• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I think we can all agree that Tulsi Gabbard will be the next president of the united states. That much is abundantly clear. The real question is who will her VP be?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The better thing to point out re: Tulsi is that if she didn't have a problem condemning Duke, why not condemn Russian support the same way instead of lashing out at Dems and NBC.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
The question I have is, which one of our democratic leaders is going to address Fosta/Sesta and try to repeal it? Which one of these candidates is going to stand up for sex workers rights? Which one, if any of these candidates is sex positive? For as progressive as some of these politicians are, finding one that gives a damn about sex workers right is next to impossible.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The question I have is, which one of our democratic leaders is going to address Fosta/Sesta and try to repeal it? Which one of these candidates is going to stand up for sex workers rights? Which one, if any of these candidates is sex positive? For as progressive as some of these politicians are, finding one that gives a damn about sex workers right is next to impossible.

None of them. Everyone in the Senate supported it, and Kamala co-sponsored it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To get to that conversation you need to get to the point where you're talking about legalization first.

Without that, the legitimate trafficking issues they were targeting leave sex workers an externality they're not particularly concerned with.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
That's just sad guys. Sex workers right seems like the last frontier in this country. No matter how progressive someone is, they can still have shit opinions on sexual expression and sex workers rights. My wife studies this very closely and its just sad to see we're chasms away from addressing this stuff properly.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
That's just sad guys. Sex workers right seems like the last frontier in this country. No matter how progressive someone is, they can still have shit opinions on sexual expression and sex workers rights. My wife studies this very closely and its just sad to see we're chasms away from addressing this stuff properly.
That also applies to trans and enby people in a way

we can either support a dem candidate that will very little for us or the republican candidate will marginalize us and exclude us even more

and no, no democratic candidate does enough for gender non-conforming people.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sex workers are not a politically powerful constituency and nobody wants to have to defend themselves from attacks that they favor human trafficking. Explaining why SESTA/FOSTA is bad is not a task that any of the candidates want and none of them are skilled enough to pull it off.

Jan 15, 2019
To get to that conversation you need to get to the point where you're talking about legalization first.

Without that, the legitimate trafficking issues they were targeting leave sex workers an externality they're not particularly concerned with.
I'd say this sounds about right. I'd be surprised if even 10% of democratic voters list sex workers' rights as even a top 5 issue. There just isn't national traction for progressing on that issue.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like a job for known Person of Means, Howard Shultz.
Welcome to Starbutts™, may I take your order?

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fronaldholden%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F03%2FDesktop30-1200x720.jpg

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope she explains further how she'd expand protecting civil rights as a matter of national security when she is President.

Going after white supremacist terror groups as part of the campaign platform would be an unexpected but pleasant surprise that actually leverages her background to make it a positive.

Jan 15, 2019
Going after white supremacist terror groups as part of the campaign platform would be an unexpected but pleasant surprise that actually leverages her background to make it a positive.
Yeah, I'm curious to see if this is just some one-off tweet or if the idea of treating white supremacist organizations and other hate groups as terrorist organizations will actually be a significant part of her campaign because, as you said, that's an area where she can leverage her past to her advantage.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Good, Warren needs to stay in her extremely safe MA Senate seat for the rest of her life, that's where she can have the most positive influence.

Come up with more good ideas like the CFPB.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
We already knew she has a long term delusion of being an American Indian. I don't know that it was ever done in malice or to gain an edge. It's more embarrassment really, and she doesn't do so well with her own gaffes.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
The dirty laundry of everyone running will be aired from now until November 2020. Bernie has plenty to show for as well and I hope he leaves the race as soon as possible.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Warren is done. This even conflicts with her explanation of the Harvard application, that video she did, etc... that it was because of her "background",

She was literally going around claiming to be an actual Native American Indian.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I feel like Warren's only way out is owning up to it and repudiating it. Has she done that yet? That's her only chance to make it. Even then, she's been doubling down for so long that she's pretty dead in the water I think already.

Status
Not open for further replies.