• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
https://bungiestore.com/collections...uldren-collectible-statue-by-level-52-studios

Bungie and Level52 Studios reveal Uldren Sov, first in a new line of exquisitely crafted Destiny Legends collectibles based on the Destiny universe, created in collaboration between Bungie artists and the Level52 Studios fabrication team.

This 1/6th scale polystone statue stands 15" tall and depicts Uldren Sov, Prince of the Reef, Father of the Scorn, and architect of Cayde-6's demise. Clad in battle armor and displaying the Ace of Spades, Uldren stands with purpose amidst the ruin and chaos he has unleashed upon the Tangled Shore. He glances back, but only for a moment, his long flowing cape still bearing the marks of his royal family line. The intricate scale and filigree help tell the evolving story of Uldren's transformation.

*Prototype shown; final product may vary

• 1/6 Scale
  • Material: Polystone
  • Dimensions: 15" Tall
  • Individually numbered, special requests unavailable
  • Pre-order: July 13 – September 7, 2018
  • Estimated Ship: November 2018 - December 2018
  • Limited quantity open order will be available

uldren_1.png

DiA6r-RXcAEoN2b.jpg

DiA6r-LXkAASBAp.jpg

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I feel like if you're going to make $300 statues for characters, they should probably earn some level of popularity first (eg. Blizzard's Sylvanas statue).

Does anyone give two shits about Uldren? Did you even know his name was Uldren and not just "The Queen's brother" before this thread (cheating if you had to look it up on a wiki).

That said, it's a gorgeously made statue.

SgtWiggles

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really nice, but $300 seems way overpriced. Especially for a new character (And one that killed a fan favorite).

It seems like competitors (Like Blizzard) have much more reasonably priced statues.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why Uldren and not teh Queen?

I know is for the expansion but damm why would someone will buy the statue of the one who killed Cayde instead of making a diorama of Cayde's last stand against Uldren

Oct 27, 2017
There has yet to be a character in Destiny that is interesting enough to warrant a statue, and I doubt Uldren will break that trend, but it sure does look nice.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you even know his name was Uldren and not just "The Queen's brother" before this thread (cheating if you had to look it up on a wiki).

I only clicked this thread because I wanted to know who the fuck Uldren was and why they'd bother giving him a statue if no one knows who he is.

Statue looks great though.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if you're going to make $300 statues for characters, they should probably earn some level of popularity first (eg. Blizzard's Sylvanas statue).

Does anyone give two shits about Uldren? Did you even know his name was Uldren and not just "The Queen's brother" before this thread (cheating if you had to look it up on a wiki).

Most fans know who the character is but the game rarely says his name.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
You're joking.

Surely there is no market for a statue of the random prince dude who appeared in one cutscene of Destiny 1...?

And certainly not for $300.

SpWaKFm.png

Yeah yeah, I already know I'm wrong. People will still buy it.

Perona

Oct 31, 2017
Uldren is like in all the marketing for and is the main bad guy of the upcoming D2 expansion.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Honestly, he's best known as "the Crow" from all the leaks about pre-reboot Destiny 1's story.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
American figure pricing continues to be ludicrous and gigantic. :(
Shame, it's a kickass looking figure.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Lol I know there's probably some badass backstory in the lore about this guy but in-game I just remember him as the queen's bitchy brother from D1.

And I think he made an intense face while piloting a fighter that showed up in the trailer for TTK?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
They are taking him back to be an outlaw like in the original Destiny story.

However, he wasn't wanted for murder in that story.

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
As others have commented, it like nice, but $300?

You have to be a real hardcore collector to pay that kind of money!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I bet you Forsaken ends with players thinking, "Damn. They made Uldren into their best villain yet," and some of the "LOL WHO CARES" posts here will look silly.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I really prefer the extravagance of the blizzard statues compared to this which is the first thing that came to mind.

It might be what the blizzard characters mean lore wise that adds to that.

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Just pre-ordered one.

Will look great next to my 3A Hunter, Titan and Warlock ;)

Hope this means more high end figurines in the future. I don't like the Mcfarlane line except for Saladin and Shaxx (who is not out yet).

Still meaning to get the fake-Lego Spider tank someday

The good Blizzard figurines are almost in the same ballpark price wise, so I expected about 250-300. We'll see how it turns out.

Oct 26, 2017
$300? Not a chance in hell. I have the Lord of Cinder statue from DS3 and it looks just as nice without costing that much.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

If you play destiny more than casually you been asking for the last two years did he survive the attack by Oryx at the start of TTK

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That looks nice but I'm not into Destiny enough to drop $300 on a statue. I'm not even into Overwatch enough to drop $300 on a statue

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny stuff is frustrating because it looks cool and evokes all this mystery but then you play the games and feel as detached from everything but still longing for its potential as you did when you first saw the concept art years ago.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We need a Lord Shaxx statue. Of him screaming while watching the Crucible.

I've played ever Destiny game and expansion, and had no idea what his name was. I don't seek out anything outside the game itself, so if it's been said in like, Byf's videos, that kinda doesn't count. :P

His name is mentioned once in Warmind, if you scan his crashed ship in a lost sector on Mars. Albeit, there is absolutely nothing prior that would have player's know whose name that is.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Definite Han Solo vibe coming from that figure (flowing coat, mono color pants, drooping hip holster). Pretty neat.

Nov 3, 2017
Looks really nice, but $300 seems way overpriced. Especially for a new character (And one that killed a fan favorite).

It seems like competitors (Like Blizzard) have much more reasonably priced statues.

It kinda speaks to how much Bungie bungled their story and characters that people are underatandbly mistaking a guy who was there since vanilla Destiny for a new character

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Some of you talking about the price being high.....that is about par for the course for a 15" polystone statue (see the Kratos polystone statue from sony that came out just recently).

Heck, you should be glad you are't paying Prime1 prices lol (though they are larger scale).

Halabane

Nov 10, 2017

Yes on Sylvanas and add a human Paladin (I missed out the last time)

Also yes I don't give even a single shit for this character. I played the game and never heard of him or remember.

I would have expected a statue of Cayde...you know...the guy who saved the Destiny 1 game. Bungie is so brilliant. They still can't sell all those copies of a messenger bags.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why anyone would want a statue of the Queen's emo loser brother. Give us a statue of Mara Sov instead.