• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sanders will have a hard time competing against Biden. He's already down 20 points (45 to 25) in a comparison favorable poll for 2020. While I do think his 2016 momentum will carry over, it will be an inside-party-scuffle between Sanders and Warren in the same fashion it was Sanders v. Clinton. Biden and Beto will collide but there's enough moderate similarities between them that centrist dems would feel comfortable with either candidate. The older votes are going to drive Biden up in the polls, though — especially when conducted via land lines.

I don't think Warren is likely to gain much more than she already has. I think it's going to be a 4 way brawl between Biden, Bernie, Beto, and Harris.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't think Warren is likely to gain much more than she already has. I think it's going to be a 4 way brawl between Biden, Bernie, Beto, and Harris.
Me too which is unfortunate because Warren seems like the nicest person in politics and has great policies to back it up.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Trump refers to Beto as "Beto O'Dork" on Twitter before the year is up or I'll buy everyone who quotes this a large one-topping pizza of their choice (carryout only).

I'm just here in the hopes for free pizza. Setting a calendar alert for Jan 1 2020.

Hey future me! How's it going? Anything changed in the last nine months? How was Shadows Die Twice?

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone

that is the unfortunate part. if there were any woman in the lineup, Id much prefer Warren to Harris because KH seems like an opportunist. She maintained the status quo when she was a DA and continues to be a safety net for moderates who want any POC to lift up. For me personally, she lost my support when it came down to her history of charging parents for their child's school delinquency. As a child who went through that process due to my absences, I can't morally encourage that type of mindset.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
you're correct about that. but at the same time, we can also acknowledge the fact that Beto's start to politics is pretty inorganic based on the sole fact being his political career begun by his mere existence in a long-shot primary

Beto's political career started in 2005 when he ran for City Council and in 2012 he was elected to the House, leaving that seat to run for governor in 2018.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Barely. Starting before the midterms, when was Beto's name brought up? Virtually never.
we can also acknowledge the fact that Beto's start to politics is pretty inorganic based on the sole fact being his political career begun by his mere existence in a long-shot primary

Obviously that person is saying Beto got a national support system during his 2018 campaign... Why does that not count again?
Wait so Beto is inorganic because he was never brought up... before running for Senate in 2018? How would he have that before he created it by campaigning? He's inorganic because he didn't move the needle on a national level back when he was a Congressman from El Paso? That's the definition of organic now?

Does that make Bernie inorganic, too? How many of the Bernie supporters here were among the two dozen folks who showed up when he announced his 2016 candidacy? It looks like 90% reporters and staffers...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-amazing-to-watch-now/?utm_term=.21ff97d217db
Screen-Shot-2016-02-01-at-3.31.30-PM.png

Beto's political career started in 2005 when he ran for City Council and in 2012 he was elected to the House, leaving that seat to run for governor in 2018.

I'm so confused, does that person think Beto didn't have a political career before running for Senate?

And if so... What were you saying on the previous page?
Threads like this can be incredibly educational about civics, too.
This video was posted literally 45 minutes ago... in this thread:
saw this video in my twitter from the senate debates and it made me realize why I liked him so much back then. Obviously I wanted to see him take out Cruz but he's a great speaker. I think he could capture a lot of people given the national stage.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I honestly don't know how well Beto will do. He's doing the Obama thing of sounding progressive, but not really backing it up. He's a great speaker.

I think, in the end, he will take mostly from Biden. I feel like he'll grab mainly older people who are looking for "compromise" and for congress to "get along." Millenials are stuck on Bernie, and won't budge, IMO. Bernie's got a pretty decent floor that will stay. I'm interested to see how this primary will go. I can see a lot of different scenarios.

I'm mostly worried for the scenario where Biden wins. A lot of people seem to think he'll crash and burn. I disagree. I think a big chunk of the party doesn't care about his past. A lot of Dems are (at least a little) racist and misogynists, and will like Biden. They don't need to represent a large part. Just 25-30%.

Beto running might be good, then, if he can siphon enough votes away from Biden, to give the race to Bernie or whoever might be second.

Who knows. We are still at the very beginning. A lot can happen/change.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can Google him in the morning but in the meantime anyone have something bad to say about Buttigieg? I know next to nothing about him.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's not confusing. It's a poor excuse to mock others for not liking Beto simply because of the incrementalism he can provide with a Republican senate.
Unless I read it wrong it wasnt that. It was saying it doesnt matter if the nominee is progressive if the senate is republican anyway because nothing is getting passed

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Thread derailment and numerous accumulated infractions related to trolling and antagonizing other members

lol

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lets make fun of kids bc of their parents and insinuate their passions were bc of their parents bribes

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I thibk its felicity huffman is corrupt and supports kamala because kamala is also corrupt so it makes sense huffman would support harris

Real graaping at straws nonsense when theres actual good leftist critique out there

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Know what is a great look? Supporters of the old straight white guy mocking an innocent 16 year old girl for believing in the glass ceiling being broke and that the future is female.

Yeah. That's a really good look.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets all make fun of the innocent teenage girl for believing in the future of women breaking the glass ceiling as a way to root for an old straight white guy.

Wooo go sexism!

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Can I do a $1 donation or would that be too much of a slap in the face

Im not even in love with him like era is lol

Lmao. I imagine Pete is probably cool with any donation that gets him on the debate stage.

I can Google him in the morning but in the meantime anyone have something bad to say about Buttigieg? I know next to nothing about him.

Honestly, I've been waiting to hear something bad about him and I haven't heard anything yet. All I've heard is that he's too inexperienced because he's just a mayor or he's unelectable because he's gay.

I'd recommend watching his CNN town hall from last week. I imagine it's a good introduction to him if you aren't familiar with him yet.

Deleted member 13364

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Christ, lighten up guys. If you can't even take the absolute lightest of a joke about a candidate the next year is going to be tortuous.
And it wasn't even a joke at Kamala's expense!

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. I imagine Pete is probably cool with any donation that gets him on the debate stage.

Honestly, I've been waiting to hear something bad about him and I haven't heard anything yet. All I've heard is that he's too inexperienced because he's just a mayor or he's unelectable because he's gay.

I'd recommend watching his CNN town hall from last week. I imagine it's a good introduction to him if you aren't familiar with him yet.
OK thanks didn't even know he had a town hall.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Queenmala has the support of both cops and criminals. Truly a candidate for all the people!
😂
Why exactly is his presidential run inorganic?!
He's running solely because he was endlessly fluffed up by strategists, donors, and a favorable media. He brings nothing new to the race either in the form of ideas or his identity.

Ask yourself why this guy is being pushed so hard while people like Stacey Abrams (who more or less had her election stolen) are not even in the conversation. The establishment thinks he's the white Obama and is going to steal away Bernie votes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13364

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is totally sexist to find it funny that the person who has recently been arrested for using bribes to get her child into college has suggested that her daughter wants to get into politics.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing about it still would have been funny if it was about a son and aimed at a male candidate, so miss me with this horseshit.
Your post was blatantly sexist. You should apologize and move on.

It is totally sexist to find it funny that the person who has recently been arrested for using bribes to get her child into college has suggested that her daughter wants to get into politics.
Trying to play coy about your sexist post? Come on.

Your post was a massive dog whistle of sexism. It isn't funny. Just admit it and apologize. Sexist shit like this is why people raise their eyebrow at a lot of Bernie fans.

less

Oct 25, 2017
😂

He's running solely because he was endlessly fluffed up by strategists, donors, and a favorable media. He brings nothing new to the race either in the form of ideas or his identity.

Ask yourself why this guy is being pushed so hard while people like Stacey Abrams (who more or less had her election stolen) are not even in the conversation. The establishment thinks he's the white Obama and is going to steal away Bernie votes.

You left out the most important group of people, voters. He is running because he managed to excite Texans to come and vote for him in droves. He ultimately did not not end up winning but he did forge a national profile and believes that what he did to excite voters in Texas can be replicated in the national stage.

And what the hell is wrong with the "establishment" pushing him though it may be better to say parts of the "establishment" as I did see reports of certain people wanting him to run for Senate.

Deleted member 13364

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your post was blatantly sexist. You should apologize and move on.

Trying to play coy about your sexist post? Come on.

Your post was a massive dog whistle of sexism. It isn't funny. Just admit it and apologize. Sexist shit like this is why people raise their eyebrow at a lot of Bernie fans.
Give it a rest. This is transparent as fuck, and you and others using speculous accusations of sexism and racism against others is just disturbing.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
He did it in a way that was mocking of feminism and supporting women candidates breaking the glass ceiling. It's sexist and not funny.

i mean the person that made the tweet is a criminal and not like she's setting a good example for feminism. This is getting old, a bunch of men deciding what sexism is because you support a certain candidate. We already had to deal with this in 2016, so excuse me for not believing the concern trolling.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will just keep in mind you thinking mocking innocent teenage girls for believing in breaking the glass ceiling and that the future is female is funny.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We already had to deal with this in 2016, so excuse me for not believing the concern trolling.
We had to deal with it in 2016 because Hillary had endless sexist comments thrown at her all through out the election. Primary and general. GAF was full of sexist comments about her.

The "concern" of sexism in the 2016 was 100% justified. As the sexist comments were relentless .

I mean for example GAF was full of people complaining when someone excitedly said "yas queen" when hillary won a state which was sexist to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.