• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
jack_package_200 2020! What's your platform look like?

1. Resident Evil 4 will be an important part of K-12 education
2. Climate Change is gonna fucking kill us so we need to actually do something about it
3. I am from Portland OR and the homeless problem is a big deal that no one talks or wants to talk about. As president, I will increase taxes to help buy up land that can be used as incredibly cheap housing, support education programs that help those people find work, mental health care, and drug rehabilitation.
4. Medicare for all except for white men named Jesse because every white man named Jesse I have ever met is a colossal douchebag

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
2. Climate Change is gonna fucking kill us so we need to actually do something about it
3. I am from Portland OR and the homeless problem is a big deal that no one talks or wants to talk about. As president, I will increase taxes to help buy up land that can be used as incredibly cheap housing, support education programs that help those people find work, mental health care, and drug rehabilitation.
4. Medicare for all except for white men named Jesse because every white man named Jesse I have ever met is a colossal douchebag
I think you posted this before and I would vote for you so goddamn hard. I especially like your stance on Resident Evil FOOOOOUUUUUR.

I also want to note that there are far more vacant homes than homeless people.

Oct 25, 2017
I think you posted this before and I would vote for you so goddamn hard. I especially like your stance on Resident Evil FOOOOOUUUUUR
I got two more

5. Ban guns, offer tax incentives for those who buy swords and shields
6. Using the incorrect word "Irregardless" in both spoken dialogue or in writing is now a class c felony

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I fear that limiting RE4 to only K-12 doesn't go far enough

Oct 25, 2017
Last and final part of my platform

7. We are going to put massive tariffs on Atlus games until they can get their homophobia nonsense sorted out

Fucking avatar bets

Dec 6, 2018
Last and final part of my platform

7. We are going to put massive tariffs on Atlus games until they can get their homophobia nonsense sorted out

Fucking avatar bets
Wholeheartedly agree

Wonder where he'd be able to do the most good
Both EPA head and Secretary of Interior would be good spots for him looking at his experience. He has a lot of tech and eco committee work and some housing experience so HUD wouldn't be bad either. Honestly, if he had a national profile before running he would probably be a real contender

(Also I propose that all Atlus games must include only gay romance going forward)

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah since Crenshaw has been attacking her.

This is pretty weak stuff.

It's general 'we are better than this' rhetoric that can be used for any day of this administration.
It's not that great, but better than nothing. I'd expect him to release a stronger response tomorrow.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
has bernie ever even said he wants to explicitly ban private health insurance? in the last CNN town hall he basically said there'd be no reason to get private health insurance for anything besides cosmetic procedures because medicare for all would cover everything else. I haven't seen him say he wants to ban private health insurance outright.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
has bernie ever even said he wants to explicitly ban private health insurance? in the last CNN town hall he basically said there'd be no reason to get private health insurance for anything besides cosmetic procedures because medicare for all would cover everything else. I haven't seen him say he wants to ban private health insurance outright.
M4A de facto bans it as primary health coverage.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

He's fine with them covering nose jobs.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how to feel about Pete's. He basically called Trump a terorrist indirectly, but I really don't like how he and Beto didn't say Ilhan's name.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pete added her name, probably due to being called out for not mentioning it

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Taking notes on this Omar stuff for how to cast my Super Tuesday vote.

In a vacuum I'd still say Kamala is my favorite but she hasn't been upfront enough lately. Policy-wise Warren is my favorite but her favorability is a problem (which I know is bullshit but above all, I want to win).

Beto's doing a better job getting out ahead of the hot-button issues right now. Parts of Mayor Pete's comments and background are a little concerning although his positions are tight.

Prolly Kamala -> Beto -> Pete -> Warren in order of preference right now.

Let's just hope Biden flames out. Although his problems don't seem to be sticking with the electorate he is so not what the country needs right now.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Booker and Klobucher, yikes.

It's mostly because they're the crowd favorites for their state political machine. Klobuchar is a force to be reckoned with in Minnesota politics and the machine in New Jersey is strong in its loyalty. A big part of what's cut against Gillibrand's ability to get off the ground is that she's outside the machine in New York and hasn't been able to get their backing.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's mostly because they're the crowd favorites for their state political machine. Klobuchar is a force to be reckoned with in Minnesota politics and the machine in New Jersey is strong in its loyalty. A big part of what's cut against Gillibrand's ability to get off the ground is that she's outside the machine in New York and hasn't been able to get their backing.
I hate political machines >:(

Glad to see Bernie coming in 4th I guess. I take it to mean Vermont's behind him.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I hate political machines >:(

Glad to see Bernie coming in 4th I guess. I take it to mean Vermont's behind him.
11 of his 21 points are from Vermont. If you click on their name or scroll down, it breaks the endorsements down. :)

EDIT: It looks like 52 of Kamala Harris's 55 points are from California. 55 of Cory Booker's 57 from New Jersey, etc.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if snl and pete davidson will

A) realize they fucked up
B) will actually feel bad
C) will actually say something (really doubt this one)

Mar 9, 2018
Great statement by Warren. Good statement by Sanders. I like how Warren mentioned the complicity of silence.

I'm looking forward to debates with these two.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Warren's tweet resonated with me the most. Pete's was surprisingly blah blah blah.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Didn't know Cornel West was close with Buttigieg's family:

Cornell West spoke in South Bend today; he talked about knowing Pete as a baby, since Pete's dad is also an academic and they spent summers in Italy together doing research in the early 80s. Someone asked him about the future of the Democratic Party and he said, "Well, Pete is family, but that doesn't mean I'm going to vote for him. I love my mom, but I don't think she should be in office."

Not surprised about his candor though. That's how West has always been.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"Pete's dad is also an academic and they spent summers in Italy together doing research in the early 80s. "

Hmmm

%7B3F1635DA-BC24-42BA-BD6C-80F5866906FF%7DImg100.jpg

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Cornel West was close with Buttigieg's family:

Not surprised about his candor though. That's how West has always been.
Speaking of family/moms, mine just posted this gem on Facebook: "Ilhan Omar is crying she's receiving death threats. They're not death threats. Just some people saying something".

Just hilarious stuff.

I don't even know how to respond. Maybe tell her to turn off Fox News for 5 seconds and bother to actually watch the clip and maybe consider that's not what Omar meant by it at all...

Method

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of family/moms, mine just posted this gem on Facebook: "Ilhan Omar is crying she's receiving death threats. They're not death threats. Just some people saying something".

Just hilarious stuff.

I don't even know how to respond. Maybe tell her to turn off Fox News for 5 seconds and bother to actually watch the clip and maybe consider that's not what Omar meant by it at all...
I'm sorry.

If that was my mom id log in to her account and change her password permanently.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Just hilarious stuff.

Oof. That's unfortunate. I wouldn't know how to respond either.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today showed some damn important reasons why Bernie and Warren are, have, and always will be the best choices to lead the Democratic Party to the White House.

Status
Not open for further replies.