• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
idwAD5X.jpg

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I want you to fuck other guys and I'm forced to watch and hate myself."

Who wants this!? Jesus...

It's actually very interesting from a psychological perspective. There are some great papers on human sexuality and such. Of course, forcing someone is rape and that's not acceptable.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
How bad does your sexual fetish have to be for your daughter's opinion on it to be readily apparent from your text message history?

That's a new high score for me.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, let's just then admit that we hate the GOP for winning more than for what they're willing to go to - because we're apparently completely willing to go there ourselves if it makes us "win".
What does it have to do with party? This goes right in the Anthony Weiner category.

Oct 28, 2017
Is that because we have limits, or because we have no power?

We don't get to call ourselves shining beacons of morality for not doing terrible things when we have no actual ability to do anything. I mean, that's exactly what happened with the GOP - they didn't "seem" as bad because they had no real power. The second they got unvarnished power they went whole hog on the lawful evil thing.

I mean, hell, look at the discussion we're having now about leaking text messages from someone's daughter (who openly hates their father) and digging through medical information from their wife going through depression. I wouldn't have even dreamed that we would be OK with this even 6 months ago. If it were just texts about his dealings or along those lines, that'd be one thing. But this is medical info and basically just a blatant exposure of privacy of someone just so it hurts someone else by proxy.

You know that ' digging through someone's medical info ' isn't inherently immoral, right? Accessing it can be illegal but reading it? Is privacy something people deserve when they knowingly protect their father when they have information about crimes he's committed? They knew he helped murder people in Ukraine, they knew he abused their mother. They aren't saints themselves. He made his family a target and culpable in crimes. None of this would be happening at all if he hadn't set down this path.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
*Thousands of texts are surreptitiously leaked, bringing to light sexual abuse that would have otherwise stayed hidden*

*People on the internet read it and shed light on evidence of sexual abuse*

Actual response to this:

"Guys, let's not stoop to their level."

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*Thousands of texts are surreptitiously leaked, bringing to light sexual abuse that would have otherwise stayed hidden*

Actual response to this:

I can maintain multiple concerns on an issue at one time, and when doing that, even maintain perspective, prioritize, and properly value the weight of those concerns. It's not a rare skillset, either.

If you're unable or unwilling to do so, that's your personal choice or failing.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017

Actual response to this:

#walkaway...*vomits*

Anyway, 'the best people' and all that.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
It's actually very interesting from a psychological perspective. There are some great papers on human sexuality and such. Of course, forcing someone is rape and that's not acceptable.

Yeah, that's when shit gets way too horrible. I mean, if a friend told me he/she likes their SO being fucked infront of them I'd be like, "okay, whatever floats your boat." But the minute you force them into it it's rape and prostitution if some financial gain was involved.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

Actual response to this:

You don't need to publicly publish an entire text history to shed light on evidence of sexual abuse.

Some of these texts have already been published in reputable news stories. They could have sent this along to one of those highlighting the specific texts and had a report go out like that rather than us getting to view someone's entire personal life like this.

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. Paul Manafort is really messed up. Where does Trump get these sex obsessed people? Is it part of the creed to be some sort of sexual deviant to be a part of his crew?

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I can maintain multiple concerns on an issue at one time, and when doing that, even maintain perspective, prioritize, and properly value the weight of those concerns. It's not a rare skillset, either.

If you're unable or unwilling to do so, that's your personal choice or failing.
I have no idea how this has anything to do with what I posted.

There are posters ITT saying, "Let's not be just as bad as the other side, guys."

My post is meant to illustrate the absurdity of comparing reading leaked texts and pointing out evidence of sexual abuse in them to the destruction the GOP has wrought upon our country.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Who texts almost 300,000 times? Are there enough hours in a day to do that?

Oct 27, 2017
You don't need to publicly publish an entire text history to shed light on evidence of sexual abuse.

Some of these texts have already been published in reputable news stories. They could have sent this along to one of those highlighting the specific texts and had a report go out like that rather than us getting to view someone's entire personal life like this.
I think the goal of the hack wasn't to specifically point out something. The point of this release is anyone could be next. Compromised people involved should be rightly worried.

Oct 27, 2017
Really fucked up.
And holy shit at 285,000 texts. I've been texting for like 10 years and I've got to be at maybe 5% of that total if not quite a bit less.

Jul 18, 2018
What did i just read. Corruption, to lies, to deception, to sa9odh(*@H(DHnoNXSAosa....
The cabinet members of Trumps just gets worse and worse...

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
While some portions of the leak are highly enlightening, this is also good highlight of #WikiLeak controversy regarding indiscriminate release and why I refuse to mention anything personal online as much as possible.

Clydefrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii
sucks that the family has to get caught up in this guy's deeds

reminds me of the Sopranos. all of Meadow's texts are being released!!

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, let's just then admit that we hate the GOP for winning more than for what they're willing to go to - because we're apparently completely willing to go there ourselves if it makes us "win".

some people have more on the line than others - and those who feel that they are cornered are the most dangerous and the most willing to fight fire with fire

i warned everyone that those victimized by people who manafort aimed to empower would one day adopt the tactics of their oppressors in retribution

leaking confidential medical records is an obscene violation of privacy and has been a tactic deployed against the queer community by the right for so long - i strongly disapprove of the violation of medical privacy because i know what it is like to fear my own medical records being leaked

but i can point to exactly where this tactic was learned from, and it is hard to feel sympathy for those falling on the sword they held over my own neck

the man who worked tirelessly to enable the leaking of private communications has now had private communications leaked which reveal the depths of his depravity and a history of sexual assault - the phrase "live by the sword, die by the sword" comes to mind

clearly, they never expected to fall victim to the threats that have forced me to live in fear for so long

FullMetalx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feel bad for the daughter...literally this affects her way more than Paul Manafort. Her entire life is open to world

Jan 18, 2018
Is there a reputable article about this yet? I cant find any.

Also, is that one of his daughters saying they would like to vote for their hero, Bernie?

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Some extra detail from some of the texts: Manafort forced his wife to have sex with other men because he enjoyed it and then he also told her it was 'perfectly normal' despite her objections and not wanting to do it and then on top of that wouldn't let her bring it up in therapy even her own personal therapy. Daughters refer to it as abuse and rape several times because she never wanted to do it and he always convinced her to do so.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean what you do in the bedroom with consenting adults and all... None of my business.

But what exactly does this story have to do with getting rid of Trump?
Why is this a thing any of us need to know about?
Considering it is the GOP MO to make sure only straight Christian values is practiced by everyone, it should be our business since they push their values on everyone while violating them constantly.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when a credible media outlet picks it up

Dumping 285k texts with little to no reporting is very dodgy to me. It happened with Wikileaks and the same applies here.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
You know that ' digging through someone's medical info ' isn't inherently immoral, right? Accessing it can be illegal but reading it? Is privacy something people deserve when they knowingly protect their father when they have information about crimes he's committed? They knew he helped murder people in Ukraine, they knew he abused their mother. They aren't saints themselves. He made his family a target and culpable in crimes. None of this would be happening at all if he hadn't set down this path.

...you realize this exact line of reasoning would be pretty much spot on for attacking MIchelle, Sasha and Malia right? Or Chelsea? I mean, Obama bombed all those people, surely this is 100% OK to do. Or the Clintons sort of threw Lewinsky / Bill's accusers under the bus, now Chelsea had to know that and hasn't publicly refuted him so she's fair game too now? You find appropriately partisan enough people and this line is now OK to cross, there's a whole lot of other people that can be superficially / intellectually disingenuously thrown into the mix here.

some people have more on the line than others - and those who feel that they are cornered are the most dangerous and the most willing to fight fire with fire

i warned everyone that those victimized by people who manafort aimed to empower would one day adopt the tactics of their oppressors in retribution

leaking confidential medical records is an obscene violation of privacy and has been a tactic deployed against the queer community by the right for so long - i strongly disapprove of the violation of medical privacy because i know what it is like to fear my own medical records being leaked

but i can point to exactly where this tactic was learned from, and it is hard to feel sympathy for those falling on the sword they held over my own neck

the man who worked tirelessly to enable the leaking of private communications has now had private communications leaked which reveal the depths of his depravity and a history of sexual assault - the phrase "live by the sword, die by the sword" comes to mind

clearly, they never expected to fall victim to the threats that have forced me to live in fear for so long

YEEEEP. Emphasis on the bolded. It's not sympathy I have necessarily (though some for the wife and daughters) as much as frustration and anger that this is now apparently 100% AOK to do and is going to get done to people on my side now too.

PS: I get the people have more on the line than others - but as someone who over the early 2000s found themselves pretty close to the bottom of the totem pole (south asian post 9/11, and where I lived people couldn't tell the difference) - I still knew better than to fight fire with fire, because as the person lower on the scale, it will 100% get used disproportionately against me by people who have more power eventually. Because they have more power.