• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really get why this is so great. It's basically deflecting about the cost of his plan and just turning it to Trump.
it's effectively pointing out that anyone asking about the debt is concern trolling and never cares when it's a right-wing administration ratcheting up the debt for things like billionaire tax cuts and endless war

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it's effectively pointing out that anyone asking about the debt is concern trolling and never cares when it's a right-wing administration ratcheting up the debt for things like billionaire tax cuts and endless war
Let alone this topic keeps being brought up for a decade now yet has not been dealt with yet.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Making a big deal out of Bernie becoming a "millionaire" because of a book is going to backfire. Until Bernie talks about the horrible BOOK WRITERS you have nothing.

Jan 15, 2019
Off topic: damn, Kamala leading the gross income? Wow.
If I recall, the number listed for her is her household income. Much of that is the result of her husband.

That said, I don't think any of this really matters. A person who makes 1-2 million a year moves through the world in a pretty similar way to someone who earns 500-600k. The distinctions aren't very meaningful.

Deleted member 10224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie on Fox works so well. He's a perfect candidate to go on there. He can get aggressive, he can interrupt and mock the hosts without coming out looking bad. You can't do that shit when the host is Wolf or Cooper. They really fucked up by not just letting Bret Baier host it. She tried to go 1 on 1 against Bernie and it looked so awful and it was so obvious what was happening.

Last edited:

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Watching the Bernie Town hall through David Packman. Damn Bernie is hitting all the points very well. His messaging is right on point with healthcare and he isn't wishy washy about the tax issue. Yes you are going to pay more taxes but no more deductible, no more co pay, no more network shit.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Fox News is watched by 2.5 million viewers. Bernie's probably just drinking the kool-aid by thinking he'll reach conservatives; or, maybe he's playing for democrat tough guy points. The real reach is in the Fox, ABC, CBS, and NBC local news stations owned by Sinclair, not to mention AM radio.

Someone's starting to get an idea of what the popular narrative is. Hopefully this is a kick in the pants for him.

That's exactly why I compared him to Hillary, who had a very similar narrative about being nothing but anti-trump despite her policy agenda being highly detailed. Why should people have to seek out what your policies are when you already have plenty of opportunities to promote them in speeches, interviews, and advertisements?

In my view, this is the biggest reason why Buttigieg is starting to outpoll Beto.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pete is even lighter on policy than Beto, lol. He's just more accessible atm due to MSM attention and the way he's able to defend his lack of policy eloquently.

Beto is trying to invest in local communities but he's actively racing against a narrative he could easily dispell. I don't think he was paying attention before, but hopefully he is now.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Did anyone expect this town hall to go THIS well for Bernie? I certainly didn't. Holy shit, haha

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
when people got mad at bernie for going on fox I was like yeah, id rather him not go on but its not like he isn't going to challenge their bullshit every step of the way. glad it went well for him

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
when people got mad at bernie for going on fox I was like yeah, id rather him not go on but its not like he isn't going to challenge their bullshit every step of the way. glad it went well for him
So long one is capable of having others eat their own shit, go for it.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Btw, not only did Bernie release his tax returns on his website, there's also an "Issues" page. LINK: Issues

FINALLY

EDIT:

Racial Justice page is pretty comprehensive:

"Equal justice for all" can't just be an aspirational ideal. Those words were written in our constitution 242 years ago. And our nation's founding promise is 242 years overdue. It's time to treat structural racism with the exigency it deserves.

In order to transform this country into a nation that affirms the value of its people of color, we must address the five central types of violence waged against black, brown and indigenous Americans: physical, political, legal, economic and environmental.

Whether it is a broken criminal justice system, or massive disparities in the availability of financial services, or health disparities, or environmental disparities, or educational disparities – our job is to, and we will, create a nation in which all people are treated equally. That is what we must do, and that is what we will do.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/racial-justice/

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm finally watching this town hall and Bernie is killing it. The audience has been amazing also. I really hope that this did backfire on Fox.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Also, the Sanders campaign is officially using 'Latinx' as a non-gendered word for people of Latin American descent. I can see some pretty fiery debates about that if it's something they continue to do, but good on them for being more inclusive.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't get to watch the town hall but by all accounts it went really poorly for fox, which i find very funny + entertaining

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie killed it. You can see how the hosts were transparently trying to cause controversy and trip him up. The only complaint is that I think he should have praised Ilhan more, maybe compare the ludicrous controversy with Trump's own disrespect of 9/11.

E: Fresh off twitter.

Deleted member 10224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be crazy if/when Omar and AOC finally endorse Bernie. Just think of all the insane rallies with Bernie, Omar and AOC. That's the shit that's really going to help him stay in the spotlight 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.