• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Floor Kids looks dope as hell and I've had my eye on Slain for some time. Grabbing both of those at the very least.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like Riptide on mobile. Hopefully this will be a good port, because I'm itching for a Wave Race like game.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Might double dip on Sexy Brutale. Other than that, maybe Phantom Breakers if it has single-screen co-op.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
I've played Slain, the Back from Hell. I would buy it again just to play it conveniently wherever I am in the house.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of games. I haven't even finished Golf Story and I haven't even picked up Steamworld Dig 2 or Battle Chef Brigade yet.

Nintendo eShop: Simultaneously too many releases and too strict policy on releases(TM)

Also if it's not mega-indie game, it's labeled as 'shovelware.'

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I want to pick up Riptide. I don't know enough about most of the others. I'm excited for next week and Never Stop Sneakin'

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
are any of these new games or are all 22 ports?
9 parchments is I believe a timed exclusive, Floor Kids is so far Switch exclusive, Never Stop Sneakin is so far Switch exclusive, don't know about the others, might be more

When I say here exclusive I mean they are brand new and I haven't seen an announcement yet for other platforms, not that they have been declared officially this way

Last edited:

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I still remember the long dry Wii U years of waiting forever for something decent to play. It's crazy how much things have changed with the Switch.

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
What's the point of make this kind of comments??

Did you own a Wii U? I did. And it had plenty of indie support. Several of those games weren't very good. The point of my comment was seriously asking if this sudden influx of games are actually quality experiences or not. Eshop ratings don't exist anymore. I personally don't recognize many of the titles. It's a legit question. 22 new titles in the eShop. So, are they shovelware or quality experiences? Or are we getting Meme Run / Blok Drop U / The Letter type of titles? Those 3 were all on Wii U. I'm sorry if my question about quality control came off as snarky. I just don't consider "more" to automatically be "better," especially when apparently decent titles like RIME seem to be poor experiences on the device.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool information and graphs. But are we getting mostly shovelware?
Shovelware seems a bit harsh, but it certainly does feel like the Switch is being flooded by mediocrity right now.

It's a shame when you see some truly great games get lost in the crowd too. Splasher is a great platformer. Not just a good one. A great one. It's on sale this week for $12 for those that are looking for a game that deserves your money.

I really like Riptide on mobile. Hopefully this will be a good port, because I'm itching for a Wave Race like game.
Even if it was a phenomenal port it would still be a very average racer. It's been out on other platforms for years.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I highly recommend the Sexy Brutal. Original, well thought out and fun.

You are tasked with stopping murders, you stalk the victims to gain information on how things play out then you rewind time and apply a strategy to prevent the events from folding, if you fail you can rewind time and with what you learned create a new strategy and try again.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
What's the point of make this kind of comments??

Because it's a legitimate concern, especially after they allowed a free mobile game to be $10 with WORSENED microtransaction crap on the store already.

I know Tennis in the Face is just a really bad flash/mobile game that somehow keeps getting ported around. Idk about the rest though.

oldmangamer

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Because it's a legitimate concern, especially after they allowed a free mobile game to be $10 with WORSENED microtransaction crap on the store already.

I know Tennis in the Face is just a really bad flash/mobile game that somehow keeps getting ported around. Idk about the rest though.
I thought Tennis in the Face was fun...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

That was NCL not NOA though, and a friendly company with a standing relationship

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what, Riptide GP was announced?

Switch is becoming the Steam of indies, it's already becoming over-saturated.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'd be a dangerous man with a few hundred pounds worth of eshop credits. Quite a few interesting little games ideal for journeys.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to nine parchment and floor kids, otherwise this is a cool down month besides xenoblade so I can work on getting more stuff paid off

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd rather have too many games than too little. The lack of apps sunk webOS, Windows Phone and other obscure phone OSes.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing I'm interested in if I'm honest. E-shop wise I just want Tiny Metal and Enter the Gungeon to release.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering when Enter the Gungeon will get release. Never played it, but plan to get it for Switch.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped 60 hours into the PC version of Enter the Gungeon and will gladly buy it again on Switch the day it's out. Really hoping it still makes its December window.

It's a really good game. Didn't play it nearly as much as I'd have liked on PS4, and for the longest time I was hoping for a Vita version. Switch will do nicely though. Last time I checked they were insistent on it still dropping in 2017.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slain is a game I've wanted to play since I first saw it, the sprites are bananas.

But it seems like it's mediocre at best, even after they "fixed" it. Too scared to find out for myself.

SJPN

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be buying Gunbird, for sure.

Man, can we just take to a moment to reflect on how 2017 has been an awesome year for shmups, with the Switch leading the way.

Finally got non-Fighting Neo Geo games released on PS4/Switch, so the likes of Pulstar, Last Restort, Zedblade, Aero Fighters 2 and Blazing Star have been released, plus these Psikyo releases like Gunbird, Gunbarich and Strikers 1954, as well as Western release of Battle Garegga on PS4. So good.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Human Fall Flat is a ton of fun, especially with friends.
It's basically a giant physics based sandbox with lots of interesting puzzles.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I'd fully recommend Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive. It's a well balanced brawler with a nice progression / skill tree system. I've got it on Steam and I'll definitely double dip.

I'd honestly put it on par with the Scott Pilgrim brawler from the PS360 gen, it just doesn't resemble River City Ransom. If you were ever a fan of brawlers/beat-em-ups, it's worth the $9.99.