• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
In this week's community update there was the following tease about what was planned for 2018.
Welcome back! To be frank (or Grim, really), I'm not sure if that's a welcome back to use, or you guys, but let's go with it either way. 2018 has arrived and with it, the promise of new fun times to be had and adventures to be embarked upon. No, not *those adventures, but plenty of exciting ones regardless – some which might surprise you more than others.

*All text is italicized in quotes on ResetEra so it was changed to an underline to keep the emphasis of the original post.

There was also a recent response on Reddit by Brian Jarrard (343 community manager) to a user asking when we would see the next Halo.
This is probably a moot point to ask right now, but is there any ETA for when we will be getting some Halo news or something regarding the next Halo?
No ETA at the moment. My guess is it's going to still be a good while before you hear anything of any significance.
This isn't the first time we've gotten words from 343 them being quiet for the foreseeable future. From October...
We want to give the team and the studio time to build the, right, next FPS big experience so you're not going to hear much from us for a while.

With the promise of a beta before any mainline Halo release (though nothing to be said if it would be as early as one as Halo 5) are we looking at 4 years before Halo 6? Or just an incredibly short announce -> release window for the game?

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Get ready for Destiny 3!"

EDIT: Actually it sounds like things at Bungie are even worse than at 343. Huh.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Good. Take your time. I'm sure they're making money on H5 even if it took a bit of a hit with fans. It's turned out really good after a rocky launch imo.

I'd much rather they wait until the can make it exclusive to whatever comes after XB1X or at least have it be 1X and next gen only but not XB1 bass

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in the camp of a 2018 launch with an announcement at E3.

An early 2019 release could be in the cards as well.

MCC will start getting updates in a couple months so that should be nice.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, scuttlebutt I've heard makes it sound like things are moving slower than they ought to be.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm skeptical they can deliver a "surprise" to fans. I can see maybe adding Reach to MCC and adding some old modes to Halo 5.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
A fixed MCC wouldn't be a bad thing to start with. I think they are putting quite a lot of resources into it.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
They did bring up the Mega Bloks Halo video I did in their year end review. Hope to see them revisit the concept.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Take a your time 343 and do Halo the justice it deserves.

I'll gladly buy a Xbox if the new Halo is amazing as the Trilogy was back in the day.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess, the reaction to Halo 5 had them re-evaluating their plans for Halo 6, so it's going to take a bit longer this time before we see the next game.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
giphy.gif

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I really want the BOTW of Halo games. Take a hard look at what made the original great. What was the basic, core idea that made it work? What's the cornerstone of which to expand from?

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They will be keeping all the big games back for the next console now. No sense in wasting them on a lost battle. They will want to launch the next one with Halo, Forza, Gears all present and correct at launch.

Doffen

Oct 28, 2017
It will be a Halo game solely focused on Locke. No Chief, no Buck, just Locke.
Single player only.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds promising. Let them work, I really hope they do something new with Halo.

Incoming MMO Halo?

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say it now and I'll say it again. Halo Battle Royale! Maybe we'll get that and Halo Megablox in the meantime.
I can only go so long without Halo ;-;

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Battlegrounds and a Haggar revival are what would be Ideal methinks.
That, or Halo XCOM.

Oct 27, 2017
Wild speculation from the mind of a mad man:

Halo 5 part 2.

Same multiplayer as Halo 5 but a continuation of the campaign story.
Available as a stand alone purchase or as DLC for the existing game.

Halo 6 pushed to a launch title for the Xbox Two.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Really looking forward to the MCC update. They can take their time with Halo 6. It will be tough to top H5 in terms of volume of content

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in the camp of a 2018 launch with an announcement at E3.

An early 2019 release could be in the cards as well.

MCC will start getting updates in a couple months so that should be nice.

So they're really gonna get MCC some stability updates eh? How is it RIGHT now on PC? Is it on PC?

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Real talk though I'd be happy with just Halo 3 on PC. That's it.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a MCC PC announcement at E3 or something with a small teaser towards the end for 6 can hold people off for another year.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It will be a Halo game solely focused on Locke. No Chief, no Buck, just Locke.
Single player only.

They probably should do something like that. A Halo 5: ODST -type release. Halo 5 seemed more like the start of a new trilogy of games than the middle chapter of the story started by Halo 4.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been saying that Halo 6 would be October 2019 giving 343 an extra year of development time. Halo isn't what it used to be and needs to feel special again. Giving 343 the extra year should accomplish that. As for 2018, I still believe that Crackdown 3 will be delayed a few extra months and finally released in October 2018 as Microsoft's big holiday title along with late September's Forza Horizon 4. Back to Halo 6, E3 2019 debut trailer, gameplay video and October 2019 release date is my prediction.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Take your time.
I don't mind a 5 years cycle as long as am getting a proper Halo. The definitive Halo and not the crap we got.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So they're really gonna get MCC some stability updates eh? How is it RIGHT now on PC? Is it on PC?

Not on PC. I'm still not sold MCC will be on PC, just new games.

In one of their last community updates for 2017, they said they would start work on MCC again utilizing the new patch flighting system on the Xbox One to get consumer feedback. Along with that, it sounds like they want to do the games justice on the X. I'm pretty excited.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I don't know how to take this. Halo 5 came out in 2015 if I'm not mistaken and it usually takes a team 2-3 years to develop a game sound game.

I love myself some Halo and I'm glad to see Microsoft giving 343 the ample time to craft the best game they can. It just sucks not hearing anything on the game.

Something tells me this is going to be the most interesting Halo game to date. With the changing style of games into more open style, I'm super interested to see Halo take a more persistent world approach. I love myself some standard Halo but ODST did something unique and special I want to see tapped into again. Having a hub world if done right with a compelling story and the gameplay of Halo 5 would be my ultimate Halo game. I truly hope they innovate. This is suppose to be the last mission for the Chief, I hope he goes out in style. They need to own the story and nail it!!!!

Knowing the position Microsoft is in, they're probably going to pour a lot of time, money and energy into 343 to develop a game that makes the news line as the most impressive and fun Halo game to date while also being a sure contender for Game of the Year.