• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
marianne-williamson-we-need-less-posturing-and-more-genuine-quote-on-storemypic-c949c.png

Marianne Williamson said:
We need less posturing and more genuine charisma. Charisma was originally a religious term, meaning "or the spirit" or "inspired". It's about letting God's light shine through us. It's about a sparkle in people that money can't buy. It's an invisible energy with visible effects. To let go, to just love, is not to fade into the wallpaper. Quite the contrary, it's when we truly become bright we're letting our own light shine.

Last edited:

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beto will be a 1 term president. He's going to get caught making someone's calves cramp and Republicans will faux outrage him out of office.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you won't be bringing any big dick energy or even dragon energy for this?

I won't vote for a candidate who doesn't release their tax returns in the primary. So yes, he damn well better. He claims he will soon. We will see.

But Bernie fans who are perfectly fine with Bernie saying "soon" for 5 years straight using it as a talking point. Is....is odd.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
So you won't be bringing any big dick energy or even dragon energy for this?

I hope he plays Repeal the Patriot Act. One of the most underrated hits of the Obama campaign. Sucks that he never performed it after 2008 but I guess some bands hate doing certain songs. Radiohead won't play Creep anymore.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Who wants another Obama... that guy only has a 95% popularity rating among Democrats.

I want the same energy you gave to Bernie

Days since Beto announced and didn't release his full tax returns: 0.5 maybe?

Days since Bernie announced he was running in 2016 and didn't release his full tax returns: A LOT

Last edited:

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama kinda distorted people's view of charisma to where people only associate charisma with "handsome + eloquent". Bernie is charismatic. Trump is charismatic. If neither of these men were, then they wouldn't have such fiercely loyal supporters.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know very well the standard is not 1 year of returns. 10 year tax returns or fuck off. No one should settle for a candidate who refuses to do that.

So... one year. Is that the standard for what is acceptable? So Beto releases his 2018 tax returns and we're all good?
1 year has never ever been the acceptable. No modern nominee has gotten away with only 1 year or less, outside of Trump.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Obama kinda distorted people's view of charisma to where people only associate charisma with "handsome + eloquent". Bernie is charismatic. Trump is charismatic. If neither of these men were, then they wouldn't have such fiercely loyal supporters.
Yeah, people have their own idea of charisma and then see if someone fulfills those categories before calling them "charismatic", when charisma is the capability to attract fervent followers, which both Bernie and Trump possesses.

Charisma is not universal, there is no single charisma that works for everyone.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Bernie is not charismatic. People like him because of his decades-old stance on issues + him talking about policy 24/7.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie is not charismatic. People like him because of his decades-old stance on issues + him talking about policy 24/7.
Bernie voter's second choice is Biden. When you look at polls, people support names of policy but support breaks down when the details are laid out. It ain't policy that gets Bernie's base moving, I know it makes people feel better to think so, though. It isn't policy that gets anyone's base moving. It was a common strain among the Hillary camp that she'd be more popular if her support didn't rely on policy positions! But, reality was, her "popularity" was more about appearance of competence/experience, Obama halo, + Trump being her opponent than anything.

Deleted member 10224

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can already see Bernie releasing 5 yrs of tax returns and saying the last 5 is going to take a while and then he'll just move on and never release them lol

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dude jokes about moving the goalpost and you immediately do just that
If you think asking for more than 1 year of tax return is "moving the goalposts" you have no clue what you are talking about.

Trump released only 1 year and he was attacked for it endlessly. 1 year has never ever been deemed acceptable. So what goalposts have been moved exactly?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's an assumption that people didn't know that Bernie released 1 year of returns. Trump also has 1 year of returns out, should we stop asking for his returns?

i mean if he met BERNIE'S standard then everything's just fine and dandy and wanting anything more is just, like, moving the goalposts or something

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's an assumption that people didn't know that Bernie released 1 year of returns. Trump also has 1 year of returns out, should we stop asking for his returns?
Everyone knows of the 1 year return of both, the point is 1 year has NEVER been acceptable. Both candidates were attacked in 2016.

Want to know what moving goalposts looks like? kambaybolongo pretending like 1 year of tax returns is now considered acceptable,

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you think asking for more than 1 year of tax return is "moving the goalposts" you have no clue what you are talking about.

Trump released only 1 year and he was attacked for it endlessly. 1 year has never ever been deemed acceptable. So what goalposts have been moved exactly?
Technically Trump leaked that one year of returns to bait Maddow rather than released them, but still.

Oct 27, 2017
Could we go one day without generalizing all people who support certain candidates as a monolithic group?

"I disagree with this person so therefore I must be rude to them and generalize everyone that supports what they do at the same time." That's straight up weak ass discourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.