• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Also, since when is Pete considered center-left?

That's a weird article. It assigns a sinister motive to various groups of Dems meeting.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously starting to drink the Pete koolaid. As a queer person myself, though, I'm so afraid that socially conservative dems and independents will - at the very last minute - not give him the vote because of his sexuality.
I thought Buttigieg was an interesting candidate until he blamed the Gaza massacre on Palestinians and AIPAC showed up to support him

Pokiehl

Oct 29, 2017
There was talk of Biden having issues with getting support from bundlers. I think there's the fear from the establishment that Biden will implode due to gaffes.

Someone like Pete or Beto doesn't have the same baggage, but at the same time are also charismatic. In 2016 Joe's messaging was that he intends to be a One Term President, which doesn't favor people who are looking for stability.

Biden has always had issues with money. One, because he was a Senator from a small state with low costs he never needed much. Two, he just doesn't like making the ask - and everyone has to do it, few people will just hand over the big money.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
He is the front-runner by a large margin and is still being seen as the victim? Good Lord. He and his fanbase infuriate me.
What are you talking about. Did you actually read what any of what that article and tweets said? There are talks from party flanks about "how they can stop Bernie" not "how can we all cooperate and support who has the most supporters whoever that may be."

That is a problem.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I really liked Bernie's answer to the free trade question last night.

Imagine if instead of throwing our weight around trying to get countries to adopt regulations friendly to american pharmaceutical companies, entertainment companies, and investors in general in exchange for free trade with us, we instead try to force higher labor standards.

Last edited:

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I get it as Trump is always messy in his tweets, but is he really attacking Fox News implying they staged it in Bernie's favour?
Absolutely. Doing that smug right wing thing of going "STRANGE, HMMM? INTERESTING, EH?" to invite you to invent your own conspiracy theory to explain away any good news or performance by a Dem candidate.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I'm so tired of Bernie and his supporters being vilified and getting called divisive all the time when shit like that Stop Bernie article pop up. Just let the freaking primary voters decide.

Damisa

Oct 25, 2017
You guys do realize it's ok to not like Bernie and, gasp, even have strategy meetings to try to stop him?

It's not like they are trying to ban him from running. Let's wait until Bernie gets at least accused of running an underage sex ring in a pizza shop before whining about unfair attacks.

Oct 27, 2017
You guys do realize it's ok to not like Bernie and, gasp, even have strategy meetings to try to stop him?

It's not like they are trying to ban him from running. Let's wait until Bernie gets at least accused of running an underage sex ring in a pizza shop before whining about unfair attacks.

Let me dumb it down for you.

Dems: We need to rally together to beat Trump.
Also Dems: We have to STOP BERNIE.

Leave Hillary in 2016, your establishment is showing.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

No, it's not okay because Bernie will naturally defend himself and he'll still get called divisive and destructive by the same people.

That pizza shop nonsense was something fabricated by the alt-right, and Bernie will have plenty of anti-semitic conspiracies about him from them. It's also completely unrelated to the Dem Establishment freaking out.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Last time I checked Bernie wasn't the nominee so what's your point?

I highly doubt there would be any outrage at "we need to STOP BIDEN" on here
DNC is supposed to let the process of its base and voters decide who wins the primaries. Not reinforce the idea that it's a group of party elites pulling the levers to influence who the primary winner is.

If you don't understand why all of that shit is gross and flies in the face of the idea of Democratic Party being more democratic then I don't know what to tell you.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
DNC is supposed to let the process of its base and voters decide who wins the primaries. Not reinforce the idea that it's a group of party elites pulling the levers to influence who the primary winner is.

If you don't understand why all of that shit is gross and flies in the face of the idea of Democratic Party being more democratic then I don't know what to tell you.

The DNC is letting the process roll out.

I think you're confusing individual Dems with the party apparatus.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
He is the front-runner by a large margin and is still being seen as the victim? Good Lord. He and his fanbase infuriate me.
It's crazy to see so many starting to acknowledge Bernie as the front runner after this debate, when all the time before he was "no chance" candidate. Just based on that alone I think this town hall was a major success.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
one underrated quality of bernie sanders is his ability to make literally everyone of all political walks of life act like a lunatic

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm so tired of Bernie and his supporters being vilified and getting called divisive all the time when shit like that Stop Bernie article pop up. Just let the freaking primary voters decide.

The center calls for unity. But you have to unify around the center. The status quo and white supremacy must be protected. Didn't you get the memo?

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
It's crazy to see so many starting to acknowledge Bernie as the front runner after this debate, when all the time before he was "no chance" candidate. Just based on that alone I think this town hall was a major success.
He has been a front runner since he entered the race per polling, probably since 2016 actually. The town hall didnt change that. Whether that tranfers to him getting the nom remains to be seen. We're a long ways off.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
one underrated quality of bernie sanders is his ability to make literally everyone of all political walks of life act like a lunatic

It's terrifying to have your comfy privileged status in society threatened.

Note this references act like a lunatic. Of course there's legitimate criticism that doesn't quality as such.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talk of Bernie Sanders always brings out the ableist language. Not to say I'm not guilty of it from time to time, but I try to be mindful of it.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
Many on this forum only acknowledge polling when it agrees with their opinion.

Great generalization you got there.

that's a neat article, thanks for sharing

if only there were some other way to get a representative sample of the voting population to measure a candidate's viability

oh well

It's easy to forget, that by the very nature of you talking online about politics, you are not like the general population.

Unless of course, you are trying to make some asinine point about a low sample Emerson poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.