• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Chapo Trap House and anyone who supports their rich entitled white privileged attitudes.

"If you don't pick Bernie fuck you, I am okay with Trump winning for the greater good" bullshit after 2016 is insane.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Chapo Trap House and anyone who supports their rich entitled white privileged attitudes.

"If you don't pick Bernie fuck you, I am okay with Trump winning for the greater good" bullshit after 2016 is insane.

So, pick my guy or hope accelerationism works?
I starkly remember this take from 2016, and yet here we are.

Oct 27, 2017

Why do I have a feeling Bernie Bros are going to be back in full force this election cycle? Ugh...

Also with Joe Biden entering, non-white male candidates, you had a good run

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
This hits the nail on the head. Message board/social media makes you think there are Democrats who were disappointed in Obama or didn't think he was progressive enough.

In reality, that base of people is completely meaningless to the party and is just loud online.

A guy my dad knows who voted for Trump and doesn't like him (I believe he's a "independent" republican) said unsolicited, I'd vote for that guy. Meaning Beto. Never mentioned one ounce of care for any other of the candidates at this point. Obviously this is just one guy but I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people like him.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'm... not actually shocked. Now where are all the people who said "Oh-ho he must've raised shit because he didn't report it the day after a horrible mass shooting!". Rolling my eyes.

Im straight up shocked. I cant believe people care about this fake ass stuffed suit but I guess the numbers dont lie.
Voters are very surface level, don't make any mistake about that. It's why I have serious doubts that Biden will stumble like some think he will.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, throw money at Beto instead! To be clear, I think Chapo (well, their fanbase really, I've never actually listened to them) is pretty terrible. But we should also be pointing out that rich, entitled Beto fleecing poor kids out of their money for his vanity run at the most lucrative job in the world is gross.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, throw money at Beto instead! To be clear, I think Chapo (well, their fanbase really, I've never actually listened to them) is pretty terrible. But we should also be pointing out that rich, entitled Beto fleecing poor kids out of their money for his vanity run at the most lucrative job in the world is gross.
I hate that Beto ran. But this take... Like, what is Bernie if not rich and entitled?

Would you rather "rich entitled beto" take nothing but pac money to avoid fleecing poor kids?

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supporting Beto is not at all comparable to "If you don't pick Bernie I hope Trump wins because fuck you for not picking Bernie"

Oh and Bernie is rich and entitled too. Pretty much everyone running fits that description. How else would you describe someone with enough money to create charity organization just to pay their son 100k a year?

Also instead of "poor kids"...should he take PAC money instead?

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Looks like Beto's got this in the bag. Ticks all the boxes, just need the establishment on board and you got a trump beater.

Oct 28, 2017
A guy my dad knows who voted for Trump and doesn't like him (I believe he's a "independent" republican) said unsolicited, I'd vote for that guy. Meaning Beto. Never mentioned one ounce of care for any other of the candidates at this point. Obviously this is just one guy but I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people like him.

I've definitely heard this from multiple people. Beto is very likeable even to some Republicans if they bother to find out what he's about. Which is why the far left strongly dislikes him.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People feeling inspired to contribute to Beto's campaign are not being fleeced.
Being fleeced is what Jill Stein did taking money from people for a figmentive recount fund.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Bernie continued to campaign and collect donations from people long after it was possible to win, by tricking them into thinking he actually had a chance.

I don't think Beto is running out of vanity. I think he actually wants this, he's certainly putting in the work he needs to put in to win.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that Beto ran. But this take... Like, what is Bernie if not rich and entitled?

Would you rather "rich entitled beto" take nothing but pac money to avoid fleecing poor kids?
I'd rather him finance his own campaign, which he'd be perfectly capable of doing. In general, I don't think anyone should be donating money to these candidates, any of them, especially if you're a college kid with negative net worth.

Bernie continued to campaign and collect donations from people long after it was possible to win, by tricking them into thinking he actually had a chance.

Yeah, I thought that was dumb and gross as well.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather him finance his own campaign, which he'd be perfectly capable of doing. In general, I don't think anyone should be donating money to these candidates, any of them, especially if you're a college kid with negative net worth.

I think you're severely overestimating Beto's wealth.

Has Biden officially announced yet or still deciding?

He's had slip ups where he all but said he was running. Think he's just waiting out the clock to keep focus off of him.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But we should also be pointing out that rich, entitled Beto fleecing poor kids out of their money for his vanity run at the most lucrative job in the world is gross.

I don't think it makes that much sense to go after people for being "rich" "entitled" "fleecing" or "vanity runs" considering how secretive your preferred candidate has been about finances and the situation around what looks to have been a grifting operation, the Sanders Institute.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I dont like Beto but he seems like an easy path to the white house.

Atractive white cis guy? Its worked for the democrats before.

But I would have very little hope when it comes to his presidency, especially after the 2022 wave that destroys any dem majorities.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont like Beto but he seems like an easy path to the white house.

Atractive white cis guy? Its worked for the democrats before.

But I would have very little hope when it comes to his presidency, especially after the 2022 wave that destroys any dem majorities.
You just got me excited thinking about the first trans candidate. I wonder how far out we are from that moment?

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ughhh...Beto's fundraising numbers are upsetting to me, especially when the amount of donors hasn't been revealed.

I mean whoever takes the nomination I'm voting anyway, but Beto is giving me the sort of "safe choice" feeling that Hillary did; luckily Beto doesn't appear to have as much baggage as Hillary does so even though I find him a weak and uninspiring candidate, he should fare better in the GE than Hillarly.

Maybe it's time to donate to a few other candidates running.

Oct 25, 2017

Look at all this white privilege.

Reminder this guy told people to kill themselves after the Blue Wave in November

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it makes that much sense to go after people for being "rich" "entitled" "fleecing" or "vanity runs" considering how secretive your preferred candidate has been about finances and the situation around what looks to have been a grifting operation, the Sanders Institute.
I want them all to get dragged for their shitty pasts. That includes Bernie.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Bernie though so all of his flaws are ignored like grifting college kids to donate to his presidential campaign all the way to the democratic convention in 2016, despite having no chance to win for months before that or taking vanity trips to Italy for his family and him on donator's dime.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
You just got me excited thinking about the first trans candidate. I wonder how far out we are from that moment?
Thats a legitimately good question.

Having a trans representative/senator would be first on the checklist I think. Also, I would probably jump with joy if that happened, it would be an incredible moment. The US has already had some gay/bi congresspeople so it will happen sooner or later.

God, thinking about a trans president brings me close to tears, that just be a life-defining moment for many people.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Bernie though so all of his flaws are ignored like grifting college kids to donate to his presidential campaign all the way to the democratic convention in 2016, despite having no chance to win for months before that or taking vanity trips to Italy for his family and him on donator's dime.
I literally just said what he did was dumb and gross. Like I also said, college kids should really not be donating to any campaign. Unless they are trust-fund babies, in which case I'm perfectly happy seeing their money burn.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats a legitimately good question.

Having a trans representative/senator would be first on the checklist I think. Also, I would probably jump with joy if that happened, it would be an incredible moment. The US has already had some gay/bi congresspeople so it will happen sooner or later.

God, thinking about a trans president brings me close to tears, that just be a life-defining moment for many people.
It's crazy to think how far back the US is on representation. Ireland has a gay PM (and they weren't the first I don't think?), so many countries have had women leaders... I'm really hoping we can break the cycle of cis, straight men as leaders here. I was hoping for a woman this cycle but I'm not sure how likely that's looking anymore.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This is something we need to work on from day 1 to prevent from happening.

There will be new House maps so the playing field should be more even. The Senate map is also pretty good for us, only a handful of vulnerable Democrats (really only Hassan in New Hampshire but also wouldn't discount Cortez-Masto in Nevada) and we even have a few opportunities to play offense (Pennsylvania, probably open seats in Iowa, North Carolina and Wisconsin, also think we should run serious campaigns in Florida and Georgia).

If Democrats take 2022 as seriously as Trump supporters took 2018, we can minimize our House losses and maybe even gain in the Senate. There are more of us than there are of them.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Yes lets elect someone who is almost 80!!! For the most stressful job in the world. Jesus.
Why not? Sanders made the decision to run. This age thing is a talking point the mass media came up with as a way to discourage Democrat viewers to vote someone else. I hear it all the time from those type of people on twitter. There are far more important things to critique someone for. Meanwhile, another stressful job is Pelosi's job. However, I heard no such thing from that same crowd about her age.

Wonder why.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, pick my guy or hope accelerationism works?
I starkly remember this take from 2016, and yet here we are.
No one was really expecting accelerationism from a Hillary presidency :-P

But yeah, even as someone who likes Sanders, I didn't support the "get out the way" attitude of Hillary supporters then and I still don't like it now even if Bernie is the current frontrunner (minus Biden announcing). Like Bernie said, it's a free country and anyone can run.

Now, whether some candidates should run is another question entirely and separate from whether or not there's a clear frontrunner.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why not? Sanders made the decision to run. This age thing is a talking point the mass media came up with as a way to discourage Democrat viewers to vote someone else. I hear it all the time from those type of people on twitter. There are far more important things to critique someone for. Meanwhile, another stressful job is Pelosi's job. However, I heard no such thing from that same crowd about her age.

Wonder why.
Hey, I've criticized Pelosi for not having a successor at her age.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wonder why.
House is a 2 year job and she is widely expected to retire in 2022 by most accounts. President is ideally a 8 year job.

Status
Not open for further replies.