• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These people are Americans and are free to hold on to their own opinions, have their voice heard and equally be represented in Congress, even if it stands against what many people on here believe. It's beyond condescending to discount people from rural locations.

I may not agree with them, but I will show them the respect they deserve as citizens.
There are lines that can be crossed. US citizenship doesn't mean people have to forever respect other people who can't even do the bare minimum of treating other citizens as basic human beings.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
These people are Americans and are free to hold on to their own opinions, have their voice heard and equally be represented in Congress, even if it stands against what many people on here believe. It's beyond condescending to discount people from rural locations.

I may not agree with them, but I will show them the respect they deserve as citizens.
I mean, I don't respect that we have a political system where they are overrepresented at the expense of my voice tbh.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll respect them with one vote per person and not one vote per square mile or whatever the ratio is.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
love bernie calling out the hypocrisy in the "how are we gonna pay for it???" question only being asked for things that would benefit the majority of americans meanwhile trump farts on a piece of paper and no cares about the details all of a sudden

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Has Bernie Sanders explained why he still isn't a registered Democrat? He's still listed as an independent, but caucuses with Dems and runs in their primaries. So weird how he has such a hold over the party, but still doesn't identify as one.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

Meh, I grew up among rural people and they deserve the condescension. They think they are more real than people who live in cities. They disdain them even, just because they live in a city and don't lead the same life. They think they are morally superior, even though they are no better than the average person.

I have zero respect for the people of the town I grew up.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
There are lines that can be crossed. US citizenship doesn't mean people have to forever respect other people who can't even do the bare minimum of treating other citizens as basic human beings.
But it does entitle them to have the ability to have their voice heard and be represented in government and the direction of this country.

The focus should be how can we can engage them and potentially change their ideology and views rather than say they shouldn't count. It's not easy, it's not fun, trust me, I have no interest in associating with bigoted, hateful individuals. But I am not going to discount them nor am I going to stoop to their level of ignorance. That's all I'm saying.

There is too much goddamn in-fighting in this country already.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
But it does entitle them to have the ability to have their voice heard and be represented in government and the direction of this country.

The focus should be how can we can engage them and potentially change their ideology and views rather than say they shouldn't count. It's not easy, it's not fun, trust me, I have no interest in associating with bigoted, hateful individuals. But I am not going to discount them nor am I going to stoop to their level of ignorance. That's all I'm saying.

Oh lord.

The infighting is from them.

Why focus on racists who support 2 years of trump and 8 years of bush when we can just focus on non voters or unreliable voters.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie is doing well so far, pretty typical Bernie. He stumbled on two questions so far I think - his unnecessary defensiveness when he was asked about the sexual harassment issue and the tax return question. But he did commit to stronger training and protocols and also to releasing his taxes.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Losing respect for the worst of this country isn't asking for them to have their citizenship revoked. They're allowed to be blamed.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'd feel for them if they didn't consistently let me down all of the time

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also you're ignoring the fact that their vote in the presidential elections and senate are worth more than like 10 times that of someone in ny or california

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
For almost 3 decades republicans have only won a single popular vote for presidential elections yet they've won 3 times out of the 7

Lol

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a sickening, nasty post
*whistles* One of these things is not like the other *whistles*

kTv1GkDT1KEBYgwzZaUocqcjYiDp27JcwcgsunBrg7Xfg0jkOGNF8PlG90_xFlXnl9632Q9vTKanEBeJAvp0V2luqcmC3V_C9mveoHCePxjuT6ZlNLjnRQod4OtZ0jE_PwcdHUY

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If that's nasty just wait til you hear who they support!
"they" as if "they" are a collective who deserve universal condemnation is sickening
I've lived in the south. With rare exceptions anything outside of urban areas deserves the bad rap.
yeah i've lived in the deep south my entire life and in the rural deep south my entire life and was born here. there are many reactionaries and unpleasant people (and there are many reactionaries and unpleasant people who live in cities and suburbs) but smearing everyone who lives in rural areas and painting them all with the same brush as if they're all a monolith is disgusting

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Chapo is ok.

I'm suprised though that i found their book being sold in a national bookstore chain here in the Philippines, at a time when Duterte is tagging lefty types as terrorists.
I think chapo is great when they make fun of Ben Shapiro, Crowder, etc, but pretty mediocre otherwise. Not a fan of their shtick of hating everything. Sam Seder is basically a smarter show and more fair to liberals.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty decent town hall so far or at least the bit that I have seen is. Bernie is strongest when he talks about economic issues. Did like his answer on intervention in Venezuela.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"they" as if "they" are a collective who deserve universal condemnation is sickening

yeah i've lived in the deep south my entire life and in the rural deep south my entire life and was born here. there are many reactionaries and unpleasant people (and there are many reactionaries and unpleasant people who live in cities and suburbs) but smearing everyone who lives in rural areas and painting them all with the same brush as if they're all a monolith is disgusting
I think it's pretty clear that it's not all rural people ever

OP
OP
pigeon

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Has Bernie Sanders explained why he still isn't a registered Democrat? He's still listed as an independent, but caucuses with Dems and runs in their primaries. So weird how he has such a hold over the party, but still doesn't identify as one.

The party literally endorses him every time he runs

Status
Not open for further replies.