• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
It's wonderful to see the spotlight moving back to Harris and the love. Seeing her in her wheelhouse is the perfect framing to understand the work she could do to remove corruption in the executive and the benefits that would have on top of her policy directions and the team should would build and manage. It's the right timing for this to occur to expand her coalition and rise in the polls.

1. Williamson
2. Harris
3. Warren
4. O'Rourke
5. Buttigieg

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Kamala is my number one. She was on point in the hearing. She deserves higher office.

A lot of democratic women are bringing fire and brimstone to the current administration.

Nanette Barragán, Alexandria Ocasió-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Jahana Hayes, Rosa DeLauro, Stacy Abrams.

But Buttigieg plays the piano 👀

Deleted member 10224

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to worry about Biden's health.. He seriously looks like death and suddenly is starting to talk like daffy duck. He sounds and looks HORRIBLE. Wtf happened to him?

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018

2008_large.png

350px-2000_Republican_Primary_Results.svg.png

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not at all surprising that a Buttigieg aide loves John McCain. Will Pete be singing "Bomb Iran" as well, this time to the tune of a Phish number?

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Sometimes it helps to read more than the headline.

I did read it. And I wish I hadn't:

"I am a liberal Democrat, but I was so into the McCain thing. I romanticize it. I have talked to all the guys who see in the shots. I f------ love John McCain. Why do I f------ love John McCain? Because he was a badass. He was out there," Smith said.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I did read it. And I wish I hadn't:
Then what does the electoral map of 2008 have to do with the tweet? Also, the very next paragraph explains why:
"He was going up against George Bush, who had $50 million and he had $4 million, and so he just decides to tear up the playbook and put himself out there. And if people like it they like it, and if they don't they were probably never going to vote for you anyway," Smith added.

Come on now, you're better than this disingenuous shitposting.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a good idea, but I think the campaign manager is romanticizing it a bit. Beto has a similar strategy and the work he is putting in isn't representing itself in the polls.
At this point it's still name recognition. Mayor Pete is all over the TV so people see him, Beto isn't so they don't. It's why I keep saying we need to wait for the debates.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to worry about Biden's health.. He seriously looks like death and suddenly is starting to talk like daffy duck. He sounds and looks HORRIBLE. Wtf happened to him?

lmao ive been saying this. every recent interview of his has been sloppy as fuck. even bernie looks sharp compared to 2019 biden. cant wait for the debates

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017

I was also concerned about that. He was better once he got rolling so I didn't post my thoughts earlier, but he gets very strange when going off-the-cuff.

Part of it might also be his accent but he mumbles and I mishear a word and have to go back. I don't think he used to.

Nell

Oct 27, 2017
At this point it's still name recognition. Mayor Pete is all over the TV so people see him, Beto isn't so they don't. It's why I keep saying we need to wait for the debates.

I agree, the debates can totally reshuffle the top candidates right now to the bottom of the pile.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

What is the point of linking to YouTube videos that prove them wrong?

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Yall are really gonna demonize Pete over his communications manager saying that McCain's bus tour campaign was badass? lol

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
wonder how much the prisoners voting stance hurt Bernie

Biden's entrance is probably mostly to blame for his polling drop but still

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Quite the story here:

Be wary, though, it's being pushed by Trump and his allies:

But the renewed scrutiny of Hunter Biden's experience in Ukraine has also been fanned by allies of Mr. Trump. They have been eager to publicize and even encourage the investigation, as well as other Ukrainian inquiries that serve Mr. Trump's political ends, underscoring the Trump campaign's concern about the electoral threat from the former vice president's presidential campaign.

The Trump team's efforts to draw attention to the Bidens' work in Ukraine, which is already yielding coverage in conservative media, has been led partly by Rudolph W. Giuliani, who served as a lawyer for Mr. Trump in the investigation by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III. Mr. Giuliani's involvement raises questions about whether Mr. Trump is endorsing an effort to push a foreign government to proceed with a case that could hurt a political opponent at home.

Mr. Giuliani has discussed the Burisma investigation, and its intersection with the Bidens, with the ousted Ukrainian prosecutor general and the current prosecutor. He met with the current prosecutor multiple times in New York this year. The current prosecutor general later told associates that, during one of the meetings, Mr. Giuliani called Mr. Trump excitedly to brief him on his findings, according to people familiar with the conversations.

Mr. Giuliani declined to comment on any such phone call with Mr. Trump, but acknowledged that he has discussed the matter with the president on multiple occasions. Mr. Trump, in turn, recently suggested he would like Attorney General William P. Barr to look into the material gathered by the Ukrainian prosecutors — echoing repeated calls from Mr. Giuliani for the Justice Department to investigate the Bidens' Ukrainian work and other connections between Ukraine and the United States.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I remember stories about how concerns about his son was a factor in Biden deciding whether to run or not. may have been something completely different

it is being pushed by Trump so we should obviously be very skeptical

Status
Not open for further replies.