• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah! Fuck YOU Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana!

We have a pretty low violent crime rate and WV's mountains are gorgeous at least. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
So Alabama is hands down the worst state?

And before I get jumped on by Bama fans I have some right to call you out since I've spent almost my entire life next door in Mississippi.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Florida baby!! Let's go!

wait do we really have the third best education system? uhhhh.. I'm scared to see what public schools in other states are like then.

edit: I dug a little deeper, apparently Florida is #1 in higher education (I'm guessing only counting state schools?) but #27 in K-12.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas and Missouri are right in the middle, just like I expected. Middle of the map, middle of the list.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I checked to see why Colorado got hammered on natural environment.

It's because of air pollution and yep, that's accurate as fuck. Still a lot of people driving cars around here plus the mountains trap all the emissions in the foothills and valleys along the Front Range, where like 70 percent of the state lives.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused, how Kansas is ranked 8th in natural environment.

kansas-sunflowers-at-sunset-catherine-sherman.jpg

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. You can be as big as texas or as small as rhode island, you have your metorpolis' and you have your sticks.
Yep. Washington may be #1 thanks to places like Seattle, but with the rural areas electing someone like Matt Shea, it really shows the divide between "nice place to live" and fucking "real life American Horror Story".

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colorado at 8 for infrastructure is a crazy indictment of the rest of the country.

Denver particularly is a disaster right now. The streets were covered in ice for a week because of a lack of plows, RTD is cancelling random trains without notifications because of a driver shortage, traffic is suffocating most local travel.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado at 8 for infrastructure is a crazy indictment of the rest of the country.

Denver particularly is a disaster right now. The streets were covered in ice for a week because of a lack of plows, RTD is cancelling random trains without notifications because of a driver shortage, traffic is suffocating most local travel.

Also accurate. My city did not plow the bridge leading over the creek by where I live, but plowed both roundabouts feeding into it.

I worked from home until the snow melted enough.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yep. Washington may be #1 thanks to places like Seattle, but with the rural areas electing someone like Matt Shea, it really shows the divide between "nice place to live" and fucking "real life American Horror Story".

God, Matt Shea.

He's going to be the cause of a lot of deaths.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
In the 2019 governor's race, the RGA and Rispone campaign would often highlight Louisiana's #50 ranking as one of the reasons the state's Democratic governor had to go. A failure of leadership and not, you know, years of Republican majority rule dragging the state into the pit.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We were there over Thanksgiving and 25 towards the Springs was still pretty awful almost three days later.

We then flew back east and got hit with the remnants of the same system. lol

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a joke that Wisconsin is somehow ranked 6th in opportunity and 11th overall. Whatever data they feed into these lists is broken if that's what they come up with. There are zero opportunities here outside of Madison/Milwaukee for minorities

And of course 30 is way too high for infrastructure

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California at 19....sounds about right.

Also how the FUCK is Utah listed as number 49 for "Natural Environment" when it's one of the most gorgeous places on the face of the earth.

This listing is wack.

I work with a lot of conservationist. Utah has a terrible track record as of late - air quality included.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kansas at 22. 6 spots higher than Missouri. Suck it, nerds.

edit: Wait, 8 for natural environment? What the fuck?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Seattle I get, but how does Denver not have plows?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As expected Tennessee is ranked #1 for fiscal responsibility.

Must be some kind of mistake