• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, he did. Hillary did, Bernie didn't. He certainly didn't show respect for the decorum side of the primaries, which is why many of his followers bought into the myth he had a shot at winning after March.
I have zero idea what youre talking about and I never even voted for Bernie lol

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
So prominent Dem figures, including Chelsea Clinton, go after Ilhan Omar in a not-so-subtle attempt to silence her on Israel. Some rando woman yells at Chelsea Clinton and now Bernie has to distant himself from that?

To be clear, I haven't even seen the video because it appears to be taken down.

Yeah, he did. Hillary did, Bernie didn't. He certainly didn't show respect for the decorum side of the primaries, which is why many of his followers bought into the myth he had a shot at winning after March.
The '16 primary was fucking softball compared to the rhetoric from the Clinton campaign in '08.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
So prominent Dem figures, including Chelsea Clinton, go after Ilhan Omar in a not-so-subtle attempt to silence her on Israel. Some rando woman yells at Chelsea Clinton and now Bernie has to distant himself from that?

To be clear, I haven't even seen the video because it appears to be taken down.

Chelsea Clinton isn't a politician or running for office.

The '16 primary was fucking softball compared to the rhetoric from the Clinton campaign in '08.

I disagree.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

His path to the nomination was cut off around March, as custom in elections like that it is then when candidates dropout of the race. Bernie didn't do that. There's more, he and the DNC did not get along.

But they have influenced you on how you perceived his performance in '16.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
so i'm confused

did a resident threadshitter really try to snark-equate beto's tax returns not having been released in like 24 hours of campaign to bernie's not having been released in, literally, 470 days?

dunno how much of it was him and how much of it was the infinite feedback loop of the especially-dipshit diehards (because for SOME REASON my social media circles were CHOCK FUCKING FULL of them), but March 15 basically mathematically eliminated him in terms of the popular vote and everyone was still saying shit like "HERE'S HOW HE CAN STILL WIN" and "SUPERDELEGATES ARE RIGGING IT"

Mar 9, 2018
Unless there's some other video out there, that video confrontation of Chelsea Clinton is mild as heck.

In fact, I kind of see where the person yelling at her is coming from, even if I wouldn't draw such a direct relationship between Chelsea's comments and the terrorism at NZ.

I can understand their frustration, especially after the Democratic party mobilized to throw Ilhan Omar under the bus in defense of a disgusting relationship with an apartheid state.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you really want to do that after all the bullshit the Bernie Bros did in '16? Bernie's rep can't afford a repeat, or looking like he doesn't care about his followers attacking people. This is politics, everything is possible to affect the campaign. Accountability isn't just for liberals and centrists.
Yeah, because "what the Bernie Bros did in '16" has largely taken on a mytho-poetic quality where people who spent too much time on the internet back then thought it was some kind of titanic struggle between leviathans when it was just a small corner of the uber-internet crowd, and that the Bernie-Trump conversion rate was a mere 12% in the end. If you're predicting such thin margins for whoever goes up against Trump next where 12% of a single primary contender's voting base could tip it, in a wide primary like this one, maybe pick a better candidate, like not the next Hillary Clinton.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the crazy person who harrased Chelsea Clinton is a Bernie 2020 backer?

We call out Trump for people in MAGA hats acting like this. Same standard should apply.

Bernie needs to call her out and disown her and her behavior.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The dig up random tweets of supporters of "X" saying stupid shit game doesn't really help much of anything tbh.

so i'm confused

did a resident threadshitter really try to snark-equate beto's tax returns not having been released in like 24 hours of campaign to bernie's not having been released in, literally, 470 days?
If you're talking about Pigeon, I'm 90% certain they're snarking in the opposite direction that you're thinking. Scratch that, the lack of punctuation brings it up to 95%.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the point of fixating on twitter randos. Bernie can't possibly reach out to every whackjob that does something shitty on twitter.

This isn't like a media organization with close ties to Bernie openly doxxing someone because that someone asked a tough question.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This place is going to be an absolute nightmare when Bernie wins the nomination.
It's going to be a nightmare only if he keeps up Trump like tactics like having a sketchy as hell charity that seemed to only exist to funnel money to his son and wife like we found out today.

He keeps it above board and stops this shady shit and he will be fine.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the point of fixating on twitter randos. Bernie can't possibly reach out to every whackjob that does something shitty on twitter.

This isn't like a media organization with close ties to Bernie openly doxxing someone because that someone asked a tough question.
It's not just a twitter rando. There are tens of thousands of those.

This is one of his 2020 supporters in a Bernie 2020 shirt attacking a pregnant former first child for no reason whatsoever in public.

Attacking a former first child in public in a Bernie 2020 shirt takes this way beyond "twitter rando"

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Yeah, because "what the Bernie Bros did in '16" has largely taken on a mytho-poetic quality where people who spent too much time on the internet back then thought it was some kind of titanic struggle between leviathans when it was just a small corner of the uber-internet crowd, and that the Bernie-Trump conversion rate was a mere 12% in the end. If you're predicting such thin margins for whoever goes up against Trump next where 12% of a single primary contender's voting base could tip it, in a wide primary like this one, maybe pick a better candidate, like not the next Hillary Clinton.

In this very thread, weeks or months ago, we've had Bernie followers contorts themselves into a narrative that the Bernie Bros were a myth or conspiracy theory floated by the "establishment" media to hurt Bernie and complained about that being bought up as an insult due to how damaging it was to them. Bernie Bros had an immense affect on his base, to this day. And it wasn't simply online, all the major news networks and publications covered it.

Forget Trump, Bernie needs to win the primaries first. Which requires building coalitions, which is going to be difficult to do when Bernie's viewed as being ok with his followers harassing people.

We picked the best candidate available, Bernie wasn't going to win that. Maybe things are different now, but back then, nope.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Not excusable for that individual, of course not. Is it a reflection of his followers? We will see in time.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Long-form interview with Buttigieg:

He had great answers to just about everything, and the questions were pretty good, too.

Buttigieg is in my eyes is probably the best President we could hope for in 2020. He is impressive is so so many ways with no weaknesses that I can see. The real flaw he has is just how little attention he is getting. God I hope he is the dark horse candidate.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I guess Bernie giving an email to not attack people like that is not enough for some of you anti-Bernie folks. The hackery is strong.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Do you really want to do that after all the bullshit the Bernie Bros did in '16? Bernie's rep can't afford a repeat, or looking like he doesn't care about his followers attacking people. This is politics, everything is possible to affect the campaign. Accountability isn't just for liberals and centrists.
Can we stop relitigating 2016 please I'm begging yall.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I guess Bernie giving an email to not attack people like that is not enough for some of you anti-Bernie folks. The hackery is strong.

Bernie's condemnations are weak AF. He needs to be better at this. He's running for POTUS, not student council president.

Maybe you can leave the Bernie strategizing to the Bernie supporters instead of trying to tell us what's good for us.

What did you disagree with?

Can we stop relitigating 2016 please I'm begging yall.

It's impossible not to when he's running.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Chelsea Clinton is a grown ass woman, who gives a shit if some rando says something stupid to her. She can fend for herself.

Eugh, you made me defend a dumbass bernie sibling, thanks, now I feel dirty.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chelsea Clinton is a grown ass woman, who gives a shit if some rando says something stupid to her. She can fend for herself.
It is the exact Bernie Bro behavior we saw in 2016 that Bernie promised to work to put a stop to. If someone is attacking Chelsea Clinton at a vigil for a mass shooting in a Bernie 2020 shirt that's a sign we are falling right back into the 2016 nosense all over again.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie's condemnations are weak AF. He needs to be better at this. He's running for POTUS, not student council president.

What did you disagree with?

It's impossible not to when he's running.
But at least do it when it's relevant, it derails every discussion.

Also seems now the girl who confronted Chelsea is getting harassed so hopefully she tells people to cut that out.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
When daughter a former President is *attacked* by one of his supporters in a Bernie 2020 t-shirt you don't think that is such an extreme it warrants addressing?
Bernie has made it clear from day 1 that he doesn't want his supporters doing that. Attacking him over not controlling 1 random individual is crazy. If it was some extremely hateful and violent display, sure I think he should condemn it. I don't think this is one of those cases.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
It is the exact Bernie Bro behavior we saw in 2016 that Bernie promised to work to put a stop to. If someone is attacking Chelsea Clinton at a vigil for a mass shooting in a Bernie 2020 shirt that's a sign we are falling right back into the 2016 nosense all over again.

Bernie doesn't have to answer for every crazy person that supports him. This person has no affiliation to the campaign and is just a standard whack job.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bernie has made it clear from day 1 that he doesn't want his supporters doing that. Attacking him over not controlling 1 random individual is crazy. If it was some extremely hateful and violent display, sure I think he should condemn it. I don't think this is one of those cases.
I saw the video, was there more or something? I didn't see her mention anything about Bernie to Chelsea. Was she defending his honor or something?

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know he can't control her but if someone does something as extreme as attack a former presidents kid in public I think that warrants addressing.

Random twitter trolls he obviously will never be able to control and can't control I just think when one of his supporters wearing 2020 Bernie gear harrases the daughter of a President at a vigil it meets that standard of needing to be addressed.

I saw the video, was there more or something? I didn't see her mention anything about Bernie to Chelsea. Was she defending his honor or something?
She was wearing a Bernie 2020 shirt as she was harassing Chelsea.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
The lady didn't even do anything wrong. She was chastising Chelsea for contributing to the islamophobia by falsely criticizing Ilhan Omar.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Chelsea Clinton isn't a politician or running for office.
Neither is some random woman on Twitter. Yet Chelsea Clinton has a lot more influence then her and was backed up by some dumbasses in the Dem party. And she has a lot more power, as witnessed by the mob out for Omar.

There were some pretty low blows in 2008. Some people, yes even Democrats, were pretty scared of a black guy who may be muslim or something.

It's not just a twitter rando. There are tens of thousands of those.

This is one of his 2020 supporters in a Bernie 2020 shirt attacking a pregnant former first child for no reason whatsoever in public.

Attacking a former first child in public in a Bernie 2020 shirt takes this way beyond "twitter rando"
"Pregnant former first child". This is so ridiculous.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit tasteless to leverage the Chelsea Clinton "harassment" at a time when emotions are running high. You'd think some people would have a bit of understanding...

It really makes me question some of the people here.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just think when one of his supporters wearing 2020 Bernie gear harrases the daughter of a President at a vigil it meets that standard of needing to be addressed.
And people accuse the left of applying purity tests, lmao.

I am not going to be posting anti Bernie, Kamala, Booker, etc threads because going scorched earth lobbing attacks at Dems is just helping Trump.

Campaign should be focused on the ONLY thing that matters. Defeating Trump. No in-fighting and giving the Republicans material to use against whoever wins. I want a campaign focused on the candidates explaining and showcasing why they are the best candidate to be able to face and beat Trump.

We have a fucking racist sexist ego-manic in the white house who is locking children in concentration camps.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

less

Oct 25, 2017
I know he can't control her but if someone does something as extreme as attack a former presidents kid in public I think that warrants addressing.

Extreme? Bruh, most people here would be cheering if someone "attacked" Trump's children like this lady did.

Maybe it would be nice if Sanders made a strong condemnation about this made but I'm not going to hold it against him if he doesn't. He should not be expected to apologize for every crazy person's actions provided that they are in some way connected to him.

This sort of stuff is absurd.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017

1. A vigil for victims of a mass shooting is not the place to start yelling at Chelsea

2. she blamed Chelsea for the shooting which is just fucking insane.
Dude, 49 people died. This is a fresh wound that is added to years and years of islamophobia. People are understandably mad. Chelsea can handle it.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
This is one of his 2020 supporters in a Bernie 2020 shirt attacking a pregnant former first child

When daughter a former President is *attacked*

I mean hell, someone in a Bernie 2020 T-shirt just attacked a former presidents daughter.

If someone is attacking Chelsea Clinton

attack a former presidents kid

It's a 30 second video of a WOC calling her out on islamaphobic comments she was making as recently as two weeks ago

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
So the crazy person who harrased Chelsea Clinton is a Bernie 2020 backer?

We call out Trump for people in MAGA hats acting like this. Same standard should apply.

Bernie needs to call her out and disown her and her behavior.

Your incessant anti-bernie rhetoric never fails to amaze. You are almost as bad as the Republicans with the hit pieces. He already told his supporters not to harass people. He isn't going to police them frequently. You need to get a grip.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't imagine it would ever be possible for Bernie fans like this wackjob to stoop this low to attack Chelsea Clinton at a vigil AND have people try to defend her awful behavior. This is already worse behavior than 2016. It's depressing.
Christchurch is depressing.

This is nothing, absolutely nothing at all.

I'm so sorry a white woman got her feelings hurt by a Bernie supporter but it's not the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.