• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Mod Edit:
Quick reminder: While it is possible for people to grow and change and ask forgiveness, that does not mean that everyone is required to forgive. The role of hate groups in this incident should not be overlooked, but simply feeling that Gunn's tweets were unforgivable does not make someone a member or sympathizer of said groups.

UPDATE:

This is it, Era A-Holes. It's time to band together and help James Gunn to save the galaxy a third time.

You won't get this win, alt-right. Yes I'm signing this thing and we will get Gunn back as a director for Vol. 3. Why? The alt-right might have made Trump happen, but they've messed with the wrong crowd now. Who's with me?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017
Serious question: Have the cast and crew from the Guardians movies made any public statements about Gunn's firing?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
You would think all we would need is to show Disney who is coming to his defense vs who is calling for his firing.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really interesting watching this whole thing play out over the past 24 hours, and seeing how this is now a left vs alt-right issue.

I also think that Disney will not walk back on this issue no matter how many signatures it gets as a matter of principle, but we'll see. Furthermore, I don't even know if Gunn would want to come back considering how quickly they shuffled him out hours after the tweets were brought to light after two great successes. Almost wonder if there was something at play here behind the scenes beyond some (admittedly very) edgy tweets that are questionable at best.

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they didn't come up with a better hashtag, like #DontTakeAwayMyGunn

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this is the kind of fiasco I don't see Gunn even wanting to come back for.

Disney left him out for the wolves on this, and I have no doubt he took it extremely personal.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about you protest by not going to see the next Avengers and other MCU movies instead?

Oct 25, 2017
Good, he must return.
That prick Cernovich can do one. How all of this went down was incredibly stupid to begin with, it shouldn't have happened.

Oct 25, 2017
I am ok with people facing consequences for these types of jokes. I am not ok with companies accepting bad faith attacks from fucking fascists on the subject. Being stuck in-between these two ideas, I fully support anyone wishing for Disney to backpedal on this but won't personally be signing this petition or otherwise working toward it. For once, I am actually perfectly fine with this going either way. A rare luxury in my life.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please catch me up to speed on this?

I thought he was rightfully let go?

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I'll sign. His tweets were nasty but losing his career isn't the proportionate consequence.

Oct 25, 2017
I asked this in the other thread, but since there's been a few directors and other filmmakers out there saying Disney is in the wrong, have any made a comment that Disney was in the right on this?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I already signed it when I saw it in the other thread, even if nothing comes of it, letting Gunn know he has support is good enough.