• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I'd upgrade to an XSSS Max from my XS Max if it was atleast 7" or bigger, kind of unsatisfied with the size of my XS Max, otherwise its great.

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Wow, fuck that. The X/XS is basically the perfect size. I don't want to need to get a smaller or bigger phone.
This. The Max is already too big for me and the Xs is almost too small when typing. Them shrinking the phone even further pushes me towards the low budget 6.1" variant which I have no intent on getting (I only buy the top-tier line of iPhones for the cutting edge internals, especially with 5G support...). Hope this rumor is a bust and doesn't come true.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
5.4 seems perfect for me as I don't want bigger then my X but I wouldn't mind it being a bit smaller.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
My next phone is 100% an Android unless they announce a compact iPhone soon.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would go for the 5.4, I doubt things will get smaller than that.

I wonder if the finger print is coming back or will it ever?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I was in the market for 2019 iPhones, I was specially interested in the XS size. But not it won't exist :(

It looks like the way to go is the XR, specially if it has an OLED. I don't care about 5G, honestly.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I buy all my phone's used on swappa cause I'm on a prepaid plan but the 8 and X haven't gone down in price like the 7 did after two new models. Hopefully I'll finally be able to upgrade to the X from my 7 this year but if not I may just spring for the smaller premium model new in 2020. It sounds great

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uhh... seems cool but I really like my X size. I hope 5.4" feels like an improvement somehow.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still on a 7. I don't think theres anything they've done over the years to improve the phone enough to justify the cost of upgrading.
I agree. If they go 5G maybe I'll bite. That's my only reason to upgrade at this point. But literally for most people they use at most maybe 5-10 apps on their phones and even upgrading every 2 years makes no sense.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Full-screen OLED flagship around the same physical size of my 8? This will be my next.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm?? A smaller screen size than the XS? Could it be possible we're finally getting a new form factor?

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017

kuo-2020-iphones.jpg

Finally some significant differences in phone sizes. 5.4" is a fucking dream for fans of smaller devices. Maybe add a SE 2 to the mix and now there are phones covering all bases.

2020 iPhone Line Up:
5.4" iPhone XSSS w/ 5G
6.1" iPhone XRRR w/ LTE
6.7" iPhone XSSS Max w/ 5G

Dream line up:
(all phones without notches of course)
4.5-4.8" iPhone SE 2 w/ LTE
5.4" iPhone XSSS w/ 5G
6.1" iPhone XRRR w/ LTE
6.7" iPhone XSSS Max w/ 5G

Anybody else excited for a smaller iPhone?
The hell is a iPhone XSSSS?

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
So only the 2020 ones will be a decent upgrade?

Fits in with my upgrade cycle. nice.

Hoping that name isn't real though. 😂💀

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad the XR won't be 5.4 inch, my mom still has a SE and doesn't want anything much larger and won't spend $1k on a phone.

I'm also not very excited for 5G. Verizon wants to charge $10 more per month but is waving that fee right now so far I think. Plus, faster speeds aren't really that useful with the typical use case on a phone, I guess it will help if you do tethering and have more than 15 gb a month for tethering....

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Basically the size of the 8 but with no bezels. Ugh. I should have grinded it out a little longer but my 5s was dying so I just got an 8 last year lol

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the 6.1" even though it moves to OLED it will keep the same body and thus same bezels, to stay at a distance from the "premium" ones. Especially as the 5.8" gets downsized to 5.4".

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Sticking with my xs till it dies or some revolutionary battery tech comes along. I'm done upgrading every year/every other year. This phone is plenty fast and I think it will stay that way

Nov 30, 2018

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'll stick with my XS Max until the fingerprint sensor returns which sounds like 2021.
That's the main reason I sold my XS Max, Face ID had enough times where it didn't register that it was a regular annoyance.

If they bring back the fingerprint sensor (and it's fast and reliable, I found the fingerprint sensor on the 8 kinda slow compared to several android phones I've owned) I'm sure I'll come back to iOS.
120hz would be nice, but not a requirement for me, especially if it drops the battery life.

I currently have an S10e which is pretty much perfect for me which is the same screensise as the current XS I believe.
Going smaller would be too small for me, and I'm worried it'll be hard for me to go back to bigger screen phones like the XS Max, having a phone this size is a lot more comfortable in my pocket and lighter in my hand.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, hopefully my 6s will hold out until then. It still performs nicely after I gave it a battery swap and reset it, so I see no real reason to upgrade.

5.4" is fine by me. Hopefully they have 120 hz screens by then too.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Smaller one goes in line with making them more affordable.

I love my X and I plan on pushing it to its deathbed. When I change I will want a bigger screen but not smaller.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Spent my daya with a guy thay still rocks a small iPhone, not sure if it's a 5 or a SE. Small phones are great, I have a Pixel (5") but wish it didn't have the bezzels.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
$2k 5g enabled 6.7 inch iPhone MAXX incoming.

Only half joking, thing is with 5g I could see why apples halo, ultra high phone would cost that much at the biggest storage level. 5G is some bleeding edge shit.

5.4 inches is also a rather interesting form factor.

Shame the back of the phones will look just awful. Hate,hate the camera bump design this year.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like perfect news to me. A slightly smaller XS would be great.

My X has lasted me so long and I've never felt tempted to update....but the 2020 version will be the next time I do.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Welp, my wife's iPhone SE took a bath this weekend and looks to be dead. So going to have to get a new phone much sooner than anticipated. I have the iPhone 8 and she's ok with taking that. Which leaves me getting a new one. Likely going with the XR or XS. Looks like jumping on the 5G train will wait until the next generation or three. Sucks that the XS is smaller and closer in size to the 8, but is more expensive. But I really like phones on the smaller side.