• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Criticizing someone for dismissing multiple accusations of abuse is not misogyny. It doesn't matter if you're a husband, wife, sister, brother, whatever.

Are you saying this is a sexist thing to do? Call someone out for dismissing allegations of sexual assault?

Because fuck that.

Wait, are you talking about Bill? Or Hillary's campaign staffer?

less

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. I thought that Sirota Hiring was bad but he was basically working for Bernie the whole time? Yeah, fuck you Bernie.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

ABC News
ABC
"When are we going to get an actual policy from you, instead of just platitudes and nice stories?" Beto O'Rourke is asked.

O'Rourke discusses health care, education, criminal justice reform: "I'm trying to describe not just the goal...but the path that we will take to get there"

I mean, it's more specific than most of the answers I've seen him give up to this point.

multi-payer, decriminalize marijuana, expunge records of those arrested for it, and universal pre-k.

It was specific. Couple of my thoughts:
  • Beto should put up detailed policies on a website
  • I think the Sirota's of the Bernie camp will ignore it, and make up shit about Beto and support it with butchered, out of context quotes or cherry picked data

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This question is pointless simply because there is no answer he could give that would prevent "HE HAS NO POLICIES UNLIKE ____ (my candidate)" being their eternal go to talking point for the next 18 months. It's not about policies, and it's not about wanting an answer.
Yeah people said the exact same thing about Hillary, whether Sanders supporters or Trump supporters (and the overlap between those two).

It's a cheap talking point reserved exclusively for people you don't like. Of fucking course Beto has policies. In fact nothing he said in that clip is particularly new.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Beto or Kamala did this I would swear them off immediately. This is blatant corruption from the top of the campaign.

Inexcusable.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
She did dismiss them and their accusations, but she did that as a wife wanting to believe her husband, which is a vantage point neither you nor I have.

In general, I try to avoid talking about Bill's shit through the lens of Hillary; because love and marriage is tricky, and who knows why she chose to believe him and who knows why she stayed. Besides, a lot of this commentary has the implication of trying to tie Hillary in as a knowing accomplice and encourager of Bill's behavior (and not a victim in her own right), and that I find to be...well, pretty fucking gross.

There are plenty of roads to take to legitimately criticize Hillary Clinton without resorting to that old, well-worn, misogynistic one.

This is selective outrage and dismissing it as misogyny is disingenuous. What she did is part of the package. Is what she did to accusers or how she protected her adviser worse? If you want move on, change topics and move on.

Mar 9, 2018
I believe Broaddrick. I didn't learn about her until the end of the campaign (I was young in the 90s) when another credibly accused rapist, Donald Trump, tried to use her story to deflect from his own accusations.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...a-broaddrick-wants-to-be-believed#.cvXJMeDyax
https://www.vox.com/2016/1/6/10722580/bill-clinton-juanita-broaddrick

And I think it is valid and important to hold enablers like Hillary Clinton accountable. And her marriage or her love for rapist Bill Clinton doesn't stop her from being that, an enabler. I am still sickened from 2016 when we had to choose which rapist to put in the White House. The non-nazi rapist was the correct choice, but that it was a choice at all makes me mad.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish I had a clear favorite candidate so that I'd know which campaign to try intern for this summer.

Lmao, anyone wanna tell me who to support?
Bernie, Buttigieg, Warren (she'll probably flame out though)

Maybe Beto.

Bernie's probably good if you want to get involved with DSA-type people since that's his support base.

Buttigieg could use the help and I think he's going to be big in the future, you could get your foot in the door so to speak.

Warren is like Bernie but more "proper".

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being called a misogynist for holding someone accountable for dismissing multiple allegations of sexual assault. Because.. wow.

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
New CNN poll was released:

Joe Biden: 28%
Bernie Sanders: 20%
Kamala Harris: 12%
Beto O'Rourke: 11%
Elizabeth Warren: 6%

Every other candidate is polling below John Kerry so... probably not worth typing up their numbers.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/politics/cnn-poll-2020-harris-surge-deep-enthusiasm/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_latest+(RSS:+CNN+-+Most+Recent)
Real talk if I had to name any one person to be president today (independent of anything related to campaigns, downticket trends etc, simply the person who'd be the best at the day-to-day job of being president) I'd pick Kerry.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And we should have chosen bernie? Well the people spoke and they didnt want him. Unfortunately many of his supporters refused to get behind the candidate who was the only person between Trump and the White House. Truly unfortunate that a good amount of his supporters preferred a third party candidate who didnt have a chance or Trump himself.

Bernie's supporters supported Hillary more frequently than Hillary's supporters supported Obama in 2008.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care. I don't have a burning hatred of Sirota like the rest of you, but if it seems prudent to sack him Bernie should.
That has nothing do with why this article is showing corruption in the campaign. The article isnt "hey Sirota is bad". It's clear you didnt even look at the tweet....come on man.

It is about the fact Sirota was hired by the campaign and wrote speeches and the campaign kept it secret the entire time so he could continue to write articles for websites trashing the other candidates.

And they only announced it today because The Atlantic figured it out.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
New CNN poll was released:

Joe Biden: 28%
Bernie Sanders: 20%
Kamala Harris: 12%
Beto O'Rourke: 11%
Elizabeth Warren: 6%

Every other candidate is polling below John Kerry so... probably not worth typing up their numbers.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/politics/cnn-poll-2020-harris-surge-deep-enthusiasm/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/cnn_latest+(RSS:+CNN+-+Most+Recent)

I thought the John Kerry thing was a joke but he's literally in the poll lol

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So now I hope people understand the ire with Sirota. He's on some shady shit. They announce his role because people started digging and he nukes his tweets to boot.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
The article explains it pretty damn well and why it shows severe corruption on the part of Bernie himself and the campaign. Maybe read about it instead of dismissing it?

I aint dismissing anything, I just dont feel well informed enough to engage people about it who are gonna know more. Thus Im not engaging with the discussion.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Again, I'd vote for any of the candidates in the general, but a huge reason why I favor Beto over Bernie is that Beto has humility. He plays clean. When he talks to people, he is cordial and honest. He has the ability to convey his point of view to middle America on things like NFL players kneeling without coming off as a dick to them or hurting their feelings. That's the kind of temperament that gets independents and the silent Republicans that are disgusted with Trump to vote Democrat. Hiring propaganda writers that fling shit that isn't even true does the opposite. You don't win over undecided voters with that mentality. Beto's personality is exactly what a lot of people want right now in Trump's America. They want a presidential president.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That has nothing do with why this article is showing corruption in the campaign. The article isnt "hey Sirota is bad". It's clear you didnt even look at the tweet....come on man.

It is about the fact Sirota was hired by the campaign and wrote speeches and the campaign kept it secret the entire time so he could continue to write articles for websites trashing the other candidates.

And they only announced it today because The Atlantic figured it out.

Whoop de freaking doo. Wake me up when people are taking about the unethical policies endemic to capitalism.

Jan 15, 2019
Real talk if I had to name any one person to be president today (independent of anything related to campaigns, downticket trends etc, simply the person who'd be the best at the day-to-day job of being president) I'd pick Kerry.
He's fine if a bit boring, but I was moreso making the point that they're polling behind someone who I believe has already declined to run.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I aint dismissing anything, I just dont feel well informed enough to engage people about it who are gonna know more. Thus Im not engaging with the discussion.
You can be informed by reading the article. You don't want to know about what amounts to corruption from within the campaign you are supporting. Lying to the press?

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoop de freaking doo. Wake me up when people are taking about the unethical policies endemic to capitalism.
I am sure you'd have the exact same reaction if it was Kamala hiring people and lying to the press about it and keeping it secret and allowing the hire to pretend to be a journalist for months to attack her political enemies from within the press.

Same exact reaction.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
John Kerry is back boys, next stop, Dean

tenor.gif

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Bernie saying they would remain above board and not go negative was a lie. We can all agree on this now. Is anyone willing to deny this?

He hired Sirota MONTHS ago. Kept it secret and lied to press about it. Let him pretend to be a journalist and go scorched earth on Kamala and Beto for the campaign on the campaigns payroll.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am sure you'd have the exact same reaction if it was Kamala hiring people and lying to the press about it and keeping it secret and allowing the hire to pretend to be a journalist for months to attack her political enemies from within the press.

Same exact reaction.
Yes because my opinion of Harris is based on who she hires and not her history of being part of that institution of minority oppression colloquially referred to as "the cops", as well as her authoritative and punitive attitude towards law enforcement.

You know stuff that actually hurts people.

Status
Not open for further replies.