• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In my eyes he's not gonna release them unless he actually wins the primaries. Unless the NJ law is for primaries too I'm not sure.
If it gets to that point, and I'm finding it likely, he'd probably pull a Trump who also kept saying soon but shifted to "after the primary" and then "after the election" and now never.

That's the only real thing I can think of that would hurt him. So what if he's rich? Pretty much all politicians are and I wouldn't hold that against him.
No, that's the most likely thing, not the only thing that could hurt him. The Sander's institute taking in a bunch of money and doing nothing with it also raises some red flags.

In either case, it's insane to think that he doesn't at least have the last few years of tax returns at the ready, considering he's probably had his eyes on 2020 since 2016. It's actually insane to think that he didn't have 10 years in 2016 considering he's a career politician.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
If it gets to that point, and I'm finding it likely, he'd probably pull a Trump who also kept saying soon but shifted to "after the primary" and then "after the election" and now never.

No, that's the most likely thing, not the only thing that could hurt him. The Sander's institute taking in a bunch of money and doing nothing with it also raises some red flags.

In either case, it's insane to think that he doesn't at least have the last few years of tax returns at the ready, considering he's probably had his eyes on 2020 since 2016. It's actually insane to think that he didn't have 10 years in 2016 considering he's a career politician.

I actually haven't been paying too much attention to that, but yeah - that could be a huge issue too.

(For most of us, at least. I not sure there's much that will dissuade Bernie's supporters at this point.)

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at it New Jersey requires the 5 most recent years. So he could release 2014-2019. He already has 2014, at least.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden being the only 2020 candidate that voted yes on invading Iraq is gonna be something that the rest of the field will pounce on. Especially if the stunt with Abrams is real.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I'm just amazed at the energy and stamina Beto has. He's wasting no time with the retail politics and he's making sure he's permanently in the news feed.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden being the only 2020 candidate that voted yes on invading Iraq is gonna be something that the rest of the field will pounce on. Especially if the stunt with Abrams is real.
He can't escape the weight of the war hanging on his shoulders. That and the crime bill will be an albatross around his neck once the primary actually starts.

Plus I'm 100% sure he gets outed as a serial sexual predator within like, two months.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
He can't escape the weight of the war hanging on his shoulders. That and the crime bill will be an albatross around his neck once the primary actually starts.

Plus I'm 100% sure he gets outed as a serial sexual predator within like, two months.

Can we not accuse people of being serial sexual predators unless there is evidence of such? (And no, out-of-context pictures from extremely public swearing-in ceremonies is not evidence.)

Go nuts on Biden's record, though.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm just amazed at the energy and stamina Beto has. He's wasting no time with the retail politics and he's making sure he's permanently in the news feed.
This is far and away his biggest asset.

Imagine him as a GE candidate. He's going to be doing like 6,000 events a day. He won't even need to just camp out in FL/OH/PA the way we're used to candidates doing, he could probably visit all 50 states as the nominee if he wanted to.

We saw what he could do in Texas last year, now imagine replicating that across the entire country.

I didn't want to pick a favorite this early, but it's him.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Can we not accuse people of being serial sexual predators unless there is evidence of such? (And no, out-of-context pictures from extremely public swearing-in ceremonies is not evidence.)

Go nuts on Biden's record, though.
Not to say he's done anything more than what's in those pictures, but the actual video of him creeping on women is worse. The pictures don't accurately depict him using his power to be creepy.

intheflorsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You see, when black people talk about "reparations" they are actually talking about "repair" and "repair" actually just means "continuing the conversation about history".

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even an answer lol. It's a long winded way of saying "no comment at this time".

I mean, the ability to come across as meaningful and earnest without promising any concrete proposals (which, to be fair, is something he shouldn't be doing anyway without a lot more listening / conversation) is a hell of a political ability. That's why it's a good answer. It's a really smooth politician answer.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I am living for Beto's style of campaigning right now. Don't know how he does or continue to do it, but I think it could bring a hell of a lot of people to his camp.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

You see, when black people talk about "reparations" they are actually talking about "repair" and "repair" actually just means "continuing the conversation about history".

Yeah seriously. It's worse than a lot of people know, the south during the reconstruction era would just lock up black people and make them work effectively as slaves. Petty drug crimes continue to this day.

intheflorsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And for the record I think the "race neutral" programs Warren and Bernie talk about when reparations are brought up are totally insufficient ways to address the literal centuries of generational wealth that has been robbed from black families before and after slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.