• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Also, the Sanders campaign is officially using 'Latinx' as a non-gendered word for people of Latin American descent. I can see some pretty fiery debates about that if it's something they continue to do, but good on them for being more inclusive.
As a Latinx person. I don't like the term because I have no idea how to pronounce it.

Someone tell me how, I don't want to look like a moron!

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to here about how everyone in the audience at that town hall was a plant.

Though just pretending it never happened is probably easier than saving face and making excuses

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pete is even lighter on policy than Beto, lol. He's just more accessible atm due to MSM attention and the way he's able to defend his lack of policy eloquently.

Beto is trying to invest in local communities but he's actively racing against a narrative he could easily dispell. I don't think he was paying attention before, but hopefully he is now.

Pete is only popular because he is articulated and because he is a novelty candidate that fits the checklists. Both Bernie and Beto are already burned by their last cycles, and a certain part of their appeal was the *out of nowhere* quality of their campaigns.

Anyway, what a WONDERFUL day to be a Bernie-stan. #1 in polls, taxes released and an iconic town hall on Fox News. Wow. A blessing.

Peter Daou and Cardi B

Bernie racking up those endorsements

Oh! The icing on the cake. Endorsements that actually matter.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pete just admitted on TV that he's just there to get points out and hope to encourage others to pursue public service, even in the space of the Presidency.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Pete just admitted on TV that he's just there to get points out and hope to encourage others to pursue public service, even in the space of the Presidency.

Understandable. Campaigning is expensive as hell and most of the candidates are going to drop out eventually just because they can't afford to keep doing it for the whole cycle. I'm curious as to how long he plans to stay in the race.

Welp

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Understandable. Campaigning is expensive as hell and most of the candidates are going to drop out eventually just because they can't afford to keep doing it for the whole cycle. I'm curious as to how long he plans to stay in the race.

Welp

Great news. Now we don't have to hold any lingering worries wrt taxes.
Hopefully Beto and the rest are clean as well.

lmao, of course they'd have Turning Point USA there. Was still a decent question though

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt get to see all the town hall with bernie because of work, but as I've always thought, when you are right about the issues you are right.

Mar 9, 2018
I think Sanders was momentarily possessed by Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi during part of the Omar response. And I'm not quite sure he fully grasps/knows the border issue as well, in response to the bad faith question by the hosts.

But overall he did good. He is a good communicator of his ideas and a good advocate of his politics. Knows when to punt when he needs to usually and return to his main message.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Welp

Was he just embarrassed about being a millionaire then. Seems like it was dragged out.

Then again maybe we're all too online and it doesn't matter

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He had an accounting firm do his taxes. Seems like they screwed up

"The tax year 2013 was the first that provided different income limits for the medical expense deduction, based on a taxpayer's age. If a tax preparer didn't enter the client's age, the tax software he or she used defaulted to allowing the full deduction instead of no deduction, said Tony Nitti, a CPA at RubinBrown LLP who said he made the same mistake in those years. Mr. Nitti looked at the returns at the request of The Wall Street Journal."

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sanders was momentarily possessed by Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi during part of the Omar response. And I'm not quite sure he fully grasps/knows the border issue as well, in response to the bad faith question by the hosts.

But overall he did good. He is a good communicator of his ideas and a good advocate of his politics. Knows when to punt when he needs to usually and return to his main message.
The Omar answer started a little rough but he gave a decent answer by the end of it, and refused to allow the Fox hosts to frame it the way they wanted to.

In an ideal world he would have been more adamant in his defense but we don't live in an ideal world.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

the great thing about this go around is he has the staff to inform him of these things

I feel like in general I have to attribute the quality of his campaign this go around to being properly staffed

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On a serious note, the mistakes on Beto's returns are pretty negligible, all things considered

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to here about how everyone in the audience at that town hall was a plant.

Though just pretending it never happened is probably easier than saving face and making excuses
There were literally TPUSA members in the audience and he still won them over.
Chairman Daou with the wisdom

Peter Daou has the best redemption arc ever.

It's legit inspiring to see lol. And it's amazing how quickly his former "allies" turned on him for recognizing how they failed.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

Excellent interview overall. Remarkable to hear an in-depth discussion on coming out from someone with a serious shot at the nomination (starting around 17:42).

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Mayor Pete is real fucking good at connecting with whoever he talks to. Def reminds me of Obama in that way.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol who cares about that mistake on Beto's taxes.

Real sign of strength to go after .... Delaney for being in the pocket of Big Delaney.

What a fucking dipshit. If you really believe in your message and have the means, why wouldn't you self fund? "I'm too morally pure to contribute to my own cause." Grifting grandstander FOH.

Status
Not open for further replies.