• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So a user by the name of Moses_FPS brought up an issue regarding one of the nameplates in the current flight for ODST firefight and H3 hit registration fixes and one of them are police sirens. Of course in the ODST campaign there is not only police vehicles stranded throughout the game but also a secondary story regarding the corrupt New Mombasa Police Department that connects to the main story, so the nameplate wasn't really out of place. But at the sametime with the current political climate 343i decided to remove it from the flight and possibly the final release.

As expected though it has caused a stir with certain groups within the halo community.

Ef-4J9IWsAAePSP

And these are the kinds of posts he makes.

This is probably the biggest thread on this subject.

In addition other Halo youtubers and EmpressCortana (who made false allegations against Stinkles and other 343i employees) have also jumped onto this alt right boycott. Eitherway going by the reactions I think 343i made the right call. The nameplate would have went well with my gamertag, but seeing these kinds of reactions, I think I agree that these types of players would use this nameplate to harass others.

This halo youtuber is saying 343i overreacted, meanwhile he made a rant vid complaining about Halo 3 being released early on PC.

Last edited:

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lots of people showing their ass with those responses, lmao. It's almost as if the police are universally terrible and their supporters are almost as bad (not to mention just bad-faith actors in the first place).

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
"There are police literally in the game."
... Pretty much all of whom are antagonists.

Also, love that they can't stay mask off for even a second.
Is there even a BLM plate? I see a panafrican symbol which is not the same thing...
I think it was added during the George Floyd uprisings, so for most people it's the same thing unfortunately.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
"There are police literally in the game."
... Pretty much all of whom are antagonists.

Also, love that they can't stay mask off for even a second.

I think it was added during the George Floyd uprisings, so for most people it's the same thing unfortunately.

The only other one is the Black History Month nameplate.

Thanks for the info y'all.

Is it empowering to Black people? Then to them it's the same thing.

We can't have anything lol.

Racists will cling onto anything.

Pretty much what I was expecting.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Why are you signal boosting some rando Twitter asshole with 300 followers and making it out as "The Halo Community"?

boi

Nov 1, 2017
343 making the right call. I love Halo and playing Halo online and I generally perceive the community as very friendly. With that said - these pieces of trash can fuck off.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why I don't tell people that I don't know that I'm into video games. Alt-right fuckwads have essentially become the voice of video games for the general public. Sick of these asshats. I had to finally start muting people in Modern Warfare because my clan tag is BLM, and that led to a lot of dudes talking a ton of shit and deliberately targeting me at all costs. Gaming is absurdly toxic.

Glad that 343 took a little bit of initiative here, because the message those guys need to hear is that their views are not welcome in our medium.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Snowflakes whining they can't be all "blue lives matter" without getting shat on.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
If I grew up thinking about what my bullies thought of me every second, I would go paranoid.

Just ignore those babies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Black power and BLM is polarizing because racists hate equality.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
The Halo community is absolute garbage. I'm not surprised.

343 really need to do something to try combat it for infinite.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"It's not about hate"

Then proceeds to post racist memes

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Don't throw the whole community under the bus. The majority of Halo fans are against this kind of shit.

I love Halo too, but just saying what I've seen based on MCC matchmaking and stuff. The amount of times I've seen the n-word or homophobic slurs used in game, to report them and have nothing come of it etc.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Halo too, but just saying what I've seen based on MCC matchmaking and stuff. The amount of times I've seen the n-word or homophobic slurs used in game, to report them and have nothing come of it etc.
You see and remember that stuff because it's shocking. You don't remember the 95+% other people you encounter who don't go around being bigots.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
You see and remember that stuff because it's shocking. You don't remember the 95+% other people you encounter who don't go around being bigots.

Maybe, it's just a little disheartening to see and report something, then run into the same gamertags a few weeks later doing the same stuff.

Anyways, I don't want to derail the thread anymore, I hope 343 don't respond to the backlash.

Oct 25, 2017
That Bring Back Halo guy OP linked is utter garbage, just part of the dogpile of YouTube Halo accounts that just thrive off negative 343i content. For reference he made several videos about how them releasing Halo 3 on the MCC on PC (you know a 13 yo game) half a day early was a bad thing cause he took time off first to play it, was called out then double downed on his crappy take with longer and more terrible videos.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that considers Black Lives Matter to be a polarizing statement is a racist and can safely be seen as irrelevant to moving humanity forward. Their views should be crushed.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're going to meme faces on anything, can we get this guy's avatar onto the face of Billy Steele?

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Racists won't play the game anymore? Nothing of value was lost. I bet the Halo community improves if the racists are not taking part of it anymore.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
No matter what medium, racists always show themselves. It's like breathing for them 🤷‍♂️

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i get wanting to highlight this, but these are tweets with tens of likes and a video with a couple of hundred reviews. this is, ultimately, a small thing currently happening that runs the risk of being signal boosted to all of the worst people by people trying to """expose""" them

Prevolition

Oct 27, 2017
This kinda stuff makes me shudder with disgust and sadness. How is it okay to use Halo to make fun of George Floyd's death but then get up in arms about a removed nameplate? This isn't even ignorant racism, it's overt.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Good on 343.
Fun responses. "It's about the principle." Right, right, right.

Last edited: