• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
His tweet response was also liked by 343i Associate Creative Director:

I think this is a really genuine/honest response directly from key devs at 343i, and I kinda feel bad now for them after all the hate and shitstorm (anywhere) around current Halo Infinite's gameplay visuals.
It shouldn't be easy to digest all the disappointment, toxicity and hate for probably the biggest and more passionate project/work of your life during the last 5 years.

This also sounds to me as the actual start of a doubled effort from entire 343i from now 'till Infinite launch to spin around all the negativity, and deliver the game both dev and fans always wanted.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I have absolutely zero doubt that the team at 343 know exactly what they're doing, and have a strong vision for the game. I'm also sure they would have produced a game with stronger visuals if they could. I think the visuals are likely just a product of the development cycle. Who knows, maybe given more time they'll improve upon them. But I don't think they'll get that extra time.

There's a way to criticize things in a healthy manner though, and that tweet ain't it.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I REALLY hope they stick the landing here but I'm doubtful. Still in at launch, though.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The person they're responding to is an ass.

Still hopeful about the game. I genuinely want it to be great.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say it takes a lot to reply in a calm manner like that.

Kinda hate this shitty entitlement and disrespect towards the developers.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I REALLY hope they stick the landing here but I'm doubtful. Still in at launch, though.
You should never pin the success of any game on a single developer but I AM pretty hopeful knowing that Paul Crocker is a lead on the game. He's a really influential person in the success of the first two Arkham games, and he left before Rocksteady developed Arkham Knight. Apparently that landed him at Bungie where he's been making Halo Infinite.

But hey, 343i, while we're at it, I'm telling you: Chop out half of the Brute Villain speech please. It's not good. (Being long makes it a bad speech, it overstays its welcome after the first two or three sentences, and questions raised like "what is he rambling about?" and "Why isn't he just doing something instead?")

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hopefully things can improve, I think gameplay wise it looks good but it's just graphics. I can't see them making any major changes this close to the end of a pipeline without delaying.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There must have been less aggressive responses they could have responded to lmao. Still all to them for even bothering to response.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the release so soon there isn't anything dramatic they can do

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the 73 in the that twiter user name isn't his birth year and this guy/girl is 14 years old tops. Being a Dev for any major IP sounds like a nightmare

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man I feel sorry for these developers dealing with these manbabies.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Aw man! I feel bad for them.

It really is not fair either that people compare them to Bungie, who mind you have/had their own struggles too.
Remember Destiny 1 engine making it ridiculous hard for Bungie to create new content?

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
If people think bitching at them now will change the game that's supposed to come out in 4 months; they're wrong. To see the kind of improvements that "wow" people probably mean a 12-18 month delay, I'd imagine. There's a reason why 343i is in this position to begin with — to me, I'd speculate that the company is in great turmoil internally in the last few years (as evidenced by creative leads quitting and reports from credible sources on a very rocky developmental cycle), and they can't just wave a magic wand and fix all of these issues with the game in the next few months.

What fans want is a true next-generation experience and that will take effort and above all, time.

Apr 19, 2020
Poor developers. I feel like that kind of kowtowing response is only going to make gamers more unbearably entitled, though (if such a thing is possible)

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
You should never respond to people like that. It makes others believe that's how you should act to be recognized.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks very cross gen but it'll no doubt be a fun Halo game. No need for folks to take it that seriously or harass the devs

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
I mean I think we all are guilty of losing sight that behind the reveal and trailers etc it's just normal people pouring their hard work and many many hours into these projects. Sometimes they come off and others they don't. Someone tried to point this out in the meme thread and they were crucified (they perhaps worded it a bit strong to be fair) but there does seem to be a healthy amount of people who were just waiting on MS to trip up so they could pounce and unfortunately for people working on this game, halo didn't just trip it It fell down a well. It was a feeding frenzy

I can't imagine working in an environment like that where your work can be ripped apart so gleefully in some cases, it must be really disheartening.
I do hope they take onboard some of the valid criticism and come back with a better showing

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
He was tagged and decided it was a good idea to respond for whatever reason but I wouldn't appreciate the narrative designer giving an obvious troll the time of day if I was one of the people working on the engine and textures.

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine to express disappointment, but you don't need to be an asshole to do it. That fan tweet is just embarrassing.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
I hope they're also seeing all the people who are stoked with what they saw and can't wait to play it, myself included.

Graphics aren't the be-all end-all.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Actually, if you read all his tweets 1/5, you can tell he's very passionate fan and just disappointed. That one tweet he responded to was the worst of the bunch.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people saying I feel sorry for the Devs, you could take what that tweet said and find it in multiple threads since that Showcase. People on here want Devs to be more open and communicative well that works both ways it should be an amicable relationship, but it rarely is.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Developers need to stop responding to asshatery like that from players with platitudes like
I want you to know your voice matters + is heard. You're not falling on deaf ears.
Gives the impression that it is ok for consumers to talk to developers however they want because their voice supposedly matters when it comes to game development. If you cannot be civil then you don't deserve to be responded to in a civil manner.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
If I would have been him I would honestly just block that dude and made that tweet addressing the criticism as its own. That's not a way to ask a question.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
343 (Ske7ch especially) have been handling the negativity surrounding the reveal really well.
I hope now that they've had feedback they can focus on in the areas people are criticizing most before launch. People generally seem very positive on the gameplay and art style, it's mostly just some of the texture work/combined with the lighting choices and pop-in that (primarily) need some extra work. I hope they have enough time to change people's opinions before launch.

I really don't envy 343... how many games are expected to ship with the following at minimum?
Campaign
MP (FFA,2v2,4v4,8v8)
Firefight/Horde
Map maker (Forge)
Theater
Extensive custom games options
+ people are expecting custom games browser support now

With Halo it feels like if even one of these is missing or not fully featured, people lose their shit.
It's ironic that the one time it seems like they're nailing the gameplay/content, the graphics are what everyone complains about lol.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I said this elsewhere - it looked like a decent Halo game but a bad platform launch showcase. Ratchet & Clank was the complete opposite, you could see the hardware working.

ironically, I'd rather buy Halo than R&C.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Class response.

I feel for 343i right now. Man...

This also sounds to me as the actual start of a doubled effort from entire 343i from now 'till Infinite launch to spin around all the negativity, and deliver the game both dev and fans always wanted.

This.. sounds like crunch. I don't want 343 crunching man. Developing games is hard enough as it is, crunch is pure hell.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Dan is the guy who broke down the original trailer with the best PowerPoint presentation I've ever seen, seems like a goody guy.

www.youtube.com

The Making of The Halo Infinite Announce Trailer | 343 Industries Social Stream

Join Brian Jarrard and Dan Chosich from 343 Industries as they break down the making of the Halo Infinite E3 2018 Announce trailer. From ideation to storyboa...
He is a super talented still very humble guy which also worked on Halo 3 (amazing) Vi-Docs.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Guy just threw a tantrum pretending Halo is all he has in his life, then after he was responded basically backpedaled all the way to say good things about the game. I mean, I could not answer to that kind of shit calmly at all lol

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this all works out for the studio and the game. I've not touched the franchise in ages, but something about the demo excited me - maybe it was nostalgia from 2005 taking over, but I'm interested in the product.