• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

- Online multiplayer planned for later (so you'll be able to make multiplayer games, like Battle Royale games for instance)
- You can create 100 levels on 1 map, and you can put 4 maps in one (that's a lot of levels)
- Compatible with PSVR at launch
- keyboard supported not mouse
- Dreams is 60fps (unlocked so the more shit you got on screen, the less fps you got)
- fun fact: Peter Molyneux played LBP before it was even revealed and said "it's too ambitious"
- MP will be 4 players, maybe 8 (no release window as to when it'll release)
- You can level up in Dreams
- Beta still planned for this year

Last edited:

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
- Online multiplayer planned for later (so you'll be able to make multiplayer games, like Battle Royale games for instance)
- You can create 100 levels on 1 map, and you can put 4 maps in one (that's a lot of levels)
- Dreams is 60fps (unlocked so the more shit you got on screen, the less fps you got)
- fun fact: Peter Molyneux played LBP before it was even revealed and said "it's too ambitious"

Edit: that's about it for me (there are probably more interesting things but those were the ones that stood up for me).

Last edited:

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might have been their best rapid fire interview yet. Very funny too. They say Beta is still this year and anything made will carry over to the full game.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
If you making a level for VR you have to complete the level yourself before you can publish it.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the questions was about favourite games. WipEout was mentioned. Questions asked 'Can you make it?' and the answer was 'YEAH!!'

FUCK!!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
They game has levels and you can search for level 90 animators or whatever.

No level cap.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017

Edit: that's about it for me (there are probably more interesting things but those were the ones that stood up for me).
Autoquote to let people know I'm done with the interesting bits I noted.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
That was a really fun watch. Dreams sounds fantastic and know I'll be blown away with what the community creates but I'm sad I have no artistic skills at all.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
I find the "sub 30 fps if you cram too much into the level" a bit concerning. Couldn't they design it so that levels like that can't be published? Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but many people will go for maximum eyecandy and won't care about framerate at all, so we might end up with a lot of choppy levels while dream-surfing.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the cover in motion at the end:
tenor.gif

I find the "sub 30 fps if you cram too much into the level" a bit concerning. Couldn't they design it so that levels like that can't be published? Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but many people will go for maximum eyecandy and won't care about framerate at all, so we might end up with a lot of choppy levels while dream-surfing.
He mentioned levels can be downvoted, so if a level has a crappy fps I doubt you will be able to find it.

Last edited:

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Having a game under 30 fps could be an artistic decision. What if I wanted to make a stop-motion claymation style game; should I not be allowed to publish it because I'm not taking advantage of some users' hyper-refresh rate TV?

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017

LittleBigPlanet was like that and it worked out exactly as they described it here. A Creator can load up the engine to where it's chugging.
it's up to you to decide how much you care about that, and if the result is worth it the performance hit.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that's where levels being rated comes into play. If a level has shit framerate I doubt it'll get good reviews.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Dreams |OT| Brain Fluff

"We don't crunch at Media Molecule, that's too 90's" Every other Worldwide Studio is watching like "WHAT THE FUCK?!"