• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Morrowind is easily the greatest of the elder scrolls games. It's been downhill since then. What I wouldn't give to play through it again for the first time

Prevolition

Oct 27, 2017
Morrowind is easily the greatest of the elder scrolls games. It's been downhill since then. What I wouldn't give to play through it again for the first time
Me too. I wouldn't even want a remake with updated assets - 4k is great but I'd rather just experience it for the first time again in all its original glory.

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That elder scrolls art have a high res version somewhere? Would be cool as a desktop

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Me too. I wouldn't even want a remake with updated assets - 4k is great but I'd rather just experience it for the first time again in all its original glory.
Have you tried Tamriel Rebuilt which build in mainland Morrowind? It has as much depth as, if not more than, the base game. Their latest release last year, Old Ebonheart is the best city that's been in any Elder Scroll game in my worthless opinion.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Same issues here. Couldn't log on earlier, now code isn't valid. Bethesda seemingly can't even give away something for free right now without some sort of screw up.

CharMomone

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to redeem it as a backup incase my physical cd's failed, but I think I'll just take my chances with disc rot instead.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
bthsda.png

Bethesda is currently under heavy load. Their site is gradually recovering and the code redemption page is currently offline. Check back later before EOD today.

Source

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

This art is amazing, cool they're showing all of the towers the PCs fucked up throughout the games that will eventually doom the entire world.

If you're interested in playing ESO, don't sleep on that free to play period the game is amazing and only gets better.

Prevolition

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. A remake would just fuck it up with POI compass and quest markers and fast travel
Ha, everything that would take out the magic of exploration.

Have you tried Tamriel Rebuilt which build in mainland Morrowind? It has as much depth as, if not more than, the base game. Their latest release last year, Old Ebonheart is the best city that's been in any Elder Scroll game in my worthless opinion.
I like the looks of this. Will definitely download, thanks!

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Invalid code here too. And they wonder why nobody on PC wants to leave the comfy embrace of Steam.

JMTF

Aug 27, 2018
Yo, try logging on the launcher, it worked for me, but says the code is invalid.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Bethesda going to Bethesda, I guess. It's a shame as I've never playing Morrowind, but have always wanted to give it a try.

Guess I'll take this opportunity to post this somewhat related classic:

1446753102360.png

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
So, whenever I open up the launcher, I'm met with whatever the fuck this is. Never had a window be diagonally cut in half, rotated to the left, and totally inverted!
YItKKkU.png

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm code worked for me, my god I installed Bethesda Launcher for something, finally, heh :)

Any good overhaul mods out there that make Morrowind more modern looking?

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Oh, Morrowind.
Maybe it's time for me to actually beat that game.

I think it's genuinely brilliant. Possibly my favorite wrpg. But every time I go back to it, I wonder... Is this movement speed normal? Or is my computer just fucking with me? And yes, I know there are mods. It's just hard for me to live my life with the belief that Bethesda thought that was okay.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Morrowind is my favourite elder scrolls game, be wary it can be tough to start. Unlike other games where you leave the starting dungeon with basic gear, in Morrowind you start with only the clothes on your back and whatever you can steal from the imperial census office.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, Morrowind.
Maybe it's time for me to actually beat that game.

I think it's genuinely brilliant. Possibly my favorite wrpg. But every time I go back to it, I wonder... Is this movement speed normal? Or is my computer just fucking with me? And yes, I know there are mods. It's just hard for me to live my life with the belief that Bethesda thought that was okay.

The density of dungeons in the world map is very high compared to later games. Making the PC super slow was a design decision to counter act this.

On the plus side once you level up acrobatics and athletics you become hilariously fast.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Since they fucked up the key redemption system, Morrowind is now free until Sunday 31.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Nice. I didn't have the game in my Bethesda account, so just got it. Quite possibly my favorite RPG.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
I'll ask here. Is anyone else having a problem where the screen shifts to the left in perspective when running the game in full screen (as if using the ALT-GR + Left Arrow command)? If I try to correct it with the same method, it crashes my game. Window mode works fine.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Is this version not compatible with MGE XE mod? After installing the mod, I just get the message "The application was Unable to start correctly"