• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTheresaMay

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
The only way Bernie will lose is if he goes to the center or the Democratic establishment screws him over.

It's either Bernie or bust.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This post will either age incredibly well or incredibly poorly. Lets see.
Wow so many choices.

True. A shower door attacked Sanders with more vigor than Hillary. He still lost, and is the frontrunner. Yikes
lol

I do wonder what would have happened if she'd taken the gloves off around him...

... and chosen Warren over Kaine and campaigned in the swing states she slept on

less

Oct 25, 2017
Was at lunch with some of bosses and the topic shifted to politics and Sanders. His comment about prisoners having the right to vote didn't go down well.

Bernie is absolutely correct but America might not be ready to hear it.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
what if it ends up being bernie vs Biden

they'll start throwing walkers at each other on the debate stage

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie loses his shit whenever he's challenged on an issue. He either tries to evade or gets angry and snide and it's going to look horrible on the national stage. I see him severely underperforming when it actually comes time to vote.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie is going to win by bringing in former non-voters who saw nothing to believe in the party before him.

The only people who oppose Bernie are Republicans.
Ah, bringing in enough non-Democrats to outvote the Democrats in the Democratic primary, then shunning the nonbelievers out to the GOP. An incredibly sound strategy. (D:I ratio was 2:1 in 2016, for those not understanding the sarcasm.)

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie loses his shit whenever he's challenged on an issue. He either tries to evade or gets angry and snide and it's going to look horrible on the national stage. I see him severely underperforming when it actually comes time to vote.
i also remember how horrible he looked in that fox news townhall that consisted of nonstop challenging

bernie aint doing too hot lately. got a lot of bad press from the whole Boston bomber thing (which was unfair) and he seems to have done poorly at the WOC summit
yeah. for the next couple of weeks he may go down a couple points, especially after biden announces unfortunately

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
bernie aint doing too hot lately. got a lot of bad press from the whole Boston bomber thing (which was unfair) and he seems to have done poorly at the WOC summit

ImTheresaMay

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I know a ton of democrats who oppose Bernie...the idea that he isn't liked by only the right is preposterous.
Ah, bringing in enough non-Democrats to outvote the Democrats in the Democratic primary, then shunning the nonbelievers out to the GOP. An incredibly sound strategy. (D:I ratio was 2:1 in 2016, for those not understanding the sarcasm.)

Democrats can be right wing you know. I can understand why people like Warren since she's proposing substantial left wing policy, but Bernie seems to tie together a big number of grievances people have with the Democratic Party.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i also remember how horrible he looked in that fox news townhall that consisted of nonstop challenging
He evaded giving answers to some questions and basically told the hosts they were lucky he even graced them with his presence. He performed horribly at the CNN town hall just a couple of nights ago and he also did badly today at the she the people convention.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Wow so many choices.

lol

I do wonder what would have happened if she'd taken the gloves off around him...

... and chosen Warren over Kaine and campaigned in the swing states she slept on

He'd have played the conspiracy angle even harder. He's already priming it now. Kinda inevitable though. People outside the ERA/Twitter bubble don't care nearly enough for Barnie, and as soon as he starts losing they're gonna go hard on "DNC establisment screwing Bernie. IT WAS HIS TURN"

cool it theresa may you're making us look bad over here

Ahh, the Theresa May special

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
He evaded giving answers to some questions and basically told the hosts they were lucky he even graced them with his presence. He performed horribly at the CNN town hall just a couple of nights ago and he also did badly today at the she the people convention.
the real question here is, are you aware that the things you're saying don't represent anything close to what most people feel or do you earnestly believe anything you're saying here is consistent with most people's sensibilities

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

yeah. for the next couple of weeks he may go down a couple points, especially after biden announces unfortunately

bernie killed it at that town hall. he's only been seriously flopping just recently

all the more reason for bernie to murder Biden on the debate stage

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
bernie killed it at that town hall. he's only been seriously flopping just recently

all the more reason for bernie to murder Biden on the debate stage
i was joking. that town hall was received virtually universally well. im saying obviously sanders doesn't usually look bad under attack, especially when he can play to the crowd.

Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We're going over 2016 again, for some reason. This is about the 2020 Democratic Primary, let's stay on topic please. Thank you.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the real question here is, are you aware that the things you're saying don't represent anything close to what most people feel or do you earnestly believe anything you're saying here is consistent with most people's sensibilities
Are you aware that you think Bernie represents the majority in the democratic party and will win, yet struggles to reach 20% in polling after being a well known 2016 candidate and household name?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i was joking. that town hall was received virtually universally well. im saying obviously sanders doesn't usually look bad under attack, especially when he can play to the crowd.
The problem that he's consistently run into (showcased today) is that when he can't play into a friendly crowd he runs into major issues.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
Are you aware that you think Bernie represents the majority in the democratic party and will win, yet struggles to reach 20% in polling after being a well known 2016 candidate and household name?

cool that you think i think bernie is the favorite of the majority of the party.
The former vice president, who is almost uniformly beloved by democrats outside of videogame forums' offtopic section is only polling at 29% on average in an incredibly crowded field. Maybe there are stronger arguments for you than Sanders being 6 points behind him?

The problem that he's consistently run into (showcased today) is that when he can't play into a friendly crowd he runs into major issues.
i mostly agree. dude kinda needs his cheers.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "correct" answer to the "how will you win over ______", which Sanders did not do, is to speak about issues and solutions uniquely specific to that group that your hypothetical future administration plans to address to get across to the audience that you have listened to them.

I'm being generic because this is politics 101 and why it's a really, really bad look to be just saying "oh we'll have representation in the staff." It's like, if JEB! went to the NRA and was asked "how are you going to help us" and talked about repealing Obamacare... it probably wouldn't go over very well either.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
This is a BS talking point. Of course he is going to have less support out of the gate when there is a huge playing field with a diverse set of ideas right now. Support is going to funnel one way or another when the herd thins. I think it's incredibly pompous for anyone to think they have any idea which way it is going to go in the end.

Bernie was a literal nobody Senator and was a total surprise in 2016. I think there are likely to be MANY surprises in this 2020 election cycle.

We should all stop acting like console war fanboys about the Democratic primaries and focus on policy differences between the candidates rather than weird snipes and pointless speculation about who's got the highest percent of supporters right now.

This thread seems to be getting increasingly petty. In the larger scheme, we're all on the same team aren't we?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
This is a BS talking point. Of course he is going to have less support out of the gate when there is a huge playing field with a diverse set of ideas right now. Support is going to funnel one way or another when the herd thins. I think it's incredibly pompous for anyone to think they have any idea which way it is going to go in the end.

Bernie was a literal nobody Senator and was a total surprise in 2016. I think there are likely to be MANY surprises in this 2020 election cycle.

We should all stop acting like console war fanboys about the Democratic primaries and focus on policy differences between the candidates rather than weird snipes and pointless speculation about who's got the highest percent of supporters right now.

This thread seems to be getting increasingly petty. In the larger scheme, we're all on the same team aren't we?
Been saying the bold for ages

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cool that you think i think bernie is the favorite of the majority of the party.
I never said that. You made the accusation that the things I'm saying are not the way most people feel , which I never claimed, and is also a ridiculous claim to make because you have no way of knowing how everyone feels.

Last edited:

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think Beto has won this. He's got a tactful answer for everything and he came off a lot better than the other candidates at the "She the People" forum.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
I never said that. You made the accusation that the things I'm saying are not the way most people feel , which is a ridiculous claim to make because you have no way of knowing how everyone feels.

its actually pretty easy to find out what most people don't feel. You'd have to be almost embarrassingly out of tune with current discourse to think Sanders has been perceived as doing poorly in recent town halls, with the obvious exception of the one held today. Just be at least a little weary in the future about how your feelings about a candidate might color your perception about their performance. God knows i have to do that with o'rourke all the time

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Polling is informative, but it isn't predictive at this point. Data Nate and G. Elliot are putting out a lot of good stuff on what the numbers actually mean and what you can take away from them. It's not a horse race when 70%+ of people aren't settled on a candidate. No one can win the nomination with 20-30% of the vote.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its actually pretty easy to find out what most people don't feel. You'd have to be almost embarrassingly out of tune with current discourse to think Sanders has been perceived as doing poorly in recent town halls, with the obvious exception of the one held today. Just be at least a little weary in the future about how your feelings about a candidate might color your perception about their performance. God knows i have to do that with o'rourke all the time
I don't see how you can think Bernie did well at either the CNN town hall or the She the People event today. I go in with an open mind to these events, which is why I can say people like Warren, Kamala, Pete, Beto, etc do well when they do. Bernie consistently does poorly when challenged on issues or when asked to expand his thoughts on things not having to do with the wealth disparity of normal people vs. the billionaire class.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how you can think Bernie did well at either the CNN town hall or the She the People event today. I go in with an open mind to these events, which is why I can say people like Warren, Kamala, Pete, Beto, etc do well when they do. Bernie consistently does poorly when challenged on issues or when asked to expand his thoughts on things not having to do with the wealth disparity of normal people vs. the billionaire class.
I don't see how you can read my post and think I said he did well in the she the people event, when I explicitly state I think he didn't do well in that. Come on, dude.

I'm glad you're trying to be objective in how you assess a candidate's performance. Let me know when your takes bear out in the polls.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I have never, ever seen a Democrat who is as consistently bad at reading the room as Biden.

Meghan McCain's endorsement can only hurt him. Democrats don't like her because she's awful, and Republicans don't like her because she's not awful enough. Cindy McCain's endorsement might be better for him, but it's not going to sway any conservatives if Trump's attacks on John McCain didn't.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how you can read my post and think I said he did well in the she the people event, when I explicitly state I think he didn't do well in that. Come on, dude.

I'm glad you're trying to be objective in how you assess a candidate's performance. Let me know when your takes bear out in the polls.

You originally responded to this

So, come on dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.