• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Man, I love this story. I've only known about it for a little over 5 of those 30 years. But I'm desperate to know more. At the same time, I always want to have this mystery racking around in my brain.

Looks like it was made by The Residents.

I, uh... I never made that connection but it wouldn't shock me, actually.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's nothing for the most part. On the UnresolvedMysteries sub, there's been plenty of breakdowns and research and it's mostly likely a former employee considering some of the film or whatever was in a TV studio.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Still the trippiest shit I've seen. I think it's fascinating how the perp has never been caught and how it even happened

CannonballB

Oct 27, 2017
Pahonix
I was at home watching Dr Who on channel 11, Chicago's local PBS station, when it happened. The whole thing was surreal. There were no message boards to go to and no breaking news websites at the time so there was no way to know what had happened until the news the next day.

I lived across the lake from Chicago (Buchanan, MI), my grandma (Eau Claire, MI) had one of those rotating antenna thingies on her house - I remember hearing about this and watching WGN (Channel 9) and WTTW after that hoping to see it again live. We'd rotate and rotate the fuck out of that antenna trying to pick up all the Chicago stations hoping it'd happen again.

Shit was creepy as fuck back in the day!

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
My roommates and I ran a pirate radio station in Seattle for a couple of months; never got caught or anything.. would randomly meet people who would bring it up.

Was kind of cool.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
My brother saw this live. He still remembers it happening and how freaky it was to him as a small kid.