• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

On March 25, 1994, Bethesda Game Studios invited players to embark on a journey to the fantastical world of Tamriel.

25 years later, we still walk the path of The Elder Scrolls - now joined by tens of millions of incredible fans like you.
This week, we invite you to join us in celebrating the 25th Anniversary of The Elder Scrolls and the community that has made Tamriel their home with a whole quest log's worth of special gifts, sales and more!

https://bethesda.net/en/article/zTLJdDWzVy0Ak7SMatqNG/celebrate-25-years-of-the-elder-scrolls

edit:
Morrowind is now free until the 31st.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This reminds me I need to delete Quake Champions and the Elder Scrolls cars game from my Beth Launcher. I don't even play em.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me I need to delete Quake Champions and the Elder Scrolls cars game from my Beth Launcher. I don't even play em.

18665-2-1339526695.jpg

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
If you haven't played Morrowind yet, do it. Amazing game. Just one thing so you don't get confused: Hit or miss is calculated like in those old school topdown RPGs, so if you miss even though your weapon clearly connects, check your stamina/skill value.

Oct 28, 2017
If you play Morrowind, my biggest piece of advice is to keep your stamina high in combat and HOLD your attack button until you fully raise the weapon, then release. This will increase your ability to hit enemies and you won't just be playing invisible whack-a-mole.

Otherwise, the game is a fucking beauty.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't played Morrowind yet, do it. Amazing game. Just one thing so you don't get confused: Hit or miss is calculated like in those old school topdown RPGs, so if you miss even though your weapon clearly connects, check your stamina/skill value.

And a hint for easy start: Redguard character with combat specialization and long blade as major skill. This allows 50 starting value for long-blade, enough each hit is guaranteed as long as you have max stamina (and incidentally Redguards do well on that part as well...).
Alternatively Wood Elf with stealth spec and marksman as major skill for ranged combat.
With easy to hit at the beginning, the skills raise quickly and you'll get more leeway on "spending" stamina for running or whatever.

Of course, Morrowind is old enough one shouldn't start it without some mods: Specifically Code Patch (has various useful optional features along with many engine bug fixes) and some unofficial patch, such as Patch for Purists for comprehensive and simple bug fix collection.

If you play Morrowind, my biggest piece of advice is to keep your stamina high in combat and HOLD your attack button until you fully raise the weapon, then release. This will increase your ability to hit enemies and you won't just be playing invisible whack-a-mole.

Otherwise, the game is a fucking beauty.
Actually, holding attack does nothing to hit chance. Instead, it increases damage. For example, if a weapon has 1-10 as its damage value, single click causes 1 damage on hit, while holding until the weapon's fully drawn back and then releasing deals 10 damage. At least nominally, this is further modified by strength for melee weapons (50 being no modifier, less than that reduces damage and more than 50STR increases damage)

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, holding attack does nothing to hit chance. Instead, it increases damage. For example, if a weapon has 1-10 as its damage value, single click causes 1 damage on hit, while holding until the weapon's fully drawn back and then releasing deals 10 damage. At least nominally, this is further modified by strength for melee weapons (50 being no modifier, less than that reduces damage and more than 50STR increases damage)

Holding it causes you to move slower, therefore wasting less stamina. It helps you mentally manage combat better than just doing dumb clicky spamfests that drain your characters stamina reserves to hell and back. Just mentally reconfiguring peoples approach to combat.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holding it causes you to move slower, therefore wasting less stamina. It helps you mentally manage combat better than just doing dumb clicky spamfests that drain your characters stamina reserves to hell and back. Just mentally reconfiguring peoples approach to combat.
Eh, holding weapon doesn't affect movement speed at all actually. People usually stop when doing that though.
Actually makes high-speed spear-wielding character highly hilarious playstyle, true hit and run (spears have increased attack range compared to most other weapons).

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I redeemed the code but it doesn't show up in my transaction history. Does it only show in the launcher?

AceAlli

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have mod support? Clicking on Mods in the Bethesda launcher only shows me Skyrim and Fallout mods, but I feel like I can't be looking hard enough.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Does this game have mod support? Clicking on Mods in the Bethesda launcher only shows me Skyrim and Fallout mods, but I feel like I can't be looking hard enough.
Probbaly no official support by Bethesda, but there are tons of mods for this game elsewhere. I'm dying to know what the good mods are as well.
The Unofficial Morrowind patch is essential, folks. There are others i might be forgetting though.
Will look into this!

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Unofficial Morrowind patch is essential, folks. There are others i might be forgetting though.
Code Patch. Perhaps even more important than unoffical patch (recommend Patch for Purists because it bundles most bug fixes into one package), given that it fixes engine bugs and a lot of crash causing issues, among other fixes and features.
The game's own launcher (in its installation location) has plugin menu.
That said, the plugin menu lacks mod ordering option, so you may want Wrye Mash or other tool for that, if you intent to use many mods.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
So is this the OG game, no updates for modern PCs? I still have my original boxed copy.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Download the Bethesda launcher? Lol nice try guys. Still have my discs, and i think i bought a copy on steam. Free ESO is slick though, the game is really good

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I can't even remember if i have an account with them. Can I still get it even if I'm on mobile only today?

Edit: can't download launcher, but its forced for transaction to complete? So I guess I can't add game to account and download later?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I redeemed on mobile so couldn't download launcher. Went into account transactions and didnt see game listed. I tried to use code again and it already says its been used.
I have no idea how it works, but if it says you used the code, it should be there on the launcher. I guess their customer service will have a lot of that.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I thought they were giving away ESO Morrowind and I was excited to go back in, but alas it is real Morrowind. Great game but I already have.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I redeemed on mobile so couldn't download launcher. Went into account transactions and didnt see game listed. I tried to use code again and it already says its been used.
You should be fine. After I did this I fired up the launcher and it was listed in My Library.

edit: changed my games to My Library for clarification

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't log into bethesda.net, the site or the app. Even created a new account, and am still getting the incorrect name or password error. Straight broken.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For those playing Morrowind for the first time, the early game may not be easy to adopt. However, if you stick with it, it's a fantastic RPG.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks Bethesda! Your site is borked so I guess you lose nothing by giving shit away to people who can't sign up to collect it.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Even Bethesda's client and code redeemer is buggy af.

Login on client and it's all just black, except the top toolbar.
Copy and paste code in. Get Invalid code. Enter you code exactly, including hyphens.

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, to get the game, once you log in, you need to use the code "TES25TH-MORROWIND" to activate the game.

May 26, 2018
I can't even connect to the bethesda servers lol

must be getting slammed by everyone wanting to play morrowind

edit: it doesn't even let you know the servers are down on the website - as opposed to the launcher. It just tells you your login info is wrong. This must be driving a lot of people crazy who don't know about the status of the servers.

Last edited: