• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
great news there have been a few things i would have bought if they were cheaper

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
lol it feels funny to have posted this a few hours ago:
Then you're the market in action. I'm sure with each storefront offering that they're collecting loads of data and seeing how & where people are willing to spend money in the store. I can see the quality of items increasing over time or the quality remaining the same but the prices dropping. Unless, of course, the whales make it worthwhile to keep the quality & prices where they're set.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The game desperately needs more maps. I really hope we get a good balance of new + remade classic maps in the months ahead.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Great to hear!

Like most, I wanted to spend money on cosmetics but either the current pricing or the offering itself just didn't seem worth the price (Especially when compared to other F2P titles).

Hopefully, this is also a step closer to cross customization between stores. I'll say it a million times but stuff like Emblems and Armor Coatings at minimum should be universal IMO.

-------

From the data they gathered, I would imagine the biggest items that weren't selling were the vehicle skins. I haven't really seen any of those used that weren't either given away from a promotion or part of the campaign unlocks. Which just adds more weight that some of the offerings needed a price reduction or more cross customization content with them.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I just want new maps man. new maps bad. I like all the modes, the game is fun as fuck, but man I am tiring of the current maps even if I do enjoy them. I hope they bring back some classic maps too. like maybe 1 classic for every 2-3 new would be dope

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I really don't think price is the issue. More so the quality of the bundles/cosmetics are atrocious compared to other games on the market

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Well done to everyone who protested by resisting the urge of buying anything no matter if it was cool or they just liked an item.

While it's probably not the first issue I would have fixed in this game, it's a good thing they're listening to feedback, because a lot of players probably would be happy to spend some money in this game to support it, if it was accessible and working, and if the prices were fair.

Well done Spartans!

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, maybe I'll buy something from the store now! There's a couple of skins that look awesome, but I haven't bought because of the prices.

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think price is the issue. More so the quality of the bundles/cosmetics are atrocious compared to other games on the market

Price is absolutely an issue too.

I just want new maps man. new maps bad. I like all the modes, the game is fun as fuck, but man I am tiring of the current maps even if I do enjoy them. I hope they bring back some classic maps too. like maybe 1 classic for every 2-3 new would be dope

I wouldn't expect any new maps until Season 2

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Good to hear they'll be playing around with the pricing more. Please make this Chief and Cortana weapon charm reasonably priced, it looks so cute but I couldn't justify the price.

FERVMqdWUAEoeIO

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Well done to everyone who protested by resisting the urge of buying anything no matter if it was cool or they just liked an item.

While it's probably not the first issue I would have fixed in this game, it's a good thing they're listening to feedback, because a lot of players probably would be happy to spend some money in this game to support it, if it was accessible and working, and if the prices were fair.

Well done Spartans!

The only item I bought was the Cat Ears which seemed to be a popular item. It was one of the few things that felt reasonably priced (In the realm of F2P MTX).

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Glad I didn't buy anything outside of the Battle Pass.

Honestly only been tempted by some of the Tenrai stuff so far but I'm so far behind in the Tenrai event progression that it would end up applying to the stuff from Tenrai that I'm not all that personally impressed with... and my challenge swaps rarely ever yielded workable challenges for me.

Oh well, I still want the Mark VII version of the EVA helmet (pretty sure it's completely renamed but it's EVA-esque) more than anything else... glad to see it'll probably be at a lesser price than its previous offering, if it was ever offered up on the shop yet.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Id buy things if the whole armor core concept didnt exist. Let me use everything with every customization piece.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
The only item I bought was the Cat Ears which seemed to be a popular item. It was one of the few things that felt reasonably priced (In the realm of F2P MTX).

How much was it? I honestly wanted to buy it to because I thought it was fun too. Was it like 15$ right? For the cat ears, an armour coating and 2 charms?

But in the end, I didn't buy them, not because of the price, but because I firmly believe it would send the wrong signal, and if you want to manifest again something, well, you have to resist your own impulse to clearly send a message.

(Re-reading me, and I'm not saying this in a way I'm judging anyone who bought items in the store, it's your money, you do whatever you want with it, but if someone is against something, here the prices they put in place, well, the best way to manifest imo was to not buy anything even if something was growing on you maybe).

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How much was it? I honestly wanted to buy it to because I thought it was fun too. Was it like 15$ right? For the cat ears, an armour coating and 2 charms?

But in the end, I didn't buy them, not because of the price, but because I firmly believe it would send the wrong signal, and if you want to manifest again something, well, you have to resist your own impulse to clearly send a message.

(Re-reading me, and I'm not saying this in a way I'm judging anyone who bought items in the store, it's your money, you do whatever you want with it, but if someone is against something, here the prices they put in place, well, the best way to manifest imo was to not buy anything even if something was growing on you maybe).

I think it was $10 which felt like the most reasonably priced set so far. Also I want more cutesy things like those ears lol

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. They've been fairly responsive to most issues, this was the one that I was least sure they'd try and address.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

It was $10 with the things included. The package almost felt like a prototype of sorts since similar ones had less content.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
The prices in these games are always weird. These sponsored sets are like $10 each. If they were $2-3 each, I'm sure they'd sell a ton more. There are people like me who are never going to buy all of them, because that would be like $60+. But if they were cheaper, I'd buy more, so they would eventually get more money out of me.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Prices for what they were selling seemed insane to me, said before they'd probably make more money by lowering them.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Finally. Guess it's time to buy some stuff. The protest worked, so it's time to put my money where my mouth is.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Good, these prices were egregious and the offerings really not that compelling.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I also bought the cat ears. Probably the most reasonable thing they have sold so far in terms of value.

Somniac

Banned
Oct 10, 2021
Its weird how 343i managed to release the first Halo game I am purely apathetic towards. Hit high Onyx ranked, beat the campaign, uninstalled. I've been a sweaty comp player for years, going so far as to play in GB tournaments and stuff, but Infinite has left me absolutely numb. I don't understand why the fanbase is so deadset on the store being the primary cause for concern when the game is missing half of its featurelist, theater/observer is ass, desyncs make the game random and nigh unplayable at times and we have a paultry number of maps/modes.

Everytime the playerbase is polled they talk about the store being the biggest issue and I just don't get it. Who cares if you have better customization in a First Person Shooter when the game is void of content?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this is the first step in turning the shop into a persistent catalog where you can just buy whatever individual things you want.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Would expect them to do what Fortnite does then.
Pay $10 for the Battle Pass, Be Able to Earn 1000 in Halo Cash or whatever the equivalent of 10 is.
I dont know how this would work with Battle Passes that dont expire.

Unlike Fortnite and other games where the credits in the Battle Pass are a FOMO tactic to keep you playing until you finish the Battle Pass so you can get the next one for free.

They'd essentially be doing the same treadmill tactic as other free to play games without the FOMO component. Business wise that's hard for me to see them doing.

Then again this game doesnt have Fortnite, Apex and Warzone player numbers so this might be a path they take to keep people who are currently playing.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, 343 and Infinite are gonna go through some major growing pains its first year.

Thankfully, the gameplay is sublime so hopefully by this time next year the game will be in a much better state to surround it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I dont know how this would work with Battle Passes that dont expire.

Unlike Fortnite and other games where the credits in the Battle Pass are a FOMO tactic to keep you playing until you finish the Battle Pass so you can get the next one for free.

They'd essentially be doing the same treadmill tactic as other free to play games without the FOMO component. Business wise that's hard for me to see them doing.

Then again this game doesnt have Fortnite, Apex and Warzone player numbers so this might be a path they take to keep people who are currently playing.

Yeah, the issue would be gaps in content since there's no FOMO with the passes which I didn't even consider.
So definitely a case of do you just accept the "treadmill" to potentially keep players going or do you hope they spend it on something in the store with the new prices? Since the other option would be you get Credits in a BP but less than the value of the Pass. So it's more of a "If you complete 2 battle passes you could technically get the 3rd one for free".

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
if they're changing the pricing will they be refunding people who bought them before the difference?