badabeezy

Oct 27, 2017
Always fun to see what the odd discount method ends up being. I gotta admit. Didn't think Instagram would be it.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe Sony, Microsoft, & Nintendo all dropped the ball for me when it comes to their online store offerings this year. A mix of not having stuff on my wishlist, discounting the wrong version of a game, and barely having a discount at all. Worst Black Friday in recent memory.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
All right, I think I'm done

My haul:
Sonic Frontiers - $40
Soul Hackers 2 - $25
WarioWare: Get it Together -$29
Capcom Fighting Collection - $20
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Collection - $20
Tales of Arise - $20

Bummed that I couldn't find AI Nirvana or Kirby for a good price but I think I can manage for now lol

Oct 27, 2017
All right, I think I'm done

My haul:
Sonic Frontiers - $40
Soul Hackers 2 - $25
WarioWare: Get it Together -$29
Capcom Fighting Collection - $20
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Collection - $20
Tales of Arise - $20

Bummed that I couldn't find AI Nirvana or Kirby for a good price but I think I can manage for now lol
Where did you get soul hackers for $25?

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
As a person reasonably new to the Steam ecosystem, do we expect a Black friday sale in general? I need to continue to add to my backlog, ahem library.

Starts in five and a half hours. A couple of hours after that the site will probably load well enough to actually buy stuff.

Also to add to this, Steam will do a long 2-3 week Christmas sale around the end of the year with basically the exact same discounts.

Long time ago when flash sales were a thing, the discounts would vary more but it doesn't now. So don't worry about missing anything if you can only get so much this time around.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My Walmart order is ready for pickup even though they said it'll be ready on Friday. Yay!

Still debating on Valkyrie Elysium. It's a lot shorter than I expected (12 hours supposedly). Might be a library rental instead.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bummed that I couldn't find Kirby for a good price

dd0.png

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
My final physical game haul is most likely
Kamiwaza $30
Pacman world repac $20
Kirby forgotten land 40(GameFly)
Live a live 35 (gamefly)
Monkey ball banana mania 15
Taiko no Tatsu festival 25
Persona 5 R $30
Ai Nirvana $20
All for switch.
Also grabbed the Series S target deal.
For digital I grabbed(on switch)
SD Gundam battle alliance
Capcom 2nd Arcade stadium
.hack GU

Ordered 8 posters from Displate
Ordered a bunch of anime from RSA and Sentaifilmworks. (I'll post a pic when they're all in)
I think I'm just about done

Shiny Man

Nov 18, 2020
Loulé
I was so close to pulling the plug on a 55" S95B for 1500€, but now I just found a store selling the 55" C2 for 1100...MY GOD GUYS, WHAT DO I DOOOOO :(

Oct 24, 2022
CDkeys black friday sale is pretty bad. I've seen many of those games (Horizon, RE Village, etc.) cheaper during random daily deals from them these past two months.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
That Series X on Instagram Store was a great deal but I literally just purchased one for about $55 off with 5% off and an additional coupon at Target so I didn't pull the trigger.

Do we know any other companies with IG Stores where the 20% off is applicable?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer physical is $30 on amazon ($5 switch tax), PS5 is free upgrade from PS4 so prob best version to buy for ps4/ps5

View: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1595052835145601024

Digital deluxe is also $35 on PSN store and comes with a lot of extras

512gb microSD is $40 on amazon, great for steam deck, switch, etc For gaming all microSD cards are basically equivalent, speeds don't really matter that much. I've tested "the fastest and expensive" SD cards and the cheapies on my steam deck and there is virtually no difference in performance.

only thing is make sure you get a genuine microSD card immediately, I think you can test it on a PC with sandisk tools. While rare some people get scammed with fakes.

Y2K

Apr 28, 2022
Picked up the 3 month gamepass ultimate deal from cdkeys. I was holding out for a better price but this looks to be the best we are going to get. Topped off my account back to 3 years. With the chance of a price increase looming I didn't want to take any chances.

brotherbean

Oct 26, 2017
Every year around Black Friday I always think about picking up the newest Call of Duty, even though I haven't played one in years. Any deals on MW2 digital for Xbox? Saw a couple of physical deals floating around but nothing digi yet.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the default Black Friday thread? Didn't see one in Etc.

If so, interested in TV deals for my father. Criteria:
  • 65 or 70 inches
  • Budget - maybe up to $1000
  • Available from Best Buy or Amazon for online purchase, ideally, but other stores are fine too
  • Best case it would be a Roku TV, but not too important, I think those are less common
  • Able to deal with some glare, though it won't ever be in direct sunlight
  • Easily mountable
  • Strictly used for movies, shows, and sports, both cable and streaming
Any thoughts welcome.

I'm leaning towards thinking the 65' TCL 6-Series for $599 at BB is sufficient and topping them off with a nice soundbar.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
3 month GPU back down to 23.79 on CDKeys.

www.cdkeys.com

3 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Xbox One / PC

Buy 3 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Xbox One / PC ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️
I see there's this one and then there's one labeled (USA) for $28.
www.cdkeys.com

3 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Xbox One / PC (USA)

Buy 3 Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Xbox One / PC (USA) ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Membership ✔️
Is it safe to get the generic one if I'm in the US?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Demon Slayer physical is $30 on amazon ($5 switch tax), PS5 is free upgrade from PS4 so prob best version to buy for ps4/ps5

View: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1595052835145601024

Digital deluxe is also $35 on PSN store and comes with a lot of extras

512gb microSD is $40 on amazon, great for steam deck, switch, etc For gaming all microSD cards are basically equivalent, speeds don't really matter that much. I've tested "the fastest and expensive" SD cards and the cheapies on my steam deck and there is virtually no difference in performance.

only thing is make sure you get a genuine microSD card immediately, I think you can test it on a PC with sandisk tools. While rare some people get scammed with fakes.

Is that microsd better than the new generation one on the same page? I have a 128gb that I'd like to change but I'm not sure what the differences are.

bickieditches

Aug 5, 2018
Every year around Black Friday I always think about picking up the newest Call of Duty, even though I haven't played one in years. Any deals on MW2 digital for Xbox? Saw a couple of physical deals floating around but nothing digi yet.

Didn't see a digital deal for it, but FWIW I ended up caving in last night and buying it. I haven't touched a COD since Black Ops 2 maybe a decade ago, and I will say it's honestly a ton of fun and brings back a ton of memories. Would recommend!

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA

• 65 or 70 inches
  • Available from Best Buy or Amazon for online purchase, ideally, but other stores are fine too
  • Best case it would be a Roku TV, but not too important, I think those are less common
  • Easily mountable
Any thoughts welcome.

I'm leaning towards thinking the 65' TCL 6-Series for $599 at BB is sufficient and topping them off with a nice soundbar.

The Hisense U8H is probably the best currently sub-$1000 TV available, but at $899 it won't leave you much room for a sound bar.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sku/6511974.p?skuId=6511974

Last edited:

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

• 65 or 70 inches
  • Easily mountable
Any thoughts welcome.

I've got the 2020 TCL 6-Series. I do like it a lot, but unless panels have changed, do be aware it's viewing range is suuuuuuper slim. Like, if I'd known back then just HOW slim, I would have saved a little longer and got something else. Mine is wall-mounted and in a small room, but I set off-center from the TV and colors are all off (black more gray, red almost just a super dark pink). Talking I'm only like a foot-and-a-half off-center horizontally. Picture is still great, I do still like it, but again, something to be aware of depending on their room setup/how many will be watching it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping someone drops the Steam version of Dying Light 2 down to $20 at some point this week. I saw the console version at that price but I'd rather have it on PC. That's the price I was waiting for.