• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Version 1.03 Update

The v.1.03 patch adds a new in-game "Wonderful Code" feature to The Wonderful 101: Remastered, allowing players to enjoy the same bonuses as the demo, as well as many others! Don't forget to update to the latest version!

To celebrate the release of the Wonder-Size Cadet Demo, we're sharing two in-game Wonderful Codes:

Vol.1 UMBRANGIFT
Unlocks "Wonder-Bayonetta"

Vol.2 ANGELSLAYERS
Unlocks "Wonder-Jeanne" and "Wonder-Rodin"

Be on the lookout for more Wonderful Codes!

Patch details:
  • Added a new "Wonderful Code" feature.
    Certain hidden elements of the game can now be unlocked by entering officially released codes.
  • Added a demo save data transfer feature.
    When starting a new game, save data from the demo can be detected and transferred, allowing players to continue from the end of the demo.
  • Fixed a number of bugs.
Wonder-Size Cadet Demo

As the name suggests, this demo delivers Wonder-Size amount of content, including Platinum-level epic boss battles and a lot of in-game goodies! Enjoy the prologue and all of Operation 001, a total of about two hours of gameplay!

A lot of bonuses like in-game currency and a selection of support items are also available from the start of the demo, so that even beginners can set off on this dynamic adventure fully equipped.

Best of all, you can transfer save data from the demo to the full version and pick up right back up!

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually handy because I've held off on this since I wasn't sure if I'd prefer it on PS4 or Switch.

Oct 25, 2017

Surprised it took so long to get a demo out like this. At least it's better than the Wii U demo.
No word on the DLC.

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
That's pretty cool! Wonder if they'll add other characters, too.

I really wish I enjoyed this game as much as I enjoy the style and concept, but something about my thumbs and this on Switch never meshed.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
lol leadership is her lowest stat

that's pretty accurate, she's horrible at playing well with others

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I really wish I enjoyed this game as much as I enjoy the style and concept, but something about my thumbs and this on Switch never meshed.

Bayo, Rodin and Jeanne were always in the game.

As is Kamiya

Oct 25, 2017

It should be noted that she was already in the game. Even the original. She was the reward for getting all the achievements.
Here's she's an early unlock.
I should mention that Jeanne and Rodin are also playable.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I love this game so much but I hope they give you unite spring/guts right off the bat for the demo or there's going to be a lot of people turned off quickly.

Additional notes and codes.

Deleted member 49482

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
The description box of the YouTube trailer says the following, so I think maybe so?

"To owners of the full game:

The v1.03 patch adds the new "Wonderful Code" feature to the game. By entering the code "UMBRANGIFT" players can unlock Wonder-Bayonetta and the same set of support items that are available in the demo. Moreover, to celebrate the release of the demo we are also revealing the code for Vol.2. By entering the code "ANGELSLAYERS" players can unlock Wonder-Jeanne and Wonder-Rodin. We'll be revealing more codes in the future, so be on the lookout for more Wonderful Codes!

Wonderful Codes:

Vol.1 Umbran Gift
"UMBRANGIFT" unlocks team member "Wonder-Bayonetta"!

Vol.2 Angel Slayers
"ANGELSLAYERS" unlocks team members "Wonder-Jeanne" and "Wonder-Rodin"!"

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
If anyone enjoyed the demo and wants a free steam code, just quote me.

Please though only take if you intend to play it.

I got it from the Kickstarter for the switch physical edition

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
The description box of the YouTube trailer says the following, so I think maybe so?

"To owners of the full game:

The v1.03 patch adds the new "Wonderful Code" feature to the game. By entering the code "UMBRANGIFT" players can unlock Wonder-Bayonetta and the same set of support items that are available in the demo. Moreover, to celebrate the release of the demo we are also revealing the code for Vol.2. By entering the code "ANGELSLAYERS" players can unlock Wonder-Jeanne and Wonder-Rodin. We'll be revealing more codes in the future, so be on the lookout for more Wonderful Codes!

Wonderful Codes:

Vol.1 Umbran Gift
"UMBRANGIFT" unlocks team member "Wonder-Bayonetta"!

Vol.2 Angel Slayers
"ANGELSLAYERS" unlocks team members "Wonder-Jeanne" and "Wonder-Rodin"!"
Technically they just added a code feature to unlock the characters early in the full game, and apparently will release more later on per the post on their website. There's also an image of the screen teasing the other unlocks:

I2SuSVa.jpg

Deleted member 49482

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Technically they just added a code feature to unlock the characters early in the full game, and apparently will release more later on per the post on their website. There's also an image of the screen teasing the other unlocks:

I2SuSVa.jpg
Ah, good catch with that image on the Platinum website! I was speculating that the code system could be used for additional characters. Is there any presumption that any of these teasers for unlocks could be new characters?

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
So the three revealed characters were already hidden in the game, but the rest are new and coming via patch?
Ah, good catch with that image on the Platinum website! I was speculating that the code system could be used for additional characters. Is there any presumption that any of these teasers for unlocks could be new characters?
I'm just guessing this but I'm assuming these are all for the characters already in the game but required either completing in game achievements or entering a special button combination and spending a bunch of in game currency to get. Some of the silhouettes look familiar, but I can't say for sure whose who in each pack.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Woah, an update to W101?? Lol I was actually just playing this and saw the Wonderful Code stuff, I thought I unlocked it, I didn't realise at all that there's been an actual update to the game.

Play it, everyone! Really fun and addictive action game. Here's a gameplay clip I just recorded a couple days ago.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark

I2SuSVa.jpg
Vol 6 looks like it unlocks Unite Big and the secret 100 size Unite Gun. (Try drawing a square iif you have all your Unite Gun users leveled up. If it turns green, Unite Up!)

Oct 25, 2017
What stuns me are all the journalists acting surprised that Bayonetta is in the game, even though she was there from the beginning.
Kind of shows how people just completely ignored this game, and not for good reasons.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
What stuns me are all the journalists acting surprised that Bayonetta is in the game, even though she was there from the beginning.
Kind of shows how people just completely ignored this game, and not for good reasons.
To be fair, unlocking her legitimately is probably the single hardest thing to do in the game. The achievement combo needed for her is no joke.

But yes Bayonetta, Jeanne, and Rodin were in the Wii U version. As was the character who is totally not Viewtiful Joe. He's Poseman, of course. (Silvia is Wonder-Cheerleader, though.)

I wonder if they're adding new Wonderful Ones to the mix there or if it's just the old ones.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty hearty demo, even my very first playthough on the Wii U before I had a really grasp of mechanics, I was still in love with stuff like the Lambo boss fight.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Damn, this isn't even on sale for bd/cm??

$40 is crazy when you can get Bayo and Vanquish for $20 right now

Dever

Dec 25, 2019

To be fair, she is an extremely obscure unlockable. Reviewers don't spend enough time with games to get all the bottlecaps required for her, and when they played the game there were no online guides available. I just used a guide to find the last heart pieces for example, and while I love the game, some of those locations were bull-fucking-shit lol.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, she is an extremely obscure unlockable. Reviewers don't spend enough time with games to get all the bottlecaps required for her, and when they played the game there were no online guides available. I just used a guide to find the last heart pieces for example, and while I love the game, some of those locations were bull-fucking-shit lol.

Yeah, that's not that surprising, also in general a bunch of game press already bounce off Bayonetta and Vanquish, and W101 is even more down the "the more you put in, the more you get out of it" path than the typical Platinum stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, unlocking her legitimately is probably the single hardest thing to do in the game. The achievement combo needed for her is no joke.

But yes Bayonetta, Jeanne, and Rodin were in the Wii U version. As was the character who is totally not Viewtiful Joe. He's Poseman, of course. (Silvia is Wonder-Cheerleader, though.)

I wonder if they're adding new Wonderful Ones to the mix there or if it's just the old ones.

Fair... you need all the achievements to get her
And getting them all includes *breathes in* Beating the game on 101% Hard (which requires beating the game on Normal and Hard), beating all the Kahkoo-Regah (which goes across the harder three difficulties), beating all the Secret Missions that aren't Kahkoo-Regahs (across ALL FIVE difficulties, and that includes Operation 101 the game's version of Bloody Palace), getting a Platinum on every stage (thankfully you can do this on only one difficulty, and it's not Pure Platinum either), beating a Punch-Out boss without getting hit, mixing 100 items, finding all the hidden Hammer spots, and of course getting all the collectables.
I guess Platinum realizes that it's not worth keeping secret and just telling people "Have a code to unlock her"

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
This is an action game unlike anything you've ever played before so don't expect to be good at it from the getgo, there's a lot to learn but the game is very lenient with you so if you mess up a lot don't feel bad, it's expected.

It's a great game, my favourite Platinumgame by far and I hope this gets a few more people on board.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I made the mistake (?) of playing with a guide to find all the wonderful ones on my latest play through, I got up to operation 003 before I took a break.

I gotta get back to this game after Age of Calamity.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I'm currently replaying the game on the Switch years after I beat it on WiiU.
Well, it has obviously some flaws, but GOD, there is so much love, care and passion in this game.
It's always delivering, non stop action, fun dialogues, new gameplay ideas one after another (some are quite bad sadly but there is so much generosity).
It's a really unique game, if you love it it will be with passion.
Good to know that the sadly the game shines later, you miss a lot of key abilities in the beginning, like blocking and dodging (Yeah...)

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I'm currently replaying the game on the Switch years after I beat it on WiiU.
Well, it has obviously some flaws, but GOD, there is so much love, care and passion in this game.
It's always delivering, non stop action, fun dialogues, new gameplay ideas one after another (some are quite bad sadly but there is so much generosity).
It's a really unique game, if you love it it will be with passion.
Good to know that the sadly the game shines later, you miss a lot of key abilities in the beginning, like blocking and dodging (Yeah...)

Hmm you should only miss blocking and dodging in the prologue on the bus, where you don't really need them iirc.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Hmm you should only miss blocking and dodging in the prologue on the bus, where you don't really need them iirc.

You may be right, it must be possible to buy them just after the prologue.
I didn't Know for my first playthrough and I only bought them far longer after.

Anyway, game becomes way cooler when you have multiple attacks, and it takes a while...

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
It's the only plat game that l struggled to enjoy, there are many teeth grinding design decisions that make this a chore to play through imo. Still haven't finished it because I don't want to hate it completely after pushing through it.appreciate the codes since the game seems to be balanced around fully unlocked arsenal.

Any mention of performance updates on switch?

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This update dropped for me a couple days ago which was convenient because that's when I started playing it. Don't know how you unlock Wonder-Bayo though. Do I have to beat the game first?

Also HOLY FUCK is this game incredible. By far my favourite Kamiya game (not counting RE2) and I'm just in love with the saturday morning cartoon vibe. Definitely check out the demo if you haven't played it.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Kinda regret supporting the kickstarter. After Covid crashed everyone's currencies, it ended up costing me more than RRP after conversion, and I've really struggled to play the game since I'm not enjoying it much. Then with the recent BF sales it was down to like 15$ when I paid 70 to have it shipped to me just a few months ago...

Playing this made me notice a pattern though. Platinum is one of my favourite developers, but I just don't like anything that Kamiya directs for some reason, find the games quite annoying. Okami is the only game of his I've liked. Much prefer stuff like Vanquish, MGR, Astral Chain and Nier to Bayonetta or TW101. I think the constant action is just too much and results in trash characters and stories that give me little incentive to continue, even if I do enjoy the gameplay, because it's just non-stop.