• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
that was great. more along the same lines. i'd LOVE to see a slipspace deep dive at some point (probably once the games properly unveiled obviously)

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
that was great. more along the same lines. i'd LOVE to see a slipspace deep dive at some point (probably once the games properly unveiled obviously)
I'm also very interested in this. What design choices led them to create a new engine? Obviously visuals and their fidelity play a big role, but I'm also wondering about AI packages, world streaming (if it is open world) and multiplayer scope. It's also crazy to think that this game will run on 2013 Xbox One hardware. Very exciting times ahead for Halo fans and its developers alike.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish the mixer app wasn't such garbage on the Xbox. I had to load up the mobile app just to follow the channel since it wasn't popping up when I searched on the console. The whole UI is just a mess IMO.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it and that was an excellent behind the scenes video. Dan seems to understand what drew people to Halo CE. They nailed the emotional curve they were aiming for. Can't wait until they start releasing ViDocs.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
It is not quite the same thing, but if you like vidocs for actually getting a look behind the game and not just as a hype thing then "the sprint" or whatever was a series put out before halo 5 that followed the development of that game. Regardless of what you think of Halo 5 I thought it was a good look at the development of the game.
Yea I watched that and enjoyed it on the Halo Channel back when that was a focus.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
The Helmet looks really good but here's a couple minor things about it that bug me. Here's what I'd change:

8HoOAwR.jpg

It probably seems like I just want them to go completely back to the H2/3 design but there are parts of the new version that I really like, like the AI chip port, the new side vent, and the way the overall cuirve of the top part is more rounded like the H4 helmet. The shape edges of the visor compared to H3 really bugs me though. It just looks too "flat" without the taper.

You're way too nitpicky here. The helmet looks practically perfect.

Shoreu

Oct 25, 2017
The Helmet looks really good but here's a couple minor things about it that bug me. Here's what I'd change:

8HoOAwR.jpg

It probably seems like I just want them to go completely back to the H2/3 design but there are parts of the new version that I really like, like the AI chip port, the new side vent, and the way the overall cuirve of the top part is more rounded like the H4 helmet. The shape edges of the visor compared to H3 really bugs me though. It just looks too "flat" without the taper.
Pleasing halo fans is an art form lol i don't envy them boys.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
The intentions behind this trailer is basically Halo done right, I can only hope that a similar clever thought process is done for the entire game. I'm genuinely hyped now.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
You're way too nitpicky here. The helmet looks practically perfect.
Oh 100% I am, I can never deny that! Honestly based on the E3 teaser alone I also thought it looked pretty perfect, it's just seeing it side-by-side with the previous models that draws my attention to a couple little details that feel off to me. Mainly that bit on the top; that just looks really strange to me, but it wasn't visible at all in the teaser and this isn't the final design anyway so it doesn't really matter anyway!

Oct 27, 2017
Probably might not happen, atleast not for awhile since their composer left this past summer.
...Wait, what?! Kazuma left?

It is not quite the same thing, but if you like vidocs for actually getting a look behind the game and not just as a hype thing then "the sprint" or whatever was a series put out before halo 5 that followed the development of that game. Regardless of what you think of Halo 5 I thought it was a good look at the development of the game.

The sprints were great. They did a really good job of humanising 343's team members and the general dev process for people who wouldn't otherwise be familiar with them. It worked for me because it was almost completely lacking in any sense of marketing / PR. It was literally following the teams of people who were working on a project (which happened to be a AAA game).

I'm really hoping they have a similar behind the scenes for this one, but I can understand the reasons behind why they don't get revealed until key milestones or until after the game is out.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
...Wait, what?! Kazuma left?
It was announced back in July that he left to go freelance yeah. I think he's composed some of the soundtrack already and I'm not sure if they'll contract him as a freelancer to continue it or if they're hiring a new inhouse composer. But we'll still hear some of Kaz's sound in Halo Infinite that's for sure... just not all of it.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Oh 100% I am, I can never deny that! Honestly based on the E3 teaser alone I also thought it looked pretty perfect, it's just seeing it side-by-side with the previous models that draws my attention to a couple little details that feel off to me. Mainly that bit on the top; that just looks really strange to me, but it wasn't visible at all in the teaser and this isn't the final design anyway so it doesn't really matter anyway!

At least you're acknowledging it lol

It looks solid to me personally. It's a nice compromise of the helmet from 2&3 along with 4&5. I really like it and I definitely think it needs to retain the different gradients of green as the newer armor has. If it doesn't it'll look to plain.

I'm interested in what they'll do with the armor more than the helmet. I actually loved what they did with it in 5 with the Gen 2 version of the Mark VI but I also loved 2 and 3's Mark VI.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Watching the Social stream made me remember why i frikken love Halo.
Im sold as shit on Halo Infinite cant wait for next week get a few more details.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What an awesome stream they put on for their fans, good on Ske7ch and Dan for doing this. It really gives you a strong inclination that Infinite is not messing around; we're likely in for an amazing Halo game.