• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Valorent servers were down too apparently. That were the onr I noticed people complaining about when I checked Twitter

Also Shopify, I noticed myself

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Wish it would go down for longer. Nazi-supporting shithole of a service.

Feb 16, 2022
Era is the only one that's been going up and down for me, for the last 20-30 minutes. Even just now it went down again for a few minutes.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it might have been because we finally reached the 50,000,000th post and Resetera's journey had ended.

snesiscool

Feb 15, 2018
I was playing Ensemble Stars and trying to start Valorant. I had paused Enstars in the middle of a song to start Val, but Val kept complaining that it couldn't contact its servers. So I finished the song I was playing and Enstars errored out too. Thankfully service for both games was restored pretty quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
I was in the middle of a late night order with DoorDash and browsing Era and thought my whole internet was knocked out lol. It's a sign.

Oct 27, 2017
Is Cloudfare related to "nginx"? That's what was showing when resetera, Crunchyroll, Uniqlo and a deals website were all down for me a few moments ago.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
It

is kinda fucked that so many disparate services and websites have a single point of failure.

Cloudflare is pretty much the best in the biz as far as i understand it, so it's expected that many apps depend on it. Kind of like AWS.

But regardless this is kind of the nature of the beast. Things are much better for everyone with centralized services that specialize in one thing and are able to quickly recover if things are down. If everyone had to do their own implementations of the things Cloudflare handles we'd see a lot more outages, just not shared by multiple platforms.