• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have a favorite, so I just hope we have a spirited vetting process that gives us a battle-tested candidate to run against the Republican nominee. That said, I'll vote for any Democrat in the general, even a potato.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Biden, he's been inching closer and closer to getting that presidential exploratory committee together. While simultaneously imploding in the media every chance he can get away with.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

tenor.gif

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I was looking forward to reading pigeon's write-up on Jill Stein because there's a wealth of material there. But doh, I forgot that she's part of the Green Party.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
To be honest, I was looking forward to reading pigeon's write-up on Jill Stein because there's a wealth of material there. But doh, I forgot that she's part of the Green Party.

I'm sure she'll support Trump or Pence or whoever makes it to 2020 in the general, so we just have to wait. That is unless she did something that makes Mueller want to put her behind bars.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RICHARD OJEDA
120px-MAJ_Richard_Ojeda.jpg

Also Known As: The Most Liberal Man in West Virginia
Currently: West Virginia State Senator from the 7th district
Accomplishments: Took a lot of credit for the teacher's strike in West Virginia. Didn't lose by nearly as much as Democrats usually lose by in West Virginia when he ran for the House.
Policy Focus: What if Democrats were more like Republicans?
Strengths: Popular with the military due to being shaped approximately like a bullet.
Weaknesses: Voted for Donald Trump in 2016. I mean, cmon.

Primary Status: Has filed FEC papers and officially begun his candidacy for president.

Nice.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like the only reason anyone wants Beto is because so far he's the only hopeful that caused slight excitement in a recent race.

Just doesn't feel like he's the one to win it.

Hoping more candidates show up.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to throw my eggs in one basket too early on who I want, I like (and have a few concerns) about several potential candidates.

If it ends up being Diamond Joe or Bernie though...please please choose Harris as your running mate and pledge one term.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My top 2 are Beto and Kamala. I favor Beto because I think he is the strongest general election option of anyone likely to run.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Beto and Bernie. I think Beto is going to end up running and with a good campaign might actually defeat trump.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
broadly speaking i'm okay with most of the shortlisters. will be another year before i can conceive of backing a horse

unless the party nominates a serious clunker it's ultimately america's decision whether it wants to un-derpify itself or not

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Beto Calf Cramper. Laughed so hard I forgot the grocery list I was making.

I don't want him to win. I would probably go Harris.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
Robert weakness:
  • Billionaire father-in-law
  • Charter school administrator wife
  • "A March O'Rourke profile in the Dallas Morning News said the candidate's father, the late Pat O'Rourke, who was elected El Paso's county judge, "once explained why he nicknamed his son Beto: Nicknames are common in Mexico and along the border, and if he ever ran for office in El Paso, the odds of being elected in this mostly Mexican-American city were far greater with a name like Beto than Robert Francis O'Rourke. It was also a way," the story said, "to distinguish him from his maternal grandfather, Robert Williams.""
    https://www.statesman.com/news/2018...ed-and-robert-orourke-by-beto?template=ampart

Last edited:

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I would say Beto has the best shot at taking Trump out of office but man would it be amazing if Harris beat him, considering she is a POC woman

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't
"A March O'Rourke profile in the Dallas Morning News said the candidate's father, the late Pat O'Rourke, who was elected El Paso's county judge, "once explained why he nicknamed his son Beto: Nicknames are common in Mexico and along the border, and if he ever ran for office in El Paso, the odds of being elected in this mostly Mexican-American city were far greater with a name like Beto than Robert Francis O'Rourke. It was also a way," the story said, "to distinguish him from his maternal grandfather, Robert Williams.""
https://www.statesman.com/news/2018...ed-and-robert-orourke-by-beto?template=ampart

How is this a con against Beto?

Oct 26, 2017
Harris or O'Rourke pls
Not sure if Beto would make a good VP seeing how it's more of an advising role, but the other way around could work

I could only really see him being VP for Biden if he is only seeking one term. Could serve as a launchpad for Beto 2024 if successful. Also, make Biden's nickname Diamond Joe please

Last edited:

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Robert weakness:
Billionaire father-in-law
Charter school administrator wife
"A March O'Rourke profile in the Dallas Morning News said the candidate's father, the late Pat O'Rourke, who was elected El Paso's county judge, "once explained why he nicknamed his son Beto: Nicknames are common in Mexico and along the border, and if he ever ran for office in El Paso, the odds of being elected in this mostly Mexican-American city were far greater with a name like Beto than Robert Francis O'Rourke. It was also a way," the story said, "to distinguish him from his maternal grandfather, Robert Williams.""
giphy.gif

Better throw him in the eliminated list, OP.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Robert weakness:
Billionaire father-in-law
Charter school administrator wife

I think he should retire his candidacy before this scandal blows up
/s

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Too early for me to put all my support behind someone but a Harris/Beto 2020 ticket would be a dream.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harris, Sanders, Brown, or Warren for me, maybe Inslee. I'll grin and bear it for just about anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.