• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Link Here

"Right now we're still going through the huge cascade of implications and ramifications to the release shift and the team is heads down working through nearly every facet of the game. Full disclosure we don't have anything planned for the VGAs, but are hoping to offer at least a high level update within the next few weeks so we can kind of restart this journey together after the holidays. Pulling together something like a demo or big beat for the VGAs is an enormous amount of work and would cause challenges with current milestones of the holidays. I know it's hard to wait, but the team is going to make the most of this extra time and we want to make sure we can put our best foot forward and commit to greater transparency and dialog on the road ahead. We'll get there and get the train going again."

The phrase 'restarting the journey" makes it sound to me is that this is going to take a long while. Also I wonder if the update will be anything substantial, or just something vague.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this thing ain't coming out until late 2021 at the earliest.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Man we are going to be reading some crazy articles about the development of this debacle in the future.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Wow, so maybe a lot more work to do than we initially thought. Also I can't believe we're close to the VGAs again, 2020 is weird.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's anyone's guess, but I read that as them "restarting" the marketing /messaging since the entire gameplay reveal turned into Craig the Brute memes.

I highly doubt they restarted development.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Craig will probably announce some nominations, given how much Phil and 343i claim they love the meme

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
It still blows my mind that someone in a relevant position considered that was OK to deliver a game in that state to the users. It seems that this game is not going to be ready until 2022, considering COVID is also in the way.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Hooray for actual communication! Glad to hear something, sounds like marketing cycle will restart in 2021, probably implies a spring or summer release then.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe soft reboot ?

I kinda hope they ditch problematic xb1 version and at least make graphic on par with 4-5 and i will be more than happy.

I can wait for it to coming at anytime they comfort with, as long as it turned out good and is the foundation for years to come.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Using the word "restart" and phase "heads down working through nearly every facet of the game" makes this sound pretty far out still.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sounds like a fall 2021 game to me, but hope they find a unique way to build to its release and reassure fans.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My guess is Fall 2021 release, but we shall see.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Yeah, makes sense honestly. I'm expecting May 2021 from the way they talk. They don't wanna make a big new demo or trailer, but hope to have more news with presumably a blog post update within a few weeks. The gameplay seems pretty good, so it seems they just have a lot of surface level stuff like lighting/LOD and pop in optimizations to finish alongside other stuff assuming the game is feature complete which insiders have said to be the case

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me. Still thinking a May release.

Restart this journey? So they are rebooting the entire thing?

No, this is about marketing and how they've had to shift all that around.

How hard is it for them to show someone playing the game?

After the reaction to the gameplay reveal? Incredibly difficult. The game will likely be finished, or damn near close, before we see it again.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I've been saying this since the delay was announced. September 2021 is the earliest Infinite is releasing.

Instead of presenting the game at something like the VGA, that effort should go into a BETA. Let us play the game, not just look at it.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Restart this journey? So they are rebooting the entire thing?
I took this more of a "restart the marketing journey with the community" based on the context of the phrase being used. Their plan was silence until E3 2020 then a big constant stream (journey) of news and other information. The tepid reception and the reality they weren't going to finish the game on time was enough for them to halt their already ongoing news drops (hence why they stopped dropping music from the game) and they kind of paused the whole marketing journey. So what I got from it was that once they hopefully reach their holiday milestones and can pinpoint an internal release date, they will begin more marketing for the game again, but until then they are going to be radio silent

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
No, they are restarting marketing. If they were restarting development then the game wouldn't be out for another couple years.

Yeah I think restart the journey means the marketing/reveal "journey" they started in July.

Definitely think the game will come out next year, whether spring or holiday I have no idea.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think restart the journey means the marketing/reveal "journey" they started in July.

Definitely think the game will come out next year, whether spring or holiday I have no idea.
The art book is still scheduled for a June release according to amazon. So my guess is that eternally they are hoping to release it by June at the latest.

The Art of Halo Infinite: Microsoft, 343 Industries: 9781506720081: Books - Amazon.ca

The Art of Halo Infinite: Microsoft, 343 Industries: 9781506720081: Books - Amazon.ca

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "together" part is what you need to pay attention to there. That's marketing.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man the flow of information for this game is fcking terrible.

How does 343 get away with this.