• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
how anyone can be excited for a 2K VC-fest is beyond me at this point

Jun 5, 2020
As long as their arcade football game is not developed by Saber Interactive (NBA Playgrounds developer), I will be optimistic.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
They can't do a simulation style NFL game or what? Does the Madden license include a clause about how accurate the game has to be gameplay wise?

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
It's going to be one of these big head arcade games they did recently for the NBA and WWE, right?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I would be excited but NBA Playgrounds wasn't great and the upcoming WWE Playgrounds game looks awful

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Will they get a likeness of licensed pachinko machines, roulette wheels, and slot machines?

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I mean, sure, I kinda get it, but who decides what is arcade and what is simulation? I'm guessing anything that it's not big head mode is simulation for the NFL?

Probably the style of gameplay and general look of the game. My guess is it'll probably be like the NBA Playgrounds and WWE Battlegrounds they recently did that had cartoony models and over the top flashy moves.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Please do hockey next
Yep. I need a good Hockey game.

In reality, I just want a new NHL Hitz. Those arcade style games were the best.

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure, I kinda get it, but who decides what is arcade and what is simulation? I'm guessing anything that it's not big head mode is simulation for the NFL?

That's a good point. Seems like a tough line to draw if 2K wants to push it.

I'd love to see a list of differences the NFL or EA expects between an arcade and simulation.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
So many people forgetting how 2K operates today setting themselves up for disappointment when they see how bloated the game is with micro/macro transactions/unskippable ads

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm aware. It's also 2020 and not 2005 and 2K has been the scummiest sports game dev for some time now.
I can't get over how they're the only publisher not doing a free upgrade path for next-gen. Especially with all the microtransactions that they do. With a $10 over regular pricing at that.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
And I'm not even defending EA and their shitty tactics, but its scary as fuck that 2K through NBA2K is beginning to make the mass market comfortable with the exploitative micro-transactions while also charging full price (and over-full with NBA2K21 being $70 on next gen)...

People are getting way too comfortable with it.

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
If they can get close to NFL Street 1 & 2 back in the day I will be super excited..

If its anything like the NBA Playgrounds games keep that to yallselfs please..

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
And I'm not even defending EA and their shitty tactics, but its scary as fuck that 2K through NBA2K is beginning to make the mass market comfortable with the exploitative micro-transactions while also charging full price (and over-full with NBA2K21 being $70 on next gen)...

People are getting way too comfortable with it.

It's been like this for awhile, so I think we're past the 'getting' part and most people have long accepted it

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I mean, I still buy NBA 2K every year and I have yet to spend a single dollar on any of their virtual currency... it isn't that hard to do. Is it being so integrated annoying at times? Ya, it is. Doesn't change the fact that NBA 2K is still an outstanding basketball title.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I'll pass. Look I loved sports games years ago and now its just nothing more than a front to sell people digitized football cards/mtx. Me and the boys will stick to our old ass tecmo super bowl snd maybe the newer mutant league.

Good for those that are into it though. Get that money I guess 2k.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I still buy NBA 2K every year and I have yet to spend a single dollar on any of their virtual currency... it isn't that hard to do. Is it being so integrated annoying at times? Ya, it is. Doesn't change the fact that NBA 2K is still an outstanding basketball title.

Yea...most of the time 2k is brought up most folk leave out the plethora of modes that don't use it. I pretty much customize my ai for a challenge and do franchise.

Most of vc is earned and spent on the myplayer mode.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I do in NBA 2K (NBA Today, Exhibition, Long term Association mode), i never encounter a need to use VC. Madden's biggest problem is that the actual on field game feels like crap, where as NBA 2K plays like a dream

Seriously, NBA 2K's Association mode is incredible

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I still play All Pro 2K8 because it feels more realistic and still has better gameplay than Madden has had in the last decade-plus.

That being said, the only way I'm giving a 2K sports game my money is if they remove the VC shit from MyCareer mode and actually work on improving the franchise mode every year instead of just removing features and placing them behind microtransactions.

JChung55

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As much as I love NFL 2K5, the pile of trash they turned NBA 2K into has zapped all faith I had in a new football game. The worst part is the NBA games are actually fun to play! Just surrounded my shit called VC

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I'm sure when given the opportunity they'll deliver due to Madden being top dog at the moment. But 2K doesn't make me feel any better honestly about football games, NBA 2k20 is just bad, the gameplay needs a complete overhaul imo, the animations don't make sense and you can't play a game on any difficulty without the game resulting in a blowout. Not to mention the cheese in this game, feels scripted at times. Tired of 2K just copy and pasting each year with a few tweaks, the games don't even resemble real basketball these days, the avg team shoots around 33 three pointers pg, in 2K there tossing up 12-15 unless you're the warriors or rockets. I'm not buying another one of their sports games until they quit just collecting money every year and actually try to make a good sports game.