• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you support the release of Chelsea Manning you support Russia. She was granted immunity for her testimony, agreed, and then went into the grand jury and stonewalled them. She deserves to stay in jail until she talks. I also have my doubts this account actually belongs to Mike Gravel and it isn't just some troll online
get out with that imperialist garbage

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
I can look past politicians paying lip service to the token "moderate" Republican to get elected. If they start budding up with loonies or people like Ted Cruz I'll raise an eye brow. Beto is already pretty much disqualified for me for endorsing a Republican.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can look past politicians paying lip service to the token "moderate" Republican to get elected. If they start budding up with loonies or people like Ted Cruz I'll raise an eye brow. Beto is already pretty much disqualified for me for endorsing a Republican.
He never endorsed a republican.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I would rather they just not say anything regarding McCain. Stop normalizing warmongers killing thousands of brown people. I was a bit peeved Bernie did that.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

I'm surprised to see Austin respond to politics here.

So the only not openly pro-McCain candidate is Gravel, right?

I'll just quote my own tweet response

ok i'm not saying mccain was great

but if this is one of those things that say, bernie supporters lord over his opponents while excusing or ignoring him doing the exact same thing (ie crime bill) i'm going to lose my fucking mind and vote beto out of spite

- 16 bernie voter

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Bernie voters are the most critical of their favored politician. We're the ones who called out Bernie for the McCain comment.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh looks a little empty for me. Like 200-300 people perhaps. Unimpressive.
Not sure if you're joking or not but assuming you aren't...

I'm not a Beto fan (not even a little) but everybody starts somewhere. His campaign may or may not pick up more steam going forward, but personally I think it's petty to compare his crowd size at this point against anyone else. I mean maybe against Harris, but other than that we have people like Biden and Sanders etc that are pretty well known while Beto at this point doesn't have that same recognition yet.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just quote my own tweet response
yeah a lot of Bernie supporters were upset that he had nice things to say about Bush and McCain. Like the amount of people that wanted Bernie to criticize George Bush the day he died is pretty amazing. to the point of being ridiculous, honestly. so... I guess you're just not following the right people if you missed those takes.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Evans himself says he's not judging the Sirota of today on this. It was a shitty thing of Sirota to do when he did it TWENTY years ago.
Please keep attacking Sirota though, as if it's going to have any effect on, or means anything for Bernie Sanders.

thank goodness sanders fans never criticize his opponents for stuff they did twenty years ago

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would any Democratic candidate NOT call for it to be made public? This is a pretty low bar as far as litmus tests go.
LOL yeah if it was a litmus test that's about as low as it could go. I was more just trying to put the news out there that the investigation is over and ALL OF THEM should be calling for it's release. I'd certainly expect they will.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
So you're disqualifying a candidate based on misinformation that you read via a tweet.
What tweet? I remembered him helping a republican incumbent win over a historic candidate in a tight race and it turns out it wasn't because he endorsed the candidate but because he abstained due to a false sense of bipartisanship, still bad just not as bad.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Going by the time line Sirota would be 23 meaning he should have known better by then to race bait regardless of pressures he may have recieved. That tactic is way too common in politics and I hope he truly has changed, but I'll with hold judgement for a while given the earlier hatchet job. Seems everyone's gunning for him.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

"I deeply regret being involved in this whole incident," David Sirota, Sanders' senior communications adviser, told POLITICO. "I am absolutely ashamed that it happened, and I have felt genuinely terrible about this for 20 years. Even though I was a junior political staffer, I should have known better, and I certainly do today."
At the time, Sirota denied any "direct involvement," according to media reports.
This makes it appear he's only claiming remorse because he's caught and in the spotlight.

Some political observers told POLITICO the fake website played a role in cratering the mayoral aspirations of Evans, who had been polling in the middle of the pack before news of the bogus site hit the front pages of local papers. He ultimately finished last in the five-person primary.
Brutal.

It looks like he was working for Sanders in a senior position around that time.
According to Sirota's LinkedIn page, he worked as Sanders' communications director from 1999 to 2001, when the Vermont politician was in the U.S. House.

Deleted member 10224

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sirota is yet another beautiful example of why Sanders will eventually implode. There was no reason to hire him. Any rational candidate would make a quick cost-benefit analysis and figure out in about 2min that this was going to be a shit show. He's not there because he's going to be his speech writer, he's there because Bernie and Jane like him and want him on the team. If i had to bet, I would bet this was mostly Jane's idea. If you go on her twitter she retweets a lot of his stuff and even tweeted support at him when he got criticized for his Beto articles. This tells me that either people around Bernie aren't giving him good advice, or they are and he's flat out ignoring it. I think Jane has a lot of power in his campaign and I think she's going to destroy his campaign. Like someone else said, I think Jane actually did do his a lot of his taxes and that scares the shit out of me. She's in Bernie's ear 24/7, giving him advice... That's... Horrifying.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

Abrams is weighing her options.
A shortened path to the presidency vs a tough Senate battle.

Schumer met with Beto about the same thing.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Bernie voters are the most critical of their favored politician.

giphy.gif

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Stacey has time to be in the Oval Office. The Senate is something that Dems need urgently.

I really hope she makes the right choice and resists the siren call.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
yeah a lot of Bernie supporters were upset that he had nice things to say about Bush and McCain. Like the amount of people that wanted Bernie to criticize George Bush the day he died is pretty amazing. to the point of being ridiculous, honestly. so... I guess you're just not following the right people if you missed those takes.
I think the distinction is with a lot of the Bernie criticisms it's along the lines of "well I'm disappointed by what he said" but then with any other candidate you get this "HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS" shit.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Evans himself says he's not judging the Sirota of today on this. It was a shitty thing of Sirota to do when he did it TWENTY years ago.
Please keep attacking Sirota though, as if it's going to have any effect on, or means anything for Bernie Sanders.

Of course it does, Bernie's the man at the he'd of his campaign and what his staff do reflects on him. Obama fired some of his own campaign staff for less. The base may not care, but its going to be more difficult building a coalition with people who do down the road.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It's true. Don't confuse us defending him and wanting more from other candidates as having an inability to criticize him. His supporters criticized him over his Venezuela comments if you remember that.

Are you kidding? More of the time it's just circling the wagons against any and all criticism from outside your circle. But you disagreed with him on something once so it's all equal now. lol

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Are you kidding? More of the time it's just circling the wagons against any and all criticism from outside your circle. But you disagreed with him on something once so it's all equal now. lol
It's kind of hard to disagree with him on issues, I'll admit. How is that our fault? Maybe if I supported Biden I could pass the standard you want from supporters as then I could disagree with him more often.

edit: I actually disagree with Bernie on the free college bit. Think I agreed with Yang in regards to UBI to channel people into non-university things like vocational school or starting a business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.