• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile in Arizona...

g8h4bgi.jpg

We just getting started too. It'll be 115+ in a couple months.

Yea, but it's a DRY HEAT.

/s

Oct 27, 2017
Gunna be 32* today, or 90F. Im in Northern California. My city gets as high as 47* or 118F. AC unit sucks too, but at least its a dry heat.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It was pretty nice having fantastic summer-like weather for the easter weekend. It'll only last for a couple more days in southern Germany

AfUAlsx.png

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
We don't understand these numbers over here in Europe! 🧐😎

We have an AC in our office, impossible to work and concentrate if it gets really hot.

Not at home though, I don't want to make things worse if possible.
  1. I mean, you could look at the title and at least make a pretty good guess.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
The UK just had the hottest Easter on record. This coming off the back of the hottest February on record. Last year we had the hottest Summer on record.

I went and checked the Met Office data, and it looks like temperatures are trending up across the board. Most people haven't really noticed yet, because it's happening quite gradually, but the data is all there.

I'm not some kind of climate scientist, but I think something is going on and they're trying to hide it from us.

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Why isn't the government doing anything? Is this some kind of cover up?

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish things were at 27°C here. 30°+ is the norm, unfortunately. I bought myself an A/C though, fuck living in this heat.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The UK just had the hottest Easter on record. This coming off the back of the hottest February on record. Last year we had the hottest Summer on record.

I went and checked the Met Office data, and it looks like temperatures are trending up across the board. Most people haven't really noticed yet, because it's happening quite gradually, but the data is all there.

I'm not some kind of climate scientist, but I think something is going on and they're trying to hide it from us.

Why isn't anyone talking about this? Why isn't the government doing anything? Is this some kind of cover up?
Global warming is consistently talked about in German media tbh

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
2335 and I still have the fan running. It's comfortable, but at this time of night it's bullshit and will only get worse when summer rolls around. Asked my landlord about AC and it requires planning permission and a noisy box for which I have no space.

I'll just have to deal with not running my PC (5820k is a toasty CPU) all summer, and spending time elsewhere :( It would be awfully nice to live somewhere on a tube line with AC, but it's basically just the unreliable District and basically-not-in-London Metropolitan.

Oct 26, 2017
So and now we have 11°c in Vienna. April being April. Yesterday was hot, today it's chilly. But oh no, let's over react to some normal weather.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
The global economy is built on extraction and usage of fossil fuels and overspending every other natural or unnatural material in the planet which in turn makes the global temperature go up too fast which in turn is killing nature and animals and in the end, us

All this is done with borrowed money that is never intented to be paid back while the gap between the richest and poorest gets unproportionally wider and wider thanks to globalization

But yeah, its nice and sunny outside

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
It's been above 20 all week here in Geneva, bonkers.

Hope it's not a dry year again... rivers may become impassable.

Groundwater is still suboptimal here... rivers may actually be a big problem for construction work. Raw materials for concrete are always delivered over water. I heard a transport guy on the radio last year who said it took like 30/40 trucks to replace one barge. Thats obviously also an environmental and traffic issue. And the factories are not suited for truck deliveries.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
15*C and promising even warmer for tomorrow here, near the Arctic. Kinda bonkers for April.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This is nothing out of the ordinary, a few hot days are pretty common during spring. They're already predicting lower temps and rain for the rest of the week.

But everything's still pretty dry: I fear we're going to have another ridiculously warm and dry summer.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
yup, spain was colder than most of germany last weekend. The baleares even had some rain.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've just resigned myself to the fact that we now have 2 seasons instead of 4: Summer and Overcast/mild.

You know on nature programmes where there's an antelope or something being chewed on by a lion and you can see it's just given up in the knowledge that struggling would only prolong the misery - that's me with the hot weather now.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
The heat wouldn't be a problem, if it was actually dry heat. Nothing worse than heat + high humidity. Even today at 19°C it's at 38%, which is just baaaaaad.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Last few years has the weirdest I've ever seen weather wise. Although we usually have a warm Easter(just not this warm) and then shit summer, dunno if it's confirmed that is global warming really starting to hit or it's just weird shit. If I was to guess it would be the former but I'm no scientist.

Copper

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Individuals are nowhere near the main contributors to climate change. That is the massive corporations that refuse, as always, to take any responsibility.

Nice thought, but no. You having a car, eating meat, and buying things from all over the world is the primary driver of CO2. You may argue "that's capitalism" but yeah, people buying things is the main issue. Wealth is created by Energy.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
The last summer over here was outrageous and it started exactly like this - with a very warm April. Can any of the meteorologists on Era tell me if a warm spring is pedictive of a hot summer? Are these events linked? 2018's summer killed me. 5 months of 27 to 38 degrees Celsius, nice joke.
Theres absolutely nothing strange about that lol

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I really hope it doesn't get as bad as it was last year. It was so unbearable and lasted for so long. Thank god I had bought a fan in time at least.
I am really envious of people who aren't bothered by it.

HarryHengst

Oct 27, 2017
Nice thought, but no. You having a car, eating meat, and buying things from all over the world is the primary driver of CO2. You may argue "that's capitalism" but yeah, people buying things is the main issue. Wealth is created by Energy.
No. Dont parrot the corporate lines that they are innocent and just deliver what consumers want. Corporations are responsible for actively working against any measures to prevent climate change. Corporations are responsible for supporting people like Trump with massive amounts of funds. Corporations were in active collusion to spread lies about climate change.

Can individuals do things? Sure. But the blame is 99% corporations by now.