• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
What a fucking dipshit. If you really believe in your message and have the means, why wouldn't you self fund? "I'm too morally pure to contribute to my own cause." Grifting grandstander FOH.
I mean if I were to talk about my gripes with Howard Schultz that's where I would start.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Bernie / Pete ticket might be great, but that might hurt the diversity factor.

I hate how the most inspiring candidates are white males, because I can't help but feel that would decrease turnout.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
A Bernie / Pete ticket might be great, but that might hurt the diversity factor.

I hate how the most inspiring candidates are white males, because I can't help but feel that would decrease turnout.
Vice president mostly doesn't matter, but Stacy Abrams and Andrew Gillum are probably as good as Pete, and Harris and Castro are better than Beto and Biden.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Oh god Bernie went all in on those "fair & impartial" hosts.

It's great when you have a candidate who attacks the framing of the questions and shows it as dishonest.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie said in an interview a while back that his VP choice would be a younger woman. I have no idea who it could be other than probably Warren (who is the only person I could see that melds the leftist wing of the party with more traditional democrats). Pete would be cool though.

the maddow interview was fine but ew at maddow gushing over the idea of a mandatory national service plan or draft. jesus christ

Manashima

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm thinking Fox did this on purpose. They want to get more democratic town halls, so I believe they stacked the audience pro Bernie so they can entice more candidates.

Unless they are really bad at picking audiences. I cant fathom fox wont try to have a conservative leaning audience, we know Fox is heavily disingenuous.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I'm thinking Fox did this on purpose. They want to get more democratic town halls, so I believe they stacked the audience pro Bernie so they can entice more candidates.

They said the audience was mixed with people from both sides.

Having said that, I don't think they'll be inviting Bernie back. He eviscerated Martha and Bret.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

Excellent interview overall. Remarkable to hear an in-depth discussion on coming out from someone with a serious shot at the nomination (starting around 17:42).

You know, I like Pete, and he's very eloquent and deeply intelligent and makes a lot of great in depth points. There is something about him though that I fear he will only track well with Liberal intellectuals.

I watched the msnbc interview and found myself tuning out WAAAAY too much, and if someone like me, who Buttigieg should be of prime interest to, is finding him hard to pay attention to; then I fear your average American is going to find his messaging uninspiring.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pete's really impressive, but he doesn't make me excited like Beto and Bernie do. That might be a good thing in the long run; but, he's on my radar by pure merit of him being a seemingly amazing and extremely reasonable person. You'd think that'd be enough, but something's not clicking. Either way, I'd be happy to have him as president.
Fox has it up on their channel:

Now I can finally see. Thanks for posting these.

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I can't help but wonder what Roger Ailes would have thought of that town hall. His career launching achievement was coming up with Nixon's televised town halls, which he meticulously framed as pro-Nixon as possible, including audience selection and seating arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dg6yfOpYYY

On the other hand, Fox News also has an interest in attracting outside viewers to their channel, which Bernie maybe still helped. But either way, it was definitely nothing but gains for Bernie.

Last edited:

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
"Bu-but Bernie wouldn't stand a chance against the Republicans in the General!!"

I wonder what this means for his poll numbers.

stillwrapped

Banned
Aug 15, 2018
??
I can't help but wonder what Roger Ailes would have thought of that town hall. His career launching achievement was coming up with Nixon's televised town halls, which he meticulously framed as pro-Nixon as possible, including audience selection and seating arrangement.

On the other hand, Fox News also has an interest in attracting outside viewers to their channel, which Bernie maybe still helped. But either way, it was definitely nothing but gains for Bernie.
Call me crazy, and this is a statement made waaay too far in advance to be proven true any time soon, but that Town Hall kind of gave me feelings of undoing of the Fox news channel. Just ever so slightly. Like, hopefully MAYBE the start of it.

*Fingers crossed*

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Its possible he thinks Bernie will lose against Trump.

Bernie hasn't faced a real attack yet, who knows what the GOP will find.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I like Pete, and he's very eloquent and deeply intelligent and makes a lot of great in depth points. There is something about him though that I fear he will only track well with Liberal intellectuals.

I watched the msnbc interview and found myself tuning out WAAAAY too much, and if someone like me, who Buttigieg should be of prime interest to, is finding him hard to pay attention to; then I fear your average American is going to find his messaging uninspiring.
I've said from the beginning I think he's too smart for the general electorate and I think being gay would make him a general election loser considering the states you have to win. He's awesome though and he could be a great VA secretary in the next admin.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Bernie was blasting Endgame spoilers on Fox News and the crowd loved it
i've been hearing that Bernie got a rip of Endgame and has been seeding it on a russian torrent site per Putin's request. I think this is the end of the road for him unfortunately. Once you cross the Marvel stans, America's most faithful voting bloc, there's no coming back.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I've said from the beginning I think he's too smart for the general electorate and I think being gay would make him a general election loser considering the states you have to win. He's awesome though and he could be a great VA secretary in the next admin.
That was my thought, he should be in the next democratic administration FOR SURE and probably be on policy detail.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Call me crazy, and this is a statement made waaay too far in advance to be proven true any time soon, but that Town Hall kind of gave me feelings of undoing of the Fox news channel. Just ever so slightly. Like, hopefully MAYBE the start of it.

*Fingers crossed*
Maybe in the sense that the left is finally learning how to handle that environment, and in the sense that I think Roger Ailes was an actual evil genius when it comes to television and Fox News is bound to get increasingly less threatening without him.

I highly doubt this event is a catalyst for anything major, but it might be an early signal of change.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

*Fingers crossed*
Way too far in advance.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, there are many great things to say about him, but I don't find him very charismatic or inspiring personally. Add to that that we need to win red states and his sexuality will be a big obstacle for him. I just don't see him winning against Trump.

Bernie and Beto (what's with all those Bs?) I find very charismatic and inspiring, but Bernie is just too damn old and I fear Trump will frame Beto as being weak for his numerous apologies and idealistic tone. I'm pretty anxious because we have quite a few people who would be great presidents, but Trump and the GOP will sink to unprecedented lows in their attacks.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

That's something that concerns me too but I dunno, when you put him in front of a crowd he really seems to shine. I remember when he first started gaining traction, I saw people saying "Sure, he's well-spoken in an interview environment, but can he deliver a rally speech that will get people fired up?" Honestly, I feel like he might actually be better in front of a crowd than in a one-on-one interview. His announcement speech yesterday was fantastic, and he had a rally today in Brooklyn that I'm watching through right now where he did a question-and-answer format instead of his usual stump speech and it's hard to deny that he has an innate talent for engaging his audience. (He's also addressing a lot of topics at this rally that he doesn't get asked about a whole lot, like the lack of diversity in his current base, racial inequality, criticisms of his 1,000 homes in 1,000 days initiative, Islamophobia, data privacy, gun regulation, etc. so it's worth a watch if you want to hear more from him)

Edit: Thinking about it more, I also feel like he gave longer and more meandering answers than usual to some of Maddow's questions, bringing in multiple topics before tying them together and getting to the point, and I think that may have just been him recognizing the audience. Anyone who watches Maddow is used to that sort of thing from her already. Maybe I'm just imagining that, though.

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to have to check out the Sanders town hall.

I usually have some theories as to why something is happening but I'm a little lost on Fox ever even agreeing to have him on.

Did they really think they were going to get him? Or do they really think Trump will beat Sanders so they're propping him up to be the nominee for the general?

I really don't get the thinking in that case as Sanders is all about the people, truth, morality etc while Fox and Trump are the exact opposite. I had no doubt Sanders would crush it on Fox (as long as he had his taxes ready, which of course he did) and no doubt he'll do the same to Trump in the general. I just don't get the angle here unless they're really just that dumb.

Interesting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.