• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Thanks for the info. Good that it was easier to fix at least. Doesnt the Switch Lite have modular analog sticks as well by the way? Just checking quickly at the iFixIt teardown, it seems that the analog sticks can be changed.
They are super easy to replace, the problem is finding good joysticks
On the normal one, on the lite its prob harder since joycons can't be detached

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
That sucks OP, if it makes you feel any better Nintendo has had my 2 sets of joycons for almost 2 weeks and still haven't sent them back to me.

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Drift as its used with the original joycons as a moniker is representative of a specific design flaw. You can't just slap 2.0 on the name and use it without expect people to then say "that isn't drift" because its not the same thing. It's not the same thing, its similar in the symptoms but the actual design flaw that is "drift" and this are different things.

You have a flawed hardware from the factory, return it and get a new one.

That's not how it works, stick drift was a thing before the joycons, it's not something exclusive to the Switch and it's a description of a specific faulty behavior of the sticks registering ghost inputs (controlling character/camera/etc keeps going in a previously inputted direction even when the stick is released and has physically re-centered), not a name for Nintendo's way of building the Joycon's analog sticks.

You can witness drift in the last 15 seconds of the video (more or less).

That sucks OP, if it makes you feel any better Nintendo has had my 2 sets of joycons for almost 2 weeks and still haven't sent them back to me.

It really doesn't, I'm sorry for you too mate :/

You really just have yourself to blame

I know, thanks

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
ya being able to swap the joy cons out is one of the reasons why i opted to get a regular switch. drift drives me insane. and not being able to do anything about it is a big deal breaker

sorry to hear op.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm sticking to my massive, heavy regular Switch even though I never dock it because at least I can buy new joycons if they start to drift (again). Nintendo is really the worst with the premium priced garbage hardware.

OP
OP
Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Living in Brazil I don't feel like rolling the dice with a Switch. How disappointing, this could be the first Nintendo console I won't have.

If you want to roll the dice it'd be better doing it with a Fat 2019 model. If I were you I'd do it only if you're versed a bit in opening electronics so that if you need to swap an analog stick for a new one you know how to do that. Unless you plan on playing it mainly docked? If that is the case I'd get one and a 3rd party controller.