• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Riiiight.

That video of him praising Fidel in the middle of a debate? (fuck Jorge Ramos btw)

Those "erotic rape poems" CNN tried to bring up?

None of that worked, and unless they have something new, I don't see much "oppo" stuff coming out.

There was that lady on twitter combing through 20 years of Vermont Public Access TV to try to find something, anything damning and every video she posted just made him seem cooler.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Riiiight.

That video of him praising Fidel in the middle of a debate? (fuck Jorge Ramos btw)

Those "erotic rape poems" CNN tried to bring up?

None of that worked, and unless they have something new, I don't see much "oppo" stuff coming out.

If you guys really believe that's the worse stuff out there, you're in for a ride.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

I mean I doubt Hillary didn't drop oppo out of fear. It's just that someone who runs sketchy international foundation that takes money from hostile foreign governments and was married to Bill Clinton and everything that comes with him couldn't exactly expect people to care about whatever Bernie's wife's college thing amounted to.

She didn't attack him because she herself, had so many scandals and didn't want to open any can of worms and tried to run the primary out and run out the clock

Jan 15, 2019
Because he's not going to bring anybody like me to the voting booths. He's not inspiring at all except to a specific niche of faux-woke white bros
Bernie isn't my first or even second choice this time around, but of all the people sharing that bernie is running on my timeline, none of them have been white guys. Anecdotal, I know, but your take just doesn't comport with reality.

I wouldn't call these other particular friends of mine faux-woke, but two white guys who were big Bernie fans last time around in an arguably bernie-bro way are actually really into Andrew Yang this time around.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Bernie isn't my first or even second choice this time around, but of all the people sharing that bernie is running on my timeline, none of them have been white guys. Anecdotal, I know, but your take just doesn't comport with reality.

I wouldn't call these other particular friends of mine faux-woke, but two white guys who were big Bernie fans last time around in an arguably bernie-bro way are actually really into Andrew Yang this time around.

do they call themselves the yang gang?

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA

"Comport with reality?" I'm not a poli sci major. I'm not hung up on theoreticals because this isn't a chess game where you just have good policies and pretend nothing else matters. Bernie's reputation at large is being an out of touch dotard and a sore loser. The only people voting for him are people who were already going to vote and are only voting on specific policies. Because he's not inspiring to people who don't have their nose in politics all the time. At all.

I don't have a single friend who's excited for him to run. No one on social media, nobody at work, none of the girls I live with. Bernie comes across as stubborn old man and that's not very flattering in the current climate.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
"Comport with reality?" I'm not a poli sci major. I'm not hung up on theoreticals because this isn't a chess game where you just have good policies and pretend nothing else matters. Bernie's reputation at large is being an out of touch dotard and a sore loser. The only people voting for him are people who were already going to vote and are only voting on specific policies. Because he's not inspiring to people who don't have their nose in politics all the time. At all.

I don't have a single friend who's excited for him to run. No one on social media, nobody at work, none of the girls I live with. Bernie comes across as stubborn old man and that's not very flattering in the current climate.
Well what if i told you hes popular with pocs and people in general and that white people hate him cause that what polls show.

Jan 15, 2019

I think that reputation is mostly among us Extremely Online types. As far as I can tell, average 20-30 somethings are still pretty excited about Bernie, regardless of their race/gender. And that makes sense since he won a majority of 20-30 somethings in 2016 too. Obviously they might be pulled away over the course of the primary, but it goes without saying that Bernie would not be polling in 1st out of announced candidates if his support was limited to white guy bernie bros when that's not a meaningful enough chunk of the democratic electorate.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well what if i told you hes popular with pocs and people in general and that white people hate him cause that what polls show.
I'd tell you using general population numbers that simply reflect partisan biases within those cohorts (POCs are mostly D, White people are mostly R) and that in an intra-Dem primary those numbers are virtually irrelevant as most of the people running will be popular with POCs and Dems, and that I'd call it deliberate trolling because you've been around the discussions enough to know this.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Biden the candidate that everyone could get behind?

I like Biden as a person, but he's too old guard.

If he were to jump in, I think he'd actually have a shot, as the progressive side would be pretty split. I don't think he'd be a terrible president or general candidate, but I don't see him changing anything.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
I'd tell you using general population numbers that simply reflect partisan biases within those cohorts (POCs are mostly D, White people are mostly R) and that in an intra-Dem primary those numbers are virtually irrelevant as most of the people running will be popular with POCs and Dems, and that I'd call it deliberate trolling because you've been around the discussions enough to know this.
The poster implied people they interact with at large have a negative perception of Bernie, this general perception isnt reflected in polls.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Biden the candidate that everyone could get behind?

Christ no. His record is right of Hillary Clinton's and she was panned as a centrist 4 years ago. Biden is enjoying high name recognition, personal charisma, and his long, close proximity with Obama, in a time when many Dem voters are looking back to Obama's presidency with fondness. Once it comes time to talk policy Biden will alienate much of the primary voter base. He has a long, bad record and lining up with Obama's positions is center-right in today's Democratic Party.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
It would be great if Biden runs and ok if he wins. The polls are strongest for him winning against Trump. If that is a persons primary concern.
Biden's a reliable candidate with experience and understanding of the executive who would more than likely sign any progressive bills that make their way through the House.

Last edited:

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of you are underestimating Biden's ability to win the primary. All he needs to do is put up a front of being Obama's wingman and shrug off attacks.

If Biden ends up winning I'll just take solace in the fact that, hey, at least he beats Trump by the highest margin which means more of a dem senate, which means more bills can actually pass. And it also means Schultz won't be running when he has a very real possibility of handing Trump a second term.

There are all sorts of reasons why I don't actually want Biden to win, but it's not like I'd be getting what I want out of a candidate if he didn't. I'd just be getting something I dislike less.

Status
Not open for further replies.