• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Giving this a bit of a bump since it's super cool, lots of games popped up that I didn't expect (Trails of Cold Steel 2, PlayStation All Stars).

Guess the PSP and Vita officially just never happened at this point tho

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I notice The Order 1886 did not get featured for its one second.

That's not because it's a bad game, it's because they did not want to give half the story away.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Some serious nostalgia during that PS1 segment. I'm glad that they included some of the not-so-obvious games during that era that still found some measure of success and (for me) helped define the console. Rollcage and Fear Effect were fucking ace and don't nearly get the respect they deserve.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Whoa, this video surely triggered a lot of good memories. Playstation consoles always have such amazing libraries.

dom

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No Demon's Souls lol
Unless 2:54 is. Didn't catch it the first time

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Thanks for sharing. Loved seeing some of these games make the vid. Klonoa on ps2 is such an underrated gem.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I wish they had the clips in chronological order. It was wierd seeing Final Fantasy VIII before Final Fantasy VII or Metal Gear Solid 3 before Metal Gear Solid 2.

Other than that, amazing video!

LemonLime

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
they remembered Viewtiful Joe... and Klonoa!!! (two of my all time favorite series that I would do anything to revive)

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Soul Reaver! Yess <3 saw some Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel in there too. And Nioh.

Such a cool video.

Apr 24, 2018
Great video and really dug the music. Saw some games that I really liked that I certainly never expected to see here which was nice.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
That's a really nice video.

I'd love a mashup though where music from all games changes from one to the other with quotes from each game. Would be a massive undertaking but would be nostalgic as hell

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dude. I'm fucking old.

Cool video, nostalgia kicked in immediately. What a wild ride. On to the next one!

EPaul

Oct 30, 2017
PS1 start up sound still gives me goosebumps to this day. Remember having a 16 hour gaming sessions

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Grandia, both Silent Hills, Lunar SSS, Vagrant story, Chono cross...
Nostalgia overload

Nice surprise to see Trails of cold steel included.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Don't miss this! This is so much more than just Playstation and this is such a great video, really shows the evolution of gaming. And this is just 25 years, I wish someone did a video like this from the Atari days to the Commodore days to the arcades and forward. I started gaming in the early 80s but I'm sure some guys here have lived through it all.

Oct 28, 2017
In retrospect, this gen has really been amazing. The emergence of indies, etc really made the PS4 section of this video feel more congruous with the creativity and genre diversity of the PS1/2 gens than the PS3/360 era.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
No legend of dragoon but let's put a bunch of sports games there.

fucking fail PlayStation access.......pathetic

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This video really highlights the enormous jump in fidelity from PS2 to PS3 generation, godamn. Great video.