• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

1. A vigil for victims of a mass shooting is not the place to start yelling at Chelsea

2. she blamed Chelsea for the shooting which is just fucking insane.

1) Someone who used bad faith arguments against a black muslim (Saying that *All about the Benjamins* is Antisemetic) probably shouldn't go to a vigil to score morality points. She should have stayed away.

2) What Chelsea did was Islamophobic and contributed in a tiny tiny way to how Muslims are treated. She notably did not say anything when Omar was being attacked for the 9/11 connection.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cheebo, you getting angry at a Muslim American woman directly confronting someone who perpetuated Islamophobia in regards to a Black Muslim woman is really fucking gross.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Some people here see a tragedy and immediately go to how can I make this about Bernie. Y'all aint slick and again like chelsea with Omar your being uncharitable as possible to woc, her speaking out is viewed as harrassing. It's an incredibly emotional time and of course this college didn't express herself perfectly but this ain't harrasment.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't imagine it would ever be possible for Bernie fans like this wackjob to stoop this low to attack Chelsea Clinton at a vigil AND have people try to defend her awful behavior. This is already worse behavior than 2016. It's depressing.
Lol, dude. Step away from the keyboard or whatever you're drinking.

I don't even really know why anyone cares what is currently happening in irrelevant Chelsea's life and I'm a top referrer to HillaryClinton.com.

I don't really know why you Americans are trying to make a NZ tragic act of terrorism about your dumb politics one way or the other tbh, you have enough of your own shootings and white nationalists.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cheebo, you getting angry at a Muslim American woman directly confronting someone who perpetuated Islamophobia in regards to a Black Muslim woman is really fucking gross.
Chelsea did nothing to perpetuate the awful attack in Christchurch. Literally nothing. And to act like she deserved to be accused of having blame for that awful attack is insanity.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't realize the context of this WOC "viciously attacking" chelsea. I mean... we don't know if this person is muslim or not. I can imagine why she would lash out at someone that contributed to Islamophobia. That doesn't mean she speaks for Bernie because she is wearing a bernie shirt, and Bernie doesnt have to answer for it either. This is just more concern trolling from the usual suspects.

Mod Post - Keep things on topic

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread isn't about Chelsea Clinton or the protestor. Drop this line of discussion and knock off all the sniping. Keep this thread focused on news surrounding the 2020 primary.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
So those tax returns whose actually that interested in them. I'm kinda interested, but doing things like unionizing makes me not really care that much unless there's some super diabolical stuff in there.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So those tax returns whose actually that interested in them. I'm kinda interested, but doing things like unionizing makes me not really care that much unless there's some super diabolical stuff in there.
Considering the shit that's coming out about the Sander's foundation there very well could be.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I get that this thread has to stay on topic, but I feel like the elephant in the room has to be addressed. Why is it ok to make "civility" arguments when it's a person on the left being called out for Islamophobia, especially right after a tragedy? The people who are doing it are transparent as hell and nothing is being done about it. I feel like this thread can't continue without that being addressed.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the shit that's coming out about the Sander's foundation there very well could be.
Other than the son running it didn't seem that bad, but he has previous experience being an exec at Nike so makes sense. it's going on temp hiatus to avoid conflicts of interest or maybe its a mini Trump foundation.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Other than the son running it didn't seem that bad, but he has previous experience being an exec at Nike so makes sense. it's going on temp hiatus to avoid conflicts of interest or maybe its a mini Trump foundation.
It basically did nothing with the money it brought in with Sander's name and a very large portion of the money went directly to his son. Like, this is shadier than the Clinton Foundation and people were bent out of shape about that.

Meanwhile, you've got a presidential candidate running on transparency and up-ending the system who's been basically using the Trump playbook for tax returns. Like, of all people you'd think Bernie would be the first one to release his tax returns. Them being too hard for a decades long career politician to access beggars belief.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he was paying his son a 100k a year to run a charity that really wasn't doing much of any charity work. Doesn't really jell with Bernie's campaign rhetoric.

OP
OP
pigeon

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017

It's genuinely depressing to me that the lesson people took from Trump winning while refusing to release his tax returns was "tax returns don't matter lol"

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's genuinely depressing to me that the lesson people took from Trump winning while refusing to release his tax returns was "tax returns don't matter lol"
It was completely unheard of to not release 5+ (usually closer to 10) years of tax returns in 2016 before Bernie and Trump refused to release them.

We can't let it become seen as acceptable. No matter how much we may like other aspects of the candidate. It is one thing we should all be able to agree on. Don't vote for someone who doesn't give 5+ years (ideally 10) of tax returns.

Not Bernie, not Beto, not Buttigieg, and on and on.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So that's it.

Islamophobia should always be called out. You should be more sympathetic to the Muslim-American woman, though, considering current events.
I get that this thread has to stay on topic, but I feel like the elephant in the room has to be addressed. Why is it ok to make "civility" arguments when it's a person on the left being called out for Islamophobia, especially right after a tragedy? The people who are doing it are transparent as hell and nothing is being done about it. I feel like this thread can't continue without that being addressed.[/QUOTE

Edit: woops, mobile went wrong. I just wanted to mention that blaming someone for a terror attack does not equal confronting islamophobia.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
The tax return thing is confusing. unless your hiding some abhorrent shit either your afraid it's going to make you look too rich or too "poor". Which aside from a select group no one will give a shit about after a week. Hopefully all the candidates have them released at least prior to the first debate.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Hey heres a thought if you wanna reduce bigotry @ all social medias; dont give checkmarks to writers for the freedom beacon

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

I honestly think this plan has a decent chance of passing. Bernie sells it in a very palatable way.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
so i'm confused

did a resident threadshitter really try to snark-equate beto's tax returns not having been released in like 24 hours of campaign to bernie's not having been released in, literally, 470 days?

470 days?? Lol try adding almost a thousand to that number.

Bernie announced his 2016 candidacy on 4/28/2015. He never released his full tax returns despite he and his wife repeatedly saying they would do so "soon". Bernie announced his 2020 candidacy on 2/19/2019. He hasn't released his full tax returns in...

April 28, 2015 - March 15, 2019 =
1,417 days

Beto announced his 2020 candidacy on 3/14/2019. He hasn't released his full tax returns in 1.5 whole days.

Obviously any sane and rational person would realize that it doesn't make sense to compare any other 2020 candidate to Bernie. Those other candidates haven't released their tax returns in days to weeks. And actually even then some of them have, see Elizabeth Warren. But no one was harassing Bernie about this shit in June 2015 either. But it sure seems more likely that all new 2020 candidates who haven't yet released their full tax returns by say week five of their campaign will eventually do so over Bernie, because if he hasn't by day 1417 why would day 1500 be any different?

Last edited:
OP
OP
pigeon

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
470 days?? Lol try adding almost a thousand to that number.

Bernie announced his 2016 candidacy on 4/28/2015. He never released his full tax returns despite he and his wife repeatedly saying they would do so "soon". Bernie announced his 2020 candidacy on 2/19/2019. He hasn't released his full tax returns in...

April 28, 2015 - March 15, 2019 =
1,417 days

Beto announced his 2020 candidacy on 3/14/2019. He hasn't released his full tax returns in 1.5 whole days.

Bernie is literally a thousand times worse than Beto confirmed

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Bernie is literally a thousand times worse than Beto confirmed
1417 times actually

It was completely unheard of to not release 5+ (usually closer to 10) years of tax returns in 2016 before Bernie and Trump refused to release them.

Janes Sanders said they were fine with matching the Clintons' 8-10 years in this 2016 interview.

They should provide returns from 2006 - present. Even if that's more than the standard, they shouldn't be allowed to run out the clock on those earlier returns by not releasing them when they should have, and then running again four years later when those years are out of range.
Obviously Bernie is clean as a whistle (okay his unqualified son got like 1/7 of the money donated to his foundation but still) unlike Crooked Hillary so that should be no problem...

Last edited:

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
I don't think you realized that was sarcasm lol
Lol yeah that was wayyy to subtle and clever for me, it went straight over my head... you rascals sure got me there! Glad the left finally has their own army of little Ben Shapiros who think they're outsmarting the rest of us with the most simpleminded shit ever conceived...

giphy.gif

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lol yeah that was wayyy to subtle and clever for me, it went straight over my head... you rascals sure got me there! Glad the left finally has their own army of little Ben Shapiros who think they're outsmarting the rest of us with the most simpleminded shit ever conceived...

giphy.gif
Why are you so toxic?

Oct 27, 2017
Sanders' tax returns have to be released one way or the other before the primaries, because if they're not the Republicans WILL find a way to have it leaked during the general.

Comparing it to Trump is a false equivalence, because Republicans aren't turned off in great numbers by amoral behaviour - it absolutely would splinter the Democratic vote.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Why are you so toxic?
Apologies for posting something longer than a paragraph, even including a tiny piece of data, a link as a citation, and a somewhat-formulated argument. When the response was a few words of snark with less substance than my cat's diarrhea, my reaction clearly failed to meet the level of high minded discourse maintained by the illustrious Bernard brethren in this thread... rest assured I will maintain a strict adherence to the Oxford style in all future communications my good sir.

Is this better:
I don't think you realized that was sarcasm lol
CDFOJFT.jpg

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't imagine it would ever be possible for Bernie fans like this wackjob to stoop this low to attack Chelsea Clinton at a vigil AND have people try to defend her awful behavior. This is already worse behavior than 2016. It's depressing.

Gotta remember that the easiest path Trump has to a victory is dividing the Dems. As much as the establishment Dems think the Bernie folks are going to bust, the progressives are worried about the centrist Dems defecting to Trump if they win.

Chariot

Oct 26, 2017
Hamburg
If he's wealthy why would it even matter? Hes fought his whole life to raise his own taxes?
I don't think him having decent money wouldn't be a problem. He is pretty old, so he worked for it. He said himself that he, as a senator, is pretty decently paid.

However, the worry is in the details. I do wonder why he is taking so long to release them and if thrre isn't anything nefarious there.

Status
Not open for further replies.