• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Dem establishment voters tend to come out more than those on the left. Remember Bernie brought out a lot of new voters who usually don't come out and vote. How many of those do you think would vote for Harris compared to Warren in the general?
If by establishment voters you mean black voters, and particularly black women, the substantial bloc that carries Dems, then the first black woman to have a serious shot at President is going to be more meaningful to turnout than whatever fringe Jill Steiners that the first American Indian white woman from Massachusetts will bring into the fold.

Jan 15, 2019
exactly, I think for this primary you're going to get someone to enthusiastically vote for regardless of who your first option is
Agreed. Like, wanting Bernie and ending up with Kamala is a much easier pill for leftists to swallow than wanting Bernie and ending up with Hillary, or wanting Kucinich and ending up with Obama. I think concern of people on the left sitting out the election because their first choice doesn't get the nom is way overblown this time around. Unless the nom goes to Biden or Klobuchar somehow, there are a lot of good options for people left of the average Democrat.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm all for criticism of Harris' prosecutorial past but isn't Loesch part of the gun lobby?

All is good.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked that a Second Amendment advocate is angry that Harris is taking a stance against it.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Agreed. Like, wanting Bernie and ending up with Kamala is a much easier pill for leftists to swallow than wanting Bernie and ending up with Hillary, or wanting Kucinich and ending up with Obama.
Depends of how much she supports single-payer and the green new deal on the general.

(Not talking about me talking about left and far-left people btw)

Last edited:

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Depends of how much she supports single-payer and the green new deal on the general.

It's the general, vote for whoever the nominee is.

you realize that both Warren and Bernie will fully support Harris if she's the nom right?

Warren, yes. Bernie, unless he has changed tactics to be more flexible and supportive, will drag the whole thing out to the end to make sure his endorsement is leverage against the nominee and the DNC for concessions than do the bare minimum to get his voters to join Team Nominee when they give in.

Last edited:

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the general, vote for whoever the nominee is.

Warren, yes. Bernie, unless he has changed tactics to be more flexible and supportive, will drag the whole thing out to the end to make sure his endorsement is leverage against the nominee and the DNC for concessions than do the bare minimum to get his voters to join Team Nominee when they give in.

Edit: I misread your post nvm.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The fact that Erin Burnett even had Amy Kremer from Women for Trump on at all is gross. But they just glossed over her LYING and saying that the Clinton campaign started the Obama birtherism nonsense.

No, call her out on the fucking lie.

It's Erin Burnett. Don't get your hopes up for her doing anything substantial. She's no Rachel Maddow.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

https://thinkprogress.org/harris-record-weed-history-ce37afd239ce/

Harris first announced her support for legalizing marijuana just last year, long after her home state and several others around the country legalized its use. In a book released last month, she called for legalizing and regulating the drug, as well as expunging nonviolent marijuana-related offenses "from the records of millions of people who have been arrested and incarcerated so they can get on with their lives."

Harris's pivot comes amidst increased scrutiny of her prosecutorial record. In addition to her earlier comments about weed, Harris has a complicated prosecutorial history with sex work, school truancy, and wrongful convictions.

Her marijuana advocacy seems very insincere to me. It's good that she is finally on the right side of history with this issue but she had a lot of power as DA and AG to help shape policy.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kamala Harris really didn't have to lie about listening to highschool sophomores 2pac Shakur and Snoop Dogg while she was in college. Why can't politicians just be normal?

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure it's really a lie. I mean, we're talking about music from almost 30 years ago. Putting together a timetable of when I actually listened to music would be insane.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Politicians are expected to lie, but damn... just be you. I hope Warren's handling of the Native American debacle hasn't killed her chances, because I actually believe her when she discusses her policy goals.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I think it's because she flat out can't say " fuck yeah, I used to smoke up to Makaveli back at the office after winning trials. I'm glad Jimmy Henchmen eventually got his!". "College" is always the safe answer for weed, any use afterwards and the general public sideeyes you.

If Kamala name drops Daz and Kurupt then she moves up in the ranks for me.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Mysteriously, the only people who will be consistently labelled "insincere" in this primary will all be women.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I think it's because she flat out can't say " fuck yeah, I used to smoke up to Makaveli back at the office after winning trials. I'm glad Jimmy Henchmen eventually got his!". "College" is always the safe answer for weed, any use afterwards and the general public sideeyes you.

If Kamala name drops Daz and Kurupt then she moves up in the ranks for me.
This is probably the right takeaway.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh no! kamala may have smoked pots and listened to music past the national grace period known as "college"

quick let's all cancel her for this egregious, egregious gaffe

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
In her world, gun violence is violence committed against a gun.
WHAT ABOUT GUN ON GUN CRIME
Guns don't kill guns, guns do.

YoungAmbitiousEasternglasslizard-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Morning Consult Poll is really good news for Bernie. Only 7 points behind Biden with both Warren and Beto's voters having him as his #1 preference if they don't run (Warren me thinks will continue to diminish and Beto won't run).

He might be stronger than I thought. All it takes now is to see if Biden deflates if the Obama-halo isn't as strong on him.

Obviously there's still Super Tuesday.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please remove this racist-ass Warren nonsense from this topic's headline already?

So cringey.

Status
Not open for further replies.