now he says 52%. Also, he's basically sending "don't give up, don't turn away" messages

Last edited:

MarioLuigi

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
It would be greatly appreciated if some Turkish ERA members could give me an objective non-biased opinion on Erdogan. I've been told things that range from him being a dictator to him being the saviour of modern Turkey. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle?

OP
OP
Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Hahaha Erdogan basically just conceded to the defeat by saying "well we'll see how THEY can govern!" lmao.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would be greatly appreciated if some Turkish ERA members could give me an objective non-biased opinion on Erdogan. I've been told things that range from him being a dictator to him being the saviour of modern Turkey. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle?
That's pretty much impossible. I could tell you about how the Lira's value plummeted more than 20% against the dollar over the last year, about how his cabinet literally removed evolution from high school curricula because it's a "dubious and overly complex theory", about how he undermined all democratic institutions since the 2016 coup attempt, about how he's systematically dismantled the press and silenced activists, about how he single-handedly dismantled any chances of Turkey getting into the EU over the last 5 or so years with his xenophobic rhetoric, about how he used Syrian refugees as a bargaining chip against the EU to try to get Turkey into the Schengen area, but even that might not be objective enough, because anyone who's qualified to answer this, by nature, is embroiled in this bullshit in some way.

MarioLuigi

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
That's pretty much impossible. I could tell you about how the Lira's value plummeted more than 20% against the dollar over the last year, about how his cabinet literally removed evolution from high school curricula because it's a "dubious and overly complex theory", about how he undermined all democratic institutions since the 2016 coup attempt, about how he's systematically dismantled the press and silenced activists, about how he single-handedly dismantled any chances of Turkey getting into the EU over the last 5 or so years with his xenophobic rhetoric, about how he used Syrian refugees as a bargaining chip against the EU to try to get Turkey into the Schengen area, but even that might not be objective enough, because anyone who's qualified to answer this, by nature, is embroiled in this bullshit in some way.

Much appreciated! I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't all that popular in Istanbul, but what about the rest of the country, which I guess is more conservative? I mean, the country basically voted to give him even more powers right?

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Much appreciated! I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't all that popular in Istanbul, but what about the rest of the country, which I guess is more conservative? I mean, the country basically voted to give him even more powers right?
Even in this election, his party got the most vote. Our happiness is over the fact that CHP got the biggest cities. If this didn't follow years upon years upon years of AKP victories, it'd be a defeat. He's popular almost everywhere (except the Aegean region).

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Only far right extremists would believe he's the "saviour of modern Turkey".
He radicalized the country towards hardline far right (based on muslim extremism, which, funnily enough is pretty much congruent with far right ideology everywhere!) and has been cutting away at liberal-democratic institutions such as freedom of the press for years now.
Dude is a straight up dictator, there's no middle.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
So 0 good things about him is what I get from this.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So 0 good things about him is what I get from this.
One possibly good thing he tried was that he tried to go into peace talks with the Kurdish terrorist organization PKK (to get the Kurdish vote), but those talks fell out, now the most pro-Kurdish party's president is imprisoned (admittedly, though, he straight up called PKK's founder "honorable Öcalan" so that's somewhat deserved) and PKK's more inflamed, which means that the crackdown on the southeastern Kurds is only going to get worse.

He technically still hosts several million Syrian refugees, but 1. He tried to use them as a bargaining chip and 2. He admitted way too many, now Syrians are everywhere without support, and also as it turns out Syrians are actually causing widespread harassment and threatening of women in the cities they were admitted to, as well as straining infrastructure, so even the possibly good things he did, he did for gain and fucked them up anyway.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
One possibly good thing he tried was that he tried to go into peace talks with the Kurdish terrorist organization PKK (to get the Kurdish vote), but those talks fell out, now the most pro-Kurdish party's president is imprisoned (admittedly, though, he straight up called PKK's founder "honorable Öcalan" so that's somewhat deserved) and PKK's more inflamed, which means that the crackdown on the southeastern Kurds is only going to get worse.

He technically still hosts several million Syrian refugees, but 1. He tried to use them as a bargaining chip and 2. He admitted way too many, now Syrians are everywhere without support, and also as it turns out Syrians are actually causing widespread harassment and threatening of women in the cities they were admitted to, as well as straining infrastructure, so even the possibly good things he did, he did for gain and fucked them up anyway.
Thanks m8. I don't know much about erdogan except that he's been president for a long time and the many friends who speak positively upon visiting the country, so I was surprised.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
İmamoğlu's holding a press conference. ACCORDING TO HIS OWN NETWORK AND THEIR OWN CALCULATIONS, IMAMOĞLU HAS WON THE ISTANBUL ELECTION.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck. On Fox (they're good here), the counted votes in Beşiktaş, a very pro-CHP Istanbul district, jumped directly to 100% from 75% without changing the vote ratios AT ALL.

Daylight robbery.

As an ignorant American. How much power do the local government s have over Erdogan?
Not much.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have zero faith that Turkish elections are secure.
Me neither but the hope here is that the people counteracted that. Hard to believe, but we're close... Yıldırım's offices have no one there, no victory vibes at all; but İmamoğlu's environment was more celebratory.

AA published an article saying that there are several hundred thousand invalid ballots in Istanbul which will be reevaluated pending upcoming objections. (Yes it makes no fucking sense.)

It's been 4 hours since we received official data, and 1.2% of all ballots is left. The other 98.8% was delivered in a couple hours...

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck

AKP just announced that according to them, they've won by ~3k votes.

edit: FOX points out that the vote difference AKP is claiming (3980 or so) is the difference between the two nominees in the AA's INCOMPLETE count.

OP
OP
Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
President of the supreme election court declared Imamoglu the winner! I am L O V I N G the meltdowns happening at the pro government news shows.

We have, Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Adana, Antalya and much more.

Also, fun fact: FOX TV is the most liberal and trusted news source in Turkey.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
President of the supreme election court declared Imamoglu the winner! I am L O V I N G the meltdowns happening at the pro government news shows.

We have, Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Adana, Antalya and much more.

Also, fun fact: FOX TV is the most liberal and trusted news source in Turkey.

That's great to hear, is there any updated pictures to show the change in support from 2014?

OP
OP
Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
That's great to hear, is there any updated pictures to show the change in support from 2014?

2014:
3kfjcs.jpg

2019:
26rk1f.jpg

Note that "BAĞIMSIZ" means independent, and BDP=HDP

İstanbul - 15M - AKP - CHP
Ankara - 5.5M - AKP - CHP
İzmir - 4.3M - CHP - CHP
Bursa - 2.9M - AKP - AKP
Antalya - 2.4M - AKP - CHP
Adana - 2.2M - AKP - CHP
Konya - 2.2M - AKP - AKP