Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
Just checked out after 90 minutes on hold with GameStop customer service. Used my $5 monthly on a $50 steam card and then they honored the $15 price error as a refund to my card so final price of $30 for a $50 steam card. YMMV

Screenshot if anyone needs it: https://imgur.io/qs0VkZv

Roblox, PSN, and XBL we're also discounted but not sure if they'll honor.

90 minutes sheesh. They sent me the wrong game (wrong order number on the slip) I've been on hold for 40 minutes now.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
the "new" copies of crash nsane trilogy and crash team racing i bought from gamestop ($17 each) were delivered today.

already opened of course -- i wish they would tell you beforehand so you have some choice in the matter -- obviously i would have preferred completely untouched shinkwrapped games instead of some store's display copy.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
the "new" copies crash nsane trilogy and crash team racing i bought from gamestop ($17 each) were delivered today.

already opened of course -- i wish they would tell you beforehand so you have some choice in the matter -- obviously i would have preferred completely untouched shinkwrapped games instead of some store's display copy.

I stopped buying from GameStop. Nearly every new game I was buying was used. Several scratched, some had "new" stickers slapped over the "preowned" stickers. That was enough for me. I was done.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
the "new" copies crash nsane trilogy and crash team racing i bought from gamestop ($17 each) were delivered today.

Ya, it's really irritating. Makes me not want to buy from them online knowing they can arrive like that. My recent order was exactly like that and the worst thing is if you return it and you paid for shipping, you lose out on the shipping costs. Fortunately, the trade in value was higher, but still having that gamble and knowing you can get an opened copy like that is making it so I'm probably not going to order anything else from them at least during this holiday season. Although I do have that credit that I need to use somehow...

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping for some surround sound speaker deals. It just hit me yesterday that I can never go above 55" for my TV since my speakers are so damn wide. They're decent Klipsch, but hoping to do some research and find good quality speakers that aren't the width of two PS5s.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped buying from GameStop. Nearly every new game I was buying was used. Several scratched, some had "new" stickers slapped over the "preowned" stickers. That was enough for me. I was done.

Same. Gamestop isn't worth bothering with. I don't care how good their deals are, I've had more bad experiences with them than good over the last decade and the final straw for me was a few years ago when an associate tried to slide disc warranties on my purchase without asking while buying a few games. I had a friend just last week who tried to a buy a copy of Plague Tale Requiem and they tried to give him an opened copy, so he went to Best Buy down the road instead. I just don't have the patience to deal with Gamestop's constant sketchy practices, poor customer service, and the way they force their employees to hound customers about preorders.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's there search not showing the right prices. I noticed it last night because a ton of games were showing up at insanely cheap prices until you added them to your cart.
This happens a lot with GS. If you click the item the product page will show you the actual price.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017

Ya, it's really irritating. Makes me not want to buy from them online knowing they can arrive like that. My recent order was exactly like that and the worst thing is if you return it and you paid for shipping, you lose out on the shipping costs. Fortunately, the trade in value was higher, but still having that gamble and knowing you can get an opened copy like that is making it so I'm probably not going to order anything else from them at least during this holiday season. Although I do have that credit that I need to use somehow...

with new releases it's not much of a gamble of getting a shinkwrapped copy but yeah i took the gamble on these and lost. oh well, at least the games work and i'm satisfied with the price.

is it so much trouble to call it what it actually is, which is used? i understand their reasoning of leaving a copy on the shelf and putting the game in a sleeve, behind the counter, but every other retailer on the planet has figured out the problem of displaying games on a shelf without resorting to what gamestop does

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea if you don't buy a game day 1 from Gamestop, you're gambling for sure, and sometimes even then...

Nonetheless, a deal is a deal, no other retailer is as easy to finesse lol

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
with new releases it's not much of a gamble of getting a shinkwrapped copy but yeah i took the gamble on these and lost. oh well, at least the games work and i'm satisfied with the price.

is it so much trouble to call it what it actually is, which is used? i understand their reasoning of leaving a copy on the shelf and putting the game in a sleeve, behind the counter, but every other retailer on the planet has figured out the problem of displaying games on a shelf without resorting to what gamestop does

If you list it as used then you would need to sell the game at a lower price and GameStop wants "new" prices for "used" copies.

ibandersnatch

Aug 26, 2018
90 minutes sheesh. They sent me the wrong game (wrong order number on the slip) I've been on hold for 40 minutes now.

Today was not the day, tons of website errors on top of regular high traffic and I'm sure short staffed.

Almost worth it to just return to a store and rebuy if you can.

Edit: I realized you can do multiple quotes, sorry for double post.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or are Switch game prices really bad this year. It feels like I was able to get a lot of stuff far cheaper last year.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Is it me or are Switch game prices really bad this year. It feels like I was able to get a lot of stuff far cheaper last year.
Last year Gamestop had some first party titles for $27.99, matched by Amazon. This year, the discounts are the usual 30% off that occurs every so often during the year. What makes it look even worse is that Sony has dropped some of their PS5 titles as low as $25-30.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
walmart delivered my $40 dualsense today -- but surprisingly it was a guy driving a normal car instead of any branded truck or some other delivery service like UPS or Fedex

i know amazon has been doing this for a while, but i never ordered enough from walmart to see that they also do it

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
walmart delivered my $40 dualsense today -- but surprisingly it was a guy driving a normal car instead of any branded truck or some other delivery service like UPS or Fedex

i know amazon has been doing this for a while, but i never ordered enough from walmart to see that they also do it

I made 2 orders with Walmart this week. They both came via private drivers like yours did. Guessing it is common for Walmart

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

They use Uber/Lyft to deliver products locally. As does other retailers such as Best Buy, Target and Apple, amongst others.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Did Walmart end that program where they paid some of their employees a little extra to deliver packages on their way home from work? I really hope so.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly we don't have a regular BF thread for non gaming, so maybe I'll get lucky here --

Anyone come across sales for comfy office chairs, preferably with a foot rest that comes with it separately? My dad uses 'em to watch TV, he likes the cushion it provides.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo

Im pretty sure that happens when they pull it off the shelf of your local store and send it with their grocery deliveries.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'm glad I remembered Link's Awakening for $30 at Walmart so I ordered that which is probably it for me unless there's a sale on Live a Live. I want the Quarry but I can wait until it gets cheaper. I managed to get Horizon Forbidden West and Kirby from Gamefly and Ultra Despair Girls on PSN so I'm set for a long while.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017

There's an app called Walmart spark where basically you make deliveries for them like Uber or Lyft but it's Walmart's own thing. They're the people that do the grocery deliveries and they also do some of the online orders. My brother does it to make money on the side.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
There's an app called Walmart spark where basically you make deliveries for them like Uber or Lyft but it's Walmart's own thing. They're the people that do the grocery deliveries and they also do some of the online orders. My brother does it to make money on the side.

Wait, so are you supposed to tip them?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

Walmart likes to pawn off their deliveries to services like UberEats. So they can pay those drivers less than the minimum wage that they would have to pay their own drivers. We get those "offers" all the time when we're out driving and they almost always terrible.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017

That's up to you. I'm not sure if the tips are part of online orders are only a part of the grocerie delivery. The way it works is you get to decide which delivery you want to take. You can see where it's getting delivered ,what's in the order and how much the person's tipping. You can see how much Walmart's paying for that delivery also. So like my brother he won't take apartment complexes because it's hard to get in and he doesn't want to walk up flight to stairs to deliver heavy things.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My NSO just expired, any BF deals on it or cheaper Eshop cards ?
Are you looking for the more expensive tier or basic? I have an extra slot on my basic family plan that I am trying to sell in the B/S/T thread and I think there might be someone selling a slot on the more expensive plan too

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Still hope someone surprises us with Odyssey tomorrow digitally at a good price.

I found a great deal on an iPad at GameStop for my wife and it says it delivered this morning. I wasn't home. It was signed for by some random signature. Waited on hold for close to 85 minutes with GameStop and they have to do their "investigation". I realize the shipping isn't their fault, this is on FedEx but if it's set for signature on delivery, how do they misdeliver this stuff? We had an issue in the past with UPS where the driver signed for a package and threw it at the bottom of our hill cause he didn't want to come up the hill, but this was with FedEx. I don't know if the driver signed for it or delivered it some where else. I'm beyond frustrated.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget Cyber Monday will also be a day of sales in a few days, sometimes in the past its been a better set of deals than "black friday".

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It's there search not showing the right prices. I noticed it last night because a ton of games were showing up at insanely cheap prices until you added them to your cart.

If you can help it, I strongly advise not to use GS's online store to order anything. I've been fucked over by them for Christmas gifts so many times that I will never go back to them.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

Bestbuy delivered something to me via Shipt and I didn't tip. Not sure about these other services.

Not sure why I have to tip delivery drivers when I would have been happy waiting another day or two and having it come via UPS or something. They didn't give me a choice of shipping carriers or anything.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
If you can help it, I strongly advise not to use GS's online store to order anything. I've been fucked over by them for Christmas gifts so many times that I will never go back to them.
It used to be a lot better. When they were getting rid of their ps2 stock I bought tons valuable games for dirt cheap. They tend to have incredible promotions like buy 5 get 50% off the entire cart. I was getting switch games for $10. I even got gears 5 for $2. It's recently that the site seems to have gone to hell.

Some of those deals they had last year was absurd

ugxRE3G.png

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Is it because they send used copies as new?

Not just that. Order delays and/or cancellations mainly. I ordered stuff for my son and god-daughter that were ordered on black Friday and they didn't even tell me it was cancelled until 3 days before Christmas. This was after numerous attempts to contact their customer service center, and I couldn't cancel my order because they said it had already been shipped which was a big lie.

One of the times an order did go through, I received a used game for the price of a new one.

SSS1223

"This guy are sick"
Jul 9, 2022
Not just that. Order delays and/or cancellations mainly. I ordered stuff for my son and god-daughter that were ordered on black Friday and they didn't even tell me it was cancelled until 3 days before Christmas. This was after numerous attempts to contact their customer service center, and I couldn't cancel my order because they said it had already been shipped which was a big lie.

One of the times an order did go through, I received a used game for the price of a new one.
Ahh, that makes sense, thanks for the info.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Dark Souls 2 and 3 with MS rewards points and my wife got me elden ring for Christmas. I think that's it for me this year.