• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
22 games over four days, from Tuesday to Friday:

Tuesday, December 5th
Wednesday, December 6th
Thursday, December 7th
Friday, December 8th
For comparison's sake, we had 10 new games on launch week (from just March 3 to 4) and 8 the week after. The second biggest week for the system was from September 24 to 30 when we had 18 games. This trumps all of that.

I pulled the information from my own Switch schedule thread. Here are the numbers graphed, week by week:

schedulevspjn.jpg

This train ain't stopping anytime soon.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of any of these except WWE. Human Fall Flat looks nice though.

Oct 29, 2017
All aboard the Vita 2.0 train, choo choo!

In all seriousness, it's taken the spot that the Vita had which was the home for small, weird, interesting games. Glad to see developers giving it support.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone want to sell me on one of these? I'm curious if any of them previewed well.

The Sexy Brutale is a clever if a little short puzzle/adventure/point-and-click game, very reminiscent of Ghost Trick Phantom Detective, if you've ever played that game (probably not). Definitely a quality game.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I know maybe two of those games. I hope the Switch store won't end up looking like previous eShops at the end of the cycle. So much filler.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only found out that The Sexy Brutale was coming to Switch today, but I'm excited. I'll be picking it up on Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
When is that online shooter that has players bodies shrinking and enlargening coming out? Thought it would be this year on Switch?

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
It's the steam problem for me. A few of those games are great, but will get lost in th crowd.

MagiKestral24

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to sell me on one of these? I'm curious if any of them previewed well.

Sexy Brutale is based on a majora's mask time system in which you have to solve puzzles, Human Fall Flat is a Gang Beasts-esque physics based 3D platformer, and Teslagrad is a beautiful 2D platformer. All three got good to amazing reviews, and I can recommend them all. I'm sure there's gems other than those (9 parchments looks nice), but those are the ones I have experience with.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking at the Sexy Brutale on PS4 a couple of months back. Totally forgot about it. Switch version it is!!

Cool information and graphs. But are we getting mostly shovelware?
a ton of great games on there (check MC). the worst that can be said is that the really good ones are ports from consoles where they've been around for a couple months or years.

Though scoring Nine Parchments as a timed console exclusive is definitely solid.

Oct 26, 2017
TouchBattleTankSP is news to me, it also seems to be localized by Silver Star themselves for the first time ever, rather than Circle or the still MIA Agetec.

Great thread idea BTW! Honestly wouldn't mind weekly threads so these don't get lost in the shuffle.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Next week is building a decent lineup of indie games too.

Yooka-Laylee, Never Stop Sneakin, Bleed, Unepic, The End is Nigh, Poly Bridge.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not shovelware, but games which released on other consoles years ago.

And really, not even particularly good ones. Not all neccessarily terrible, but a lot of "bundle fodder"

Sexy Brutale is the only real standout (and possibly Nine Parchments). Riptide isn't bad in a "good for its mobile origins" way.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Uhm, except most of these are actually good to very good games
By all means, I believe you and it's good everyone has a lot of little good gems to play but it's just, I'm really snobby with games and I hate browsing through 10 carbon copies of other popular games every page to find something worthwhile. It's so greedy of me to say, but I wish there were less "merely good" games lol.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
And really, not even particularly good ones.

Sexy Brutale is the only real standout (and possibly Nine Parchments). Riptide isn't bad in a "good for its mobile origins" way.
ehh... I'd say Teslagrad, Slain, Nine Parchments and Gunbird are all pretty notable. Human Fall Flat also looks really good.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
The eShop is turning into a dumping ground of software a bit too quickly. It's not quite Steam levels of bad yet but the Wii U and 3DS eShops are absolutely inundated with trash and I was hopeful the Switch eShop wouldn't get that bad so quickly.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ehh... I'd say Teslagrad, Slain, Nine Parchments and Gunbird are all pretty notable. Human Fall Flat also looks really good.

Slain is pretty, but even after the patching I would hesitate to call it a good game. It's okayish? It's certainly BETTER than when it launched, at least. Teslagrad I found bland. Gunbird I haven't played so will give you that.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The eShop is turning into a dumping ground of software a bit too quickly. It's not quite Steam levels of bad yet but the Wii U and 3DS eShops are absolutely inundated with trash and I was hopeful the Switch eShop wouldn't get that bad so quickly.

Well, that hasn't happened yet. There is very little "trash" on the Switch eShop as of now. It's not comparable to 3DS or Wii U at all.

Oct 26, 2017
Slain: Back from Hell is one of my favorite action games on Steam. It's (somewhat justly) overlooked because the devs released it in a bad state and it reviewed poorly. The 'Back from Hell' subtitle was added upon its greatly improved re-release. It's for fans of Classicvania games, and plays comparably to Odallus or Volgarr. Big emphasis on parrying attacks.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I have heard too many good things about Sexy Brutale to ignore it. Might wait a few months until I'm not so inundated with games to play, though.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still, 22 games in one week is just too much. Anyone looking to have their game stand out on a recent releases page is fucked.

Not sure what Nintendo can do then. There's another thread on this site talking about how NoA is curating too much. I tend to agree with that viewpoint a bit more, but both points are worth discussing.

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
I need some reviews to understand what this "floor kids" is.

I want it even if I can't really understand the gameplay... the "choose your style" approach scares me. I hope it's a clever rhythm game