• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... These are leaks of Paul Manaforts daughters texts? If it's Paul Manafort's texts, that's one thing, I don't like leaking private stuff like that, but at least he's a public figure involved in government and... whatever, if he's on a campaign he needs to take security more seriously. But, if this is his daughter's texts and its of her struggling with her mother and father's sexual relationship? I'm not comfortable with this and I think it's wrong.

If Manafort is forcing his wife to have sex with other men against her will for his sexual gratification, it's some sort of forcible rape/abuse and it's very wrong. But that doesn't make hacking Paul Manafort's daughters texts and leaking them something I feel comfortable with either. I don't think I'm willing to share in the shadenfreud about this if that's how they got out.

If she's involved in Trumps campaign or Manafort's business or something, w/e it's sketchy but w/e they're working in some sort of public capacity, but I don't know enough about his daughters to know.

-- edit

Clicked into the third or fourth image randomly to understand what this is... and it seemed like a text string between his daughters about his mother's medical history, struggle with depression, and the medication she's on for it. I don't like Paul Manafort, but this isn't the sort of political shadenfreud that I feel comfortable with. Hacking and leaking a public figure's daughters emails about their mother's medical problems...? Eh, that's too much for me. I'm sure the Right and Wikileaks would do it too if they had the chance, but it's not my kind of political action.

This is wrong.

Fuck wikileaks though. Of course they're Russian stooges.

Pretty much this. I'm...a little horrified that most people seem be A-OK with this as long as they get to bathe in the schadenfreude.

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm (a) skeptical that this is real and (b) not okay with anyone's text message history being dumped into the public unredacted. This seems dangerous.
If valid I would suspect that this comes from some discovery process and from somebody in the chain of custody for evidence. When the opposition's only defense is that this is a political witch hunt, this salacious stuff is red meat for them. Whoever leaked it is very irresponsible and could damage the effort.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Edited Thread Title.

Not sure if this is particularly valid yet, but instead of locking the thread, just modifying the title for now. Take everything with a grain of salt until sources are verified.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I never thought I'd defend Wikileaks - but they were probably right to withhold this if it is his daughter's texts and contains medical information.

This thread does depress me, because wow, we are totally going down the path of "screw morals, must win, must bathe ourselves in self-righteousness".

Morals went out the window when they started keeping infant children away from their parents

Not saying we should stoop to that level but let's be real man

this shit is fucked beyond belief

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
This whole administration nd everyone involved.

Hall-of-Doom.jpg

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck!!! And her daughters feel their mother is a shell of a woman. The psychological trauma this woman must've gone through.

OP
OP
FreezePeach

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edited Thread Title.

Not sure if this is particularly valid yet, but instead of locking the thread, just modifying the title for now. Take everything with a grain of salt until sources are verified.
At the very least, articles written in the past on credible websites about specific quotes from the texts are in the database.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Wait... These are leaks of Paul Manaforts daughters texts? If it's Paul Manafort's texts, that's one thing, I don't like leaking private stuff like that, but at least he's a public figure involved in government and... whatever, if he's on a campaign he needs to take security more seriously. But, if this is his daughter's texts and its of her struggling with her mother and father's sexual relationship? I'm not comfortable with this and I think it's wrong.

If Manafort is forcing his wife to have sex with other men against her will for his sexual gratification, it's some sort of forcible rape/abuse and it's very wrong. But that doesn't make hacking Paul Manafort's daughters texts and leaking them something I feel comfortable with either. I don't think I'm willing to share in the shadenfreud about this if that's how they got out.

If she's involved in Trumps campaign or Manafort's business or something, w/e it's sketchy but w/e they're working in some sort of public capacity, but I don't know enough about his daughters to know.

-- edit

Clicked into the third or fourth image randomly to understand what this is... and it seemed like a text string between his daughters about his mother's medical history, struggle with depression, and the medication she's on for it. I don't like Paul Manafort, but this isn't the sort of political shadenfreud that I feel comfortable with. Hacking and leaking a public figure's daughters emails about their mother's medical problems...? Eh, that's too much for me. I'm sure the Right and Wikileaks would do it too if they had the chance, but it's not my kind of political action.

This is wrong.

Fuck wikileaks though. Of course they're Russian stooges.
yeah i agree with this

Oct 28, 2017
I never thought I'd defend Wikileaks - but they were probably right to withhold this if it is his daughter's texts and contains medical information.

This thread does depress me, because wow, we are totally going down the path of "screw morals, must win, must bathe ourselves in self-righteousness".

Or, perhaps, once you become an international mafia criminal involved in state sponsored murder the equation of morality is different. This information is already publicly available and disseminated and no one would have been looking for it at all if he hadn't been involved in these affairs.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Morals went out the window when they started keeping infant children away from their parents

Not saying we should stoop to that level but let's be real man

this shit is fucked beyond belief

I mean, let's just then admit that we hate the GOP for winning more than for what they're willing to go to - because we're apparently completely willing to go there ourselves if it makes us "win".

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
Publicizing this stuff is extremely unethical. I get it, we hate (rightfully) Trump and his cadre of deplorables. But leaking private text messages of their family members isn't good.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, let's just then admit that we hate the GOP for winning more than for what they're willing to go to - because we're apparently completely willing to go there ourselves if it makes us "win".

Exposing them for being horrible isn't even in the same stratosphere as the amount of decades the administration has set us back

and furthermore the damage they have actively caused to families across the country

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
OK, I just caught up on the fact he forced her to do it.

He's not a cuck, he's a cunt. An evil, abusive cunt, who deserves to spend the rest of his life rotting in a cold jail cell, having the shit kicked out of him for the one hour every day he's allowed to mingle with the rest of the prison population.

less

Oct 25, 2017
The story about his wife...Manafort is even worse than I thought. Pure scum.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Lol no.

Releasing his daughters text messages does not equal restricting voting rights and jailing toddlers.

This is 'both sides' nonsense.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
The cuck is callback to Steve Bannon and how those alt-right boys during the campaign loved that word. Clearly this guy is into that. Also, emphasis was obviously put on the 'force' part.

Yeah, no, I got that part. I get that it's supposed to be ironic usage. It's just, this reads like rape, and so I'm not really comfortable with that particular jab in this moment. It's not in the title anymore, though, so I'll drop it.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much this. I'm...a little horrified that most people seem be A-OK with this as long as they get to bathe in the schadenfreude.
It would be different if he wasn't campaigning for the party who regulates people's sex lives but not guns.

I do feel bad for the family having all this personal stuff leaking, but if that was redacted the integrity of the entire leak would be even be more of question.

Edit: I didn't notice all the tweets at first. Agreed it's a bit fucked up all this got leaked.

Last edited:

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
It this source actually pans out....this isn't cuckolding, it is straight-up sex trafficking his spouse if she wasn't a willing participant.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, Trump's campaign manager is a cuck... Good to know, I guess.

This is a weird thing to get released, though, as others have pointed out. I'm definitely not ok with publicly posting searchable databases of people's texts, especially someone like his daughter. Him, maybe, because he's a fuckhead with a lot of blood on his hands, but his daughter? No thanks.

Why do men want their wife to have sex with other people. Thats just vile

People wanting to isn't vile. That's just a kink. I don't understand it, but there are lots of things I don't understand. Wanting isn't the same as forcing though. Forcing/coercing someone into it is vile. Just wanting it, though? Nah.

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I say all the time that alot of people are more interested in payback than justice. But then you get banned for "concern trolling".

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Exposing them for being horrible isn't even in the same stratosphere as the amount of decades the administration has set us back

and furthermore the damage they have actively caused to families across the country

Is that because we have limits, or because we have no power?

We don't get to call ourselves shining beacons of morality for not doing terrible things when we have no actual ability to do anything. I mean, that's exactly what happened with the GOP - they didn't "seem" as bad because they had no real power. The second they got unvarnished power they went whole hog on the lawful evil thing.

I mean, hell, look at the discussion we're having now about leaking text messages from someone's daughter (who openly hates their father) and digging through medical information from their wife going through depression. I wouldn't have even dreamed that we would be OK with this even 6 months ago. If it were just texts about his dealings or along those lines, that'd be one thing. But this is medical info and basically just a blatant exposure of privacy of someone just so it hurts someone else by proxy.

OP
OP
FreezePeach

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised i don't see this posted on any news outlets yet.
Probably same concerns people have here with credibility. I mean so far everything is checking out when you read stories from early 2017 talking about this same dump. They describe the same 'vibe' and texts as whats available here. I guess concern is if parts are faked.